Herman Cain declares his candidacy

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Herman Cain declares his candidacy

He's going to make it interesting. I have a feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E0ZC...bedded#at=1624
  #2  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default well received

mr. cain was very well received here on thursday night when people had to be turned away at mulberry grove rec center...he seems to have the common sense leadership style which has served him well at corporate levels and on boards of many organizations. we could really use a man of his calibre to run our country and bring it back to economic and moral health.
  #3  
Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cain has zero chance.
  #4  
Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Cain has zero chance.
I honestly believe you to be correct on this one.

Xavier
  #5  
Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree completely that Cain, while he may sound good, has no chance of receiving the Republican nomination.
  #6  
Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He has top the list over all other GOP candidates.
  #7  
Old 05-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, Rubicon, it is way too early to say who will be the Republican candidate for President and VP. Actually, too early to say if Joe Biden will be invited to stick on for Democrat VP.

If the GOP wants a chance to win, they will not pick Cain, Palin, Bachmann, or any wing-nuts. They will have to go with someone more middle of the road.
  #8  
Old 05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Well, Rubicon, it is way too early to say who will be the Republican candidate for President and VP. Actually, too early to say if Joe Biden will be invited to stick on for Democrat VP.

If the GOP wants a chance to win, they will not pick Cain, Palin, Bachmann, or any wing-nuts. They will have to go with someone more middle of the road.
The majority of Americans don't desire "middle of the road". They desire a strong true American leader espousing strong traditional American values who will bring America back from the brink of disaster. That's the man or woman who will rise to the top. There's lots of time yet.
  #9  
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The majority of Americans don't desire "middle of the road". They desire a strong true American leader espousing strong traditional American values who will bring America back from the brink of disaster. That's the man or woman who will rise to the top. There's lots of time yet.
I agree with you, but you are a little confused - you're thinking of the 2008 election. Yes we can.

Xavier
  #10  
Old 05-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default You also had a feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
He's going to make it interesting. I have a feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E0ZC...bedded#at=1624
that Christine O'Donnell would win, and that Palin could win the presidency. I have a feeling that your feelings are based on wishful thinking.
  #11  
Old 05-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I had forgotten about Christine O'Donnell. Have not heard anything about her recently. Maybe she and her coven went for a long broomstick ride.

The majority of Americans do desire middle of the road. Of course, on this forum, it seems that the best candidates would espouse the characteristics of Juan Peron and Francisco Franco. Well, Michelle Bachmann seems to be holding many of their characteristics right now. Sarah Palin is doing a good job also (but either of them would have to look up those names in their Funk & Wagnals).
  #12  
Old 05-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sorry, but we have stepped back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The majority of Americans don't desire "middle of the road". They desire a strong true American leader espousing strong traditional American values who will bring America back from the brink of disaster. That's the man or woman who will rise to the top. There's lots of time yet.
at least economically from the brink of disaster. We were on the brink of disaster in 2008 when it looked like our banking system was going to collapse, and we were in the worst recession in a generation.
  #13  
Old 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The majority of Americans don't desire "middle of the road". They desire a strong true American leader espousing strong traditional American values who will bring America back from the brink of disaster. That's the man or woman who will rise to the top. There's lots of time yet.
I might agree with the "strong leader" but disagree that we are on the brink of disaster and that Americans don't want "middle of the road". A wingnut like Bachmann or Palin or even Santorum have zero chance. Zero.
  #14  
Old 05-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
that Christine O'Donnell would win, and that Palin could win the presidency. I have a feeling that your feelings are based on wishful thinking.
I don't remember thinking O'Donnell would win; for a while it was close and I was hoping. I do admire Palin, but I don't think she could win because of the media frenzy she elicits every time she surfaces.

I'm still am extremely flattered to be the focus of so much liberal angst on this forum. Thank You.
  #15  
Old 05-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
I might agree with the "strong leader" but disagree that we are on the brink of disaster and that Americans don't want "middle of the road". A wingnut like Bachmann or Palin or even Santorum have zero chance. Zero.
Wing-nut comments leave me discounting your opinion.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.