Health care reform...the following article in

Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
n/a

Default Health care reform...the following article in

this morning's paper was of interest and should be to every single warm blooded, lucid American:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2416855/posts

Excluding the the expected attacks on the author, how can we as a country allow this political ram job to continue.

It does not matter what your party when something is wrong it is wrong.

And now the lawmakers are proposing closed door hearings to avoid further discussion by the opposition. Some more transparency promised by Obama, like too many others has turned out to be nothing but campaign....get elected rhetoric.

We are knowingly allowing a partisan political agenda to take precedent over the needs and wants of the American people.

Remember SCRAM (Send Congressional Representatives A Message) ....re-elect no one in 2010.

btk
Old 01-05-2010, 10:04 AM
n/a

Please read the Constitution...under the separation of powers, the Executive has no control over the Congress, least of all how that branch operates.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
n/a

In January of 2008 during a debate our President was very clear when he said that regarding health care, he would bring all parties together and discuss the issue ON CSPAN for everyone to see. His exact words !!!

Now, we will have a backroom deal with "selected" folks to make that decision !

"Democrats' apparent decision to come up with a final health care bill not only behind closed doors but within a very select group of negotiators is drawing criticism not only from expected quarters, but from the media.

Both C-SPAN and House Republicans are reminding President Obama that he once pledged to have the health care negotiations carried on the gavel-to-gavel cable network.

"As your respective chambers work to reconcile the differences between the House and Senate health care bills, C-SPAN requests that you open all important negotiations, including any conference committee meetings, to electronic media coverage," C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb wrote in a letter to Obama and congressional leaders that the network released this morning."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/..._complain.html
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
n/a

Default And the point being communicated

would be what?

btk
Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
would be what?

btk
Not sure I understand your post BTK ???
Old 01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
n/a

Default Bucco our post crossed in the listing process.

My comment was for saratogaman and I should have addressed it that way to avoid what happened.

btk
Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
n/a

I am with you 100%!! We are slowly becoming European and that is NOT and improvement!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
n/a

If I had lied, deceived, not delivered what I promised I would have been fired from my job in a heartbeat!

My blood pressure rises to dangerous levels when I read of the latest reversals by the liberals of Congress and this administration. But then I have a hearty laugh when I remember that I thought Bush 43 was arrogant - Obama makes Bush 43 seem reasonable!

Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
n/a

When you state that we should get rid of incumbent politicians, does that mean that you will not -- and want us to not -- vote for Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite and Charlie Christ's puppet?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
n/a

Tell me more about that entity..."FreeEpublic?" that you cite. Supporters, donors, contributors? Never heard about it...enlighten me.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM
n/a

Default The message to be sent seems to be explicit.....

re-elect no one.
If there would be an allowance for this one and not that one....then there would be no accomplishment of the message at all....since all the incumbents would state why they are the good guys/gals.....just like they have been.

2010....re-elect no one!!

btk
Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogaman View Post
When you state that we should get rid of incumbent politicians, does that mean that you will not -- and want us to not -- vote for Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite and Charlie Christ's puppet?
It seems you are getting the message. GRIP is just like BTK's 're-elect no one'.

The existing gang of thieves has done nothing to benefit the citizens of the US of A. They seem to have forgotten that they are elected to guide the ship of state for the United States - all 50 states - not JUST the state that sent them to WDC...they are US Senators and US Representatives.

We are "one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". They have pretty much eliminated God from our environment and they are doing a good job destroying 'indivisible' what with the deals that are being constructed for individual states and traded for votes. How far behind can our liberty and justice be from elimination?

A new gang of somebodies could do no worse. I personally think the perspective of a new gang is most refreshing.

Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
n/a

If you look hard enough, you can find the ones who are different - Ron Paul comes to mind, although I don't completely agree with him. He's an incumbent and I've seen stories on those who are like him - just can't remember the names at the moment.

The incumbent concentration of power might be a more accurate description of what's wrong.

I disagree with you in one area, though. Quite frankly, people from Jesus to Thomas Jefferson knew the value of keeping religion private and getting it out of politics. Religion is a deeply personal thing. I'll keep disagreeing with the people who think religion is being persecuted until lawsuits start popping up preventing people from worshipping on private property.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
n/a

Default The premise at issue has been that religion did in fact

play a significant role in the lives of the founders of this country and it is reflected in their writings, architecture and other various government involvements...like money. Some of us refer to it as a core value that the country was founded upon.
Now that special interest groups have attained such a loud voice and the government itself has become so permissive so as to try to offend no one and the population in general seems to be less religious.....there is the seemingly constant drone of getting religion out of politics...to each his own.

However, the past cannot be changed and it is what it is......and at least for our time on earth we are content with the intent of the founding fathers....thank GOD!!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
n/a

Default Health Care

This is my first post in the Political Forum so be gentle, LOL! It is obvious that this administration has deceived the public on many issues, health care being the latest. We, seniors of 65 and older ages, will see just what transparency means when our benefits are lessened under Medicare. What puzzles me and frustrates me at the same time is that many friends of mine who are Democrats have NO concerns whatsoever over this dilemma whatsoever. I have to be very careful and pick the subjects that are discussed or reign myself in or some of my friends will disappear. This frustrates me to no end. Thanks for allowing me to vent somewhat.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.