He lied. Does it matter?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Good suggestion.

I really can't fathom why people keep re-visiting criticisms of President Obama when he's already been in office for three years and has only six months until the next election. In fact, we're continually reminded by posters that they've been saying the same thing for three years. We know. We've been reading about it for three years. Don't you think we understand the criticisms after all this time? At this point, people either agree or disagree and more posts describing what was seen in the rear view mirror won't change anyone's mind.

It seems to me that we'd all be better off looking forward, understanding and discussing the issues currently facing the country and who might best address them, rather than looking backwards and saying, "I've been saying this for three years".

Who cares?
I agree and disagree !

First the person you are agreeing with on this subject said..."......when your candidate has already been totally discredited does not work." Thus he obviously changed is view point in less than 24 hours ! Point is, he felt differently a little bit ago.

Now, as someone who begs folks to discuss issues, on that I agree with you and I wish you the best getting that to happen. Folks would rather destroy people than actually discuss the issues.

In some ways your remarks about Obama are true......I have just a few comments on that. First, it has only come up the last few days as folks seem to want to destroy Romney, THE MAN. That sort of, and I will speak for only me, makes me want to spit up with all the shadowy past that Obama has. That is why I have really become agressive about it...I KNOW a lot about his past....and when I hear a forum, OR NETWORKS, spend days on a prank done 45 years ago, well.....I gotta have my say. If you are going to go down this stupid road, lets have a go at it.

The last thing I will say and you VK have heard me on this for a number of years. First two years...Obama has control over both houses. He lies, pays folks off and goes behind closed doors and we still have NO JOBS,NO PLANS FOR JOBS, and yes he had a lot on his plate, BUT he had time to spend on this huge joke called Obama care.

The last year or so, he cannot do all he wants although he shows his true colors with some of his directives and his statements that he will go it alone...he did say that. If he gets through this election and does not have to face reelection, it fears me. YEP I said that in 2008 and he did just about everything I said he would do until the Reps got the house.

So, lets compromise. You get your fellow liberals to talk ISSUES and stop with trying to take down the MAN Romney (and his wife) and I bet you that the conservative ilk on here will discuss issues. I might add, that to my knowledge there have NEVER EVER been any attacks on the Obama family in the 3 years or so in office nor during the campaign. I can count quite a few already on Romney and he is not even the candidate yet.

I KNOW it is not going to happen. I KNOW there will still be not a discussion of issues and the attempts at stealing character will continue.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Good suggestion.

I really can't fathom why people keep re-visiting criticisms of President Obama when he's already been in office for three years and has only six months until the next election. In fact, we're continually reminded by posters that they've been saying the same thing for three years. We know. We've been reading about it for three years. Don't you think we understand the criticisms after all this time? At this point, people either agree or disagree and more posts describing what was seen in the rear view mirror won't change anyone's mind.

It seems to me that we'd all be better off looking forward, understanding and discussing the issues currently facing the country and who might best address them, rather than looking backwards and saying, "I've been saying this for three years".

Who cares?
It's so difficult to discuss where Mitt Romney stands on the issues since he changes his positions almost daily. Yesterday, he said he believed in gay/lesbian adoptions, today he told a radio station in Charlotte that what he really meant was that most states allow gay adoptions.

The only issue he will talk about on the campaign trail is the economy, but he offers no details except lower taxes for the rich and less regulation. Actually, President Obama passed fewer regulations than George Bush had at this point in his term. How would those fewer regulations be working out for JPMorgan Chase and Jamie Dimon?

This week he said he would take credit for saving the auto industry, after penning his editorial "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt". Steve Rattner, who was at the table for the auto industry bailout, choked on that statement by Romney.

Last week RW bloggers had to know what Obama ate as a seven year old, but this week Romney's high school record is nobody's business.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/not-so-fa...-gay-adoption/
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
n/a

One of the most rabid (or is it vapid) posters on this forum states. "Now, as someone who begs folks to discuss issues, on that I agree with you and I wish you the best getting that to happen. Folks would rather destroy people than actually discuss the issues." Instead, he/she brings up high school misinformation that was garnered from who knows where and just wants to talk about that - and not actual issues like he/she insists on in the first place.

Very odd - but deflective behaviour, isn't it? Looks as a tactic taken directly from the Stupidsky playbook of the Republicans.

Mitt Romney has not offered up any plans to create more jobs- he only bitches about Pres. Obama. I want to hear plans and ideas that will create jobs!

Get the Republican ideas and plans out there - if there are any - so the voters can make a choice of plans instead of just hearing about high school that happened 45 years ago.

However, if the poster cannot show any issues except the Stupidsky playbook, he/she is condemned to be on the losing team again.

This has gotten so ridiculous that I am going on hiatus from the Political chatroom and hopefully, with the help of the Caribbean Sea, get my mind back where it belongs.

AMF
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
n/a

This information that has been dug up about Romney is stupid!
How many of the posters on here would say that everything they did when they were in high school, or college for that matter, they are proud of????
How about everyone who wants to keep this kind of high school gotcha stuff going come clean on the real stupid things they did 50 years ago before they point to what others have done.
This feels like high school level thinking to me!

I want to know what they can do NOW!

How shallow can some be to stoop to this kind of ridiculous old info from a time long gone!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
One of the most rabid (or is it vapid) posters on this forum states. "Now, as someone who begs folks to discuss issues, on that I agree with you and I wish you the best getting that to happen. Folks would rather destroy people than actually discuss the issues." Instead, he/she brings up high school misinformation that was garnered from who knows where and just wants to talk about that - and not actual issues like he/she insists on in the first place.

Very odd - but deflective behaviour, isn't it? Looks as a tactic taken directly from the Stupidsky playbook of the Republicans.

Mitt Romney has not offered up any plans to create more jobs- he only bitches about Pres. Obama. I want to hear plans and ideas that will create jobs!

Get the Republican ideas and plans out there - if there are any - so the voters can make a choice of plans instead of just hearing about high school that happened 45 years ago.

However, if the poster cannot show any issues except the Stupidsky playbook, he/she is condemned to be on the losing team again.

This has gotten so ridiculous that I am going on hiatus from the Political chatroom and hopefully, with the help of the Caribbean Sea, get my mind back where it belongs.

AMF
Fine...try and post on the foreign policy threads on issues that I started.

And discuss issues and not candidates so when the campaign actually begins and there are debates we can all understand.

Finally, if you read the post to which I was replying mine would make sense but as always you did not.

You pick the issue...NOT THE CANDIDATE...the issue.

You do understand that OBAMA is the President much as Bush was the president so that issues will revolve around what he has done..you do get that right ?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
n/a

Default the Romney plan

why do liberals keep asking what romney's plan is to create jobs? it is very apparent that the republican position is to reduce tax and regulatory burdens on business, and that is what creates jobs, leading to actual increase in revenue with more people working and fewer on unemployment, food stamps, etc....this is the opposite of what obama has done and we have seen how that is working out! we have the co-founder of facebook giving up his american citizenship to escape our tax and regulatory burdens...that should tell you something!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlongnow View Post
This information that has been dug up about Romney is stupid!
How many of the posters on here would say that everything they did when they were in high school, or college for that matter, they are proud of????
How about everyone who wants to keep this kind of high school gotcha stuff going come clean on the real stupid things they did 50 years ago before they point to what others have done.
This feels like high school level thinking to me!

I want to know what they can do NOW!

How shallow can some be to stoop to this kind of ridiculous old info from a time long gone!
It is still kicking.....on CNN web page....in political on ABC site still top story.

They were "analyzing" last night on CNN for almost an hour..no other news, just this.

It is quite amazing.....having said that...it is all planned....

this from CNN..

"The map has included a campaign kickoff just days after the one-year anniversary of Osama bin Laden's death, a huge push by the president on the issue of student loans and an aggressive attempt to define Romney as out of touch with the struggles of middle-class Americans.
Even the president's recent announcement that he now supports same-sex marriage appears to have been scheduled as a part of the campaign's rollout. Senior advisers to the president say Obama was always planning to announce his new position before the Democratic convention in September, probably at a time when his Democratic base needed energizing."

As Romney fought for delegates, Obama team was lying in wait - CNN.com

Obama is an excellent politician.....no conventions yet.....but away we go...play is to get Romney on his heels right from the get go.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.