How do you correct Welfare abuse?

Old 02-27-2015, 12:37 PM
n/a

Default How do you correct Welfare abuse?

IMHO, abolish existing system and start over-again!

Welfare has taken away any incentive to EVER work...Granted there are a small percentage that really need the boost BUT there are so many that find welfare the answer to a free meal-ticket.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
n/a

Now I wish you had been more clear. Are we talking about corporate welfare where the government gives millions and tens of millions to a business? Are we talking about the billions in dollars that the government gives to military contractors in price overruns? Are we talking about the middle class welfare where homeowners get to deduct mortgage but renters can't deduct rent? Are we talking about the hundreds of billions given in tax breaks to churches for non-religious land and functions? Are we talking about the few hundreds of dollars we give with all kinds of strings attached to our poor, our disabled, our children to try to keep them from starving and freezing? Just want to know which kind of government assistance you are asking my advise about
Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
n/a

Default Phewwww!

All of them!!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 03:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Now I wish you had been more clear. Are we talking about corporate welfare where the government gives millions and tens of millions to a business? Are we talking about the billions in dollars that the government gives to military contractors in price overruns? Are we talking about the middle class welfare where homeowners get to deduct mortgage but renters can't deduct rent? Are we talking about the hundreds of billions given in tax breaks to churches for non-religious land and functions? Are we talking about the few hundreds of dollars we give with all kinds of strings attached to our poor, our disabled, our children to try to keep them from starving and freezing? Just want to know which kind of government assistance you are asking my advise about
In the interest of fairness, isn't it great that some of the government largesse is redistributed back to the wealthy from which it was originally confiscated?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are exactly correct. Something for nothing or something for next to nothing is the new great American dream. It is true with all income brackets from some of our unemployed United States senators. It is a terrible opinion to have but I believe it is what America is all about now. How else could one justify the terrible train wreck we are leaving our grandchildren.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are exactly correct. Something for nothing or something for next to nothing is the new great American dream. It is true with all income brackets from some of our unemployed United States senators. It is a terrible opinion to have but I believe it is what America is all about now. How else could one justify the terrible train wreck we are leaving our grandchildren.
Sorry I left out the word "to" between unemployed and United losing the entire point.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
IMHO, abolish existing system and start over-again!

Welfare has taken away any incentive to EVER work...Granted there are a small percentage that really need the boost BUT there are so many that find welfare the answer to a free meal-ticket.

What an original thought - wow !!!!!! Never heard that before.

You know what would be great? Whomever the Republican POTUS nominee is in 2016 - he should make that his campaign slogan. And repeat that over and over in every speech he makes.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.