Herman Cain declares his candidacy

Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM
n/a

As I recall Mr. Fred Smith was considered a "wingnut" when he submitted his college dessertation on his business model according to a conversation I had with his accountant when living in Memphis. Its known in America as Federal Express. So I guess I will hold back my opinion of any candidate and refrain from any label.

Tbug is right its too early yet and we will have to see how it all shakes out. Heck there may even be a prospect who will challenge the Democratic incumbent? I mean stranger things have happened. Al Franken has higher ambitions
Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM
n/a

Watching his speech when he announced, I thought he got just a little to close to the DEAN thing when Dean won a primary. Although evrything he said was true and I think that he would really be good for the country. I am tired of the Middle Of The Road politicans. We need someone who looks out for America first and the rest of the world second. Charity starts at home. Cain just might have a chance. Especially of the economy is in the toilet and unemployment is higher that it is now. So far only Paul and Cain have really said anything that makes sense. The rest are from the same ole party. Let's spend more and more and tax those that work more and more. Me I am tired of supporting lazy folks, I believe in the saying "You Don't Work, You Don't Eat."
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I'm still am extremely flattered to be the focus of so much liberal angst on this forum. Thank You.
I knew you were in need of attention. Even negative attention is better than no attention at all. We are here for you.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wing-nut comments leave me discounting your opinion.
Doesn't take the word "wing-nut" for you to discount my opinion.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I knew you were in need of attention. Even negative attention is better than no attention at all. We are here for you.
Thanks buddy.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Doesn't take the word "wing-nut" for you to discount my opinion.
That certainly true, of late. Mostly, I think, because you don't always give opinions but just wisecracks or insults.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 PM
n/a

Default It's Easy

I don't know much about Herman Cain...nothing at all, really. But if he is to be a legitimate potential GOP candidate, all he needs to do is win or do well in the first few primaries. If he does that, he'll be a force. If he doesn't he won't.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
That certainly true, of late. Mostly, I think, because you don't always give opinions but just wisecracks or insults.
I do that mostly to point out how ludicrous and divisive our country has become in its politics. Both sides firmly entrenched. Arguments becoming more personal than objective. Half truths and outright lies prevailing. And this forum is but a microcosm of the entire country.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Back to character. It's wisecracks and insults vs. lies and delusions.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:00 AM
n/a

Default Do Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I don't know much about Herman Cain...nothing at all, really. But if he is to be a legitimate potential GOP candidate, all he needs to do is win or do well in the first few primaries. If he does that, he'll be a force. If he doesn't he won't.
How about being the most standout of the first debate of possibles.

Expect good things from the "Hermanator" quickly, even though, as Herman Cain said in The Villages the other night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN etc won't even acknowledge that he exist.

Typical though.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Back to character. It's wisecracks and insults vs. lies and delusions.
What you disagree with me about does not make what I say "lies". You can disagree with my point of view or my opinion, but that still doesn't make what I say "lies". It's just a lazy way of discounting what I say when you cannot refute it.

"Delusions"; that is a more honest response than saying I tell lies. At least that's just your opinion and you're entitled to that. Try having a conversation and expressing your opinion rather that just insulting people. You'll find people will take you more seriously and maybe even listen to you. Wouldn't you like that?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
How about being the most standout of the first debate of possibles.

Expect good things from the "Hermanator" quickly, even though, as Herman Cain said in The Villages the other night, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN etc won't even acknowledge that he exist.

Typical though.
He's has tons of charisma and speaks no nonsense common sense that the American people will eat up the more they listen to him. His many years of public speaking has well prepared himself for the presidential campaign trail and his business acumen and experience will serve him well in this time of economic upheaval and the people's fear for the future.

He still has not spoke to the specifics of any future platform but, in time, I'm guessing he will have to if he gains much traction. He might be saving it for the future build-up of his campaign, or he and his people haven't worked it all out yet.

Still, it's good to have this guy in the mix. He WILL make it more interesting.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
n/a

What you are saying about Herman Cain is that he is a very good speaker and has charisma (as does Barak Obama); many years of business experience (he can sell pizza); has not spoken of any specific planks in a platform (we do not have any idea of what he specifically wants to do as President - just bashing the current President); and he and his people have not yet worked out what he wants to accomplish as President.
__________________________________________________ _

Herman Cain is certainly a very intelligent man with his business background at Godfather's Pizza and also being Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank.

I actually might vote for Cain when and if he gets specific on his platform. If he is not too right from center, a lot of current independent voters will go over to a new person.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
n/a

Here is over 28 minutes of Herman Cain. Now nobody can say they do not know anything about him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkacOveF0[/ame]
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
Here is over 28 minutes of Herman Cain. Now nobody can say they do not know anything about him.
28 minutes - I don't know as I could sit still that long. Do you have the Cliffs Notes?

Xavier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.