Seattle Mother Of Four Shot By Police.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:32 AM
n/a

Unhappy Seattle Mother Of Four Shot By Police.

Charleena Lyles loved her children, dancing and Fourth of July, says brother of woman killed by Seattle police | The Seattle Times

Will be interesting to see more facts in this matter.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
What a stupid thread, not worthy of the political forum. On top of a stupid article, there are no facts about the case, other than the same old "she was a good person" from friends and family. I bet the cops that responded feel the same way about each other too, and didn't want to get killed by a wacko with a knife. Or, maybe they saved her kids' lives by offing the crazy. The police should probably get medals for their quick action. But, since you put this stupid post on here without ANY information, no one will know.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
What a stupid thread, not worthy of the political forum. On top of a stupid article, there are no facts about the case, other than the same old "she was a good person" from friends and family. I bet the cops that responded feel the same way about each other too, and didn't want to get killed by a wacko with a knife. Or, maybe they saved her kids' lives by offing the crazy. The police should probably get medals for their quick action. But, since you put this stupid post on here without ANY information, no one will know.
There isn't any information yet. Do you have no patience? This just happened.

And "Not worthy of the political forum" is just priceless considering the maturity of some of the posts and posters on the TOTV Political Forum.

The police and how they respond to the mentally ill is a very important issue. Fatal Police Shooting of Seattle Woman Raises Mental Health Questions - The New York Times

Seattle police fatally shoot pregnant woman who they say confronted officers with a knife - The Washington Post
Old 06-20-2017, 08:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
There isn't any information yet. Do you have no patience? This just happened.

And "Not worthy of the political forum" is just priceless considering the maturity of some of the posts and posters on the TOTV Political Forum.

The police and how they respond to the mentally ill is a very important issue. Fatal Police Shooting of Seattle Woman Raises Mental Health Questions - The New York Times

Seattle police fatally shoot pregnant woman who they say confronted officers with a knife - The Washington Post
It should not have been posted. Just like that stupid library thread should not have been posted.

Cops shoot people that are dangerous. Works for me. She probably deserved it, but thanks to this premature posting, we do not know and do not care. One person of no consequence. I am just glad that the Cops are OK.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoodle View Post

The police and how they respond to the mentally ill is a very important issue.
I guess if you are mentally ill, it might be...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Just like that stupid library thread should not have been posted.
The wackadoodle's attempt to justify his 17 year vacation from paying income tax...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 AM
n/a

deleted
Old 06-20-2017, 08:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually it is about 26 years of not paying income tax partly due to a blacklist put on me by the Law Librarian of Congress M. Kathleen Price and her contacts. Confirmed by calls I made to a Law Librarian in 1993 or so who probably found stuff for Barack Obama while he was also at the University of Chicago Law Library.
And I heard it was the CIA that assassinated JFK.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:16 AM
n/a

Seattle shooting suspect treated for mental illness, attorney says - LA Times

Getting back to the subject.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
What does this have to do with politics? The cops saved the taxpayer money.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:44 AM
n/a

I don't object to this being posted, but I do object to the title of the post and the headlines.

"Cops Shoot Mother of Four" makes it sound like the cops shot some poor innocent person. Mothers and fathers commit crimes and are sometimes dangerous people.

If a person were in the process of shooting people with a rifle and the police shot and killed him in defense of the people, the headline would not read, "Cops Shot Father of Eight".

What does the fact that she has four children have to do with this? This kind of headline and title is written in this manner to garner sympathy for the person that got shot and encourage anger toward police.

People are right when they say that there is not enough information to have any kind of opinion about this. In fact if not for the "mother of four" inclusion in the headlines, this wouldn't even be in the news.

The police shoot people every day. 99.9999% of the time they do so in either self-defense or in order to stop a crime. Those shootings rarely make headlines because it's simply the police doing their job. When a newspaper wants to sell more papers by getting the readers all riled up, they'll take a story that's not much of a story and create a headline like this.

The headline could have easily read, "Police Foil Armed Robbery and Kill Dangerous Suspect." But that wouldn't fit the agenda.

Tags
interesting, mother, police, shot, seattle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.