Harassment on Talk of the Villages.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM
n/a

Use your wit to counter any attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 PM
n/a

They will respect you and treat you differently.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Threatening legal recourse will only make it worse.

Maybe. Maybe not. None of the posts that have made would survive on the Regular TOTV Forum. Personal attacks and baiting-- if the Moderator catches it-- are removed.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you don't know any of these people, don't let them get under your skin.

By publishing my photo, my home address, and phone, I feel that there is an implicit invitation to actually come to my house. If I am not there, it inevitably puts my family in a situation that could become dangerous.
Getting under my skin is not the issue, the issue is using information from other sources to intimidate me.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Vulgarity depends on perspective. Personal attacks can only exist if one person knows or knows of an individual. I see nothing wrong here since all parties willingly engage on a consistent basis.

Very true. Some would say grabbing a women in certain places would be harassment. Others would vote for this person.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
By publishing my photo, my home address, and phone, I feel that there is an implicit invitation to actually come to my house. If I am not there, it inevitably puts my family in a situation that could become dangerous.
Getting under my skin is not the issue, the issue is using information from other sources to intimidate me.
That's something I would make a police report about myself if you can figure out who posted that and when. Often hard to get at who posted what if there are more than ten posts listed when using the "Quote Post" and scrolling.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 PM
n/a

My cynical self says people enjoy hurting other people and will continue until either they tire or you disappear. Take a month or two off to reduce the steam pressure.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
My cynical self says people enjoy hurting other people and will continue until either they tire or you disappear. Take a month or two off to reduce the steam pressure.

I may do that. I do have a lot of work to do. I did work as a Student Attorney for Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners and saw how rotten people can be to one another.

And the people on the Political Forum-- an extremely small but very vocal group of them-- do not seem likely to change unless forced to by the Moderator. He can easily fix this by banning people but will not.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:24 PM
n/a

"They better hope I haven't written down any IIP address's before they say their not guilty." POTUS thank you for your idea.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 PM
n/a

Retreat and live to fight another day.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Retreat and live to fight another day.

That's just it. I want nothing to do with this group of posters that continue to harass me which from my reading of the FL statutes is criminal in nature. May seem petty to others but it is far from that to me.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoy
Don't let fear stop you from running your mouth Boy!
Just like a hornets nest, or rattle snake, you keep poking at them...what a hero (or a zero really)!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
I, for one, have had other posters find my personal pages on other sites, and have posted pictures of me, my home address and phone, which are clearly beyond the scope of replying to posts, and initiating posts in this forum. I feel that by going outside this forum to seek personal information, obtaining that information, then publishing it in this forum is quite unethical, and because I am not an attorney, could be illegal. I have complained to the "administrator" about such actions, and nothing was done.
Funny coming from the boy whose 1st post on totv was a self promoting business ad containing his own phone number.

Which of course was not a paid ad and a violation of TOS.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Moderator obviously is Ignoring whatever happens on the Political Forum of Talk of the Villages but if any of these harassers of me on the Political Forum carry this over to the Regular TOTV Forum please complain in the most vociferous to terms and mention how prolific some of these posters as well as nasty they have been over here against me. This has gone on for what seems like months with some of these people.

They are on my Ignore List. But even with that, I can see what they entitle various new threads.

I am sure that you would like to see these nasty harassers off of TOTV as much as I would.

This is also against the law but I do not want to stress out my family with these creeps' behavior. It certainly is stressing me out a great deal though. And this is intentional on this group's end. As you can see from their posts over the last week or so.

American Association of Law Libraries Past Due books

More intersesting than Wackadoodle's library thread

Cyber-Bullying and Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (IIED) - South Florida Injury Lawyer Blawg - May 19, 2016

How To Recover Emotional Distress Damages Without a Physical Injury in Florida | South Florida Personal Injury & Car Accident Blog

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress - FindLaw
http://www.sumtercountysheriff.org/

Just a little reminder.

If they come on the Regular Forum with these personal attacks. COMPLAIN to the Moderator.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:24 AM
n/a

Get a job, earn a wage, and pay some income tax.

Tags
talk, villages, harassment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.