Same Sex Marriage

Old 02-14-2016, 09:42 PM
n/a

Default Same Sex Marriage

The Supreme Court ruled that same sex marriage is legal in all the USA.

Rubio was saying today when (?) he is President, he will repeal that. Obviously, he does not realize the law of the land as pronounced by the Supreme Court cannot be repealled by the President or Congress.

I think the only way would be a Constitutional amendment that would take ratification by 3/4 of the states.

You would think that a presidential candidate would know that but maybe he is just counting on enough ignorant voters not to know what a president can and cannot do.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Rubio was saying today when (?) he is President, he will repeal that. Obviously, he does not realize the law of the land as pronounced by the Supreme Court cannot be repealled by the President or Congress.

I think the only way would be a Constitutional amendment that would take ratification by 3/4 of the states.

You would think that a presidential candidate would know that but maybe he is just counting on enough ignorant voters not to know what a president can and cannot do.
It worked for Obama.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
It worked for Obama.
I am talking about one topic here that is the law of the land and a comment from Rubio that he would repeal it.

How could the law of the land be repealed by a President?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:02 PM
n/a

Rubio could just as easily proposed what Obama does when he disagrees with a law of the land he dislikes......just do not enforce it. Illegal immigration laws for example or no enforcement of entry laws into the USA.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am talking about one topic here that is the law of the land and a comment from Rubio that he would repeal it.

How could the law of the land be repealed by a President?
Had you taken the time to read it, it should have been obvious to you that my response was to the part of the quote that I highlight in bold print.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:04 AM
n/a

Quote:

He did NOT say that. I heard what he said, and he did NOT say he would repeal it. You are baiting again, looking for attention.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:17 AM
n/a

Rubio said that it is a state's right to define marriage, not the federal gov. He did NOT say he would repeal it. He said he would not change the Constitution. He did not say he would repeal any law regarding same sex marriage. This is just a campaign of misinformation perpetrated by deviant liberals.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:46 AM
n/a

Besides, what's the harm? Just let the fudge packers and rug munchers do what they want.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Besides, what's the harm? Just let the fudge packers and rug munchers do what they want.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:47 AM
n/a

Marriage has no meaning anyway. As that tramp says about the death of four patriots, "what difference does it make?"
Old 02-15-2016, 09:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Rubio said that it is a state's right to define marriage, not the federal gov. He did NOT say he would repeal it. He said he would not change the Constitution. He did not say he would repeal any law regarding same sex marriage. This is just a campaign of misinformation perpetrated by deviant liberals.
"Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio suggested that the justices he nominates to the Supreme Court may roll back marriage equality"

Repeal: revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse, annul, nullify, declare null and void, quash, abolish
Old 02-15-2016, 09:44 AM
n/a

Whatever Rubio says about anything is irrelevant - he has as much chance of winning the nomination, let alone being elected, as Junior did finding any WMD's.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Whatever Rubio says about anything is irrelevant - he has as much chance of winning the nomination, let alone being elected, as Junior did finding any WMD's.
I agree!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your ignorance is showing. Better tuck you slip back in.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio suggested that the justices he nominates to the Supreme Court may roll back marriage equality"

Repeal: revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse, annul, nullify, declare null and void, quash, abolish
Ah, I know what repeal means, but I have yet to see his quote where he used that term. Taking a bit of leeway with the truth, are you? I'm sure you can find it, right? Or, did someone tell you this and you repeated like the liberal sheeple have a tendency to do?

Tags
president, sex, supreme, court, marriage, presidential, candidate, states, ratification, constitutional, amendment, 3/4, voters, ignorant, counting, usa, realize, law, repeal, today, rubio, land, congress, repealled, ruled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.