How the mainstream media reports

Old 12-19-2017, 12:50 PM
n/a

Default How the mainstream media reports

I heard something on CNN yesterday that I found interesting and indicative of how they show bias without a lot of people noticing.

The question was asked of cabinet secretary on whether on or not the president would fire Mueller. The answer was, " I have no indication that he's going to. I don't see why he would. Of course, it's up to the president."

The lead line introducing the piece was, "Trump cabinet official refuses to confirm that the president will not fire Mueller."

You really have to pay attention to what you're hearing from the media.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I heard something on CNN yesterday that I found interesting and indicative of how they show bias without a lot of people noticing.

The question was asked of cabinet secretary on whether on or not the president would fire Mueller. The answer was, " I have no indication that he's going to. I don't see why he would. Of course, it's up to the president."

The lead line introducing the piece was, "Trump cabinet official refuses to confirm that the president will not fire Mueller."

I agree. From all sides.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 01:42 PM
n/a

Why do I suspect that Trump saying he's not going to fire Mueller means he will fire Mueller as soon as he thinks he can get away with it? Certainly his bros over at Fox have tried their darndest to bring Mueller down.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

You SHOULD ignore it all as it's all propaganda.

They use the media to lead you around by the nose.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:12 PM
n/a

Default Can You Spell Orwell's 1984

Quote:

This nation has a bigger problem then the main street media

Google and Facebook duopoly account for 84% of all digital advertising and as such both know how to control how millions of people view the news.

Goggle and Facebook using "clickbait" which draw people to sensational headlines that confirm readers biases.

Both Google and Facebook have been criticized for manipulating news to favor their liberal bent and to actual hide conservative point of view.

Essentially Goggle and Facebook threaten diversity of thought.

This is a frightening reality facing the world

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-19-2017, 05:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

Google and Facebook duopoly account for 84% of all digital advertising and as such both know how to control how millions of people view the news.

Goggle and Facebook using "clickbait" which draw people to sensational headlines that confirm readers biases.

Both Google and Facebook have been criticized for manipulating news to favor their liberal bent and to actual hide conservative point of view.

Personal Best Regards:
It certainly does...it's become a minority majority...and it will be 80% in 30 years.

Google and FB are contributing to the problem by promoting diversity.

Diversity of THOUGHT has been gone for a long long time. Pretty much since the 1960s. Diversity of speech too.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Guess they learned from Fox "news".
Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 PM
n/a

Main street media is reporting 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%. Fake news. But I'm not worried my income puts me in the top 4%. I feel confident the changes will give me more money. Your not in this income level and you voted for Trump. I want to give you a big thank you even though I will never vote for him.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Main street media is reporting 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%. Fake news. But I'm not worried my income puts me in the top 4%. I feel confident the changes will give me more money. Your not in this income level and you voted for Trump. I want to give you a big thank you even though I will never vote for him.
All one has to do is google who is affected by the new tax laws. There are a few good charts that show distribution of effect by household dollars, low to high on the right and percent advantage of new vs old across the bottom.

The BS 1% fake/fony, false, incorrect, mis-leading yapping is blown away instantly.

How about this poster demonstrate their source and what convinced them the "...83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%...." is valid. We await with baited breath!! They most certainly would not just parrot something so significant......would they?
Old 12-21-2017, 07:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughete View Post
Well lady you certainly have thrown some numbers out there, and made a few assumptions along the way...

If 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%, how is the rest (17%) of the tax cuts appropriated? Please let us know how much the top 2% get, the top 3%, the top 4%, and down.

As to your being a top 4% earner; that is a large portion of people in this country (roughly 20% of the population), you would only need an income in the 230k range. I feel fairly confident in saying; there are plenty of top 4% earner in The Villages (south of 441/27...). I am also confident that there are plenty of others here that have higher than top 4% income. Not sure if that is something you consider as a big accomplishment, but you might wish to keep it to yourself (sort of like the 60 year old bragging he is a millionaire...really, 1 million, that's it?).

What is puzzling is your post infers you are a Democrat. Those people are generally liberal in views of supporting the needy, and yet instead of clamoring you will be able to donate more money to charity - your boasting about "give me more money". This sort of infers you want other people to support those in need with THEIR money, and you want to keep YOUR money.

I voted for Trump and I am looking forward to the tax cut. I will be happy to keep more of the money I earn...but I do not want others to be forced to support the needy in this country either. I see welfare, SSD, and the rest of entitlement programs as a failure to the recipients...we have 3 generations of families that have never had a job that are living in public welfare...those programs don't help people, they just hold them back in life.

You say you did not vote for Trump. If you were able to take a break from counting all YOUR money and made it to the voting polls, who did you vote for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2017, 08:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well lady you certainly have thrown some numbers out there, and made a few assumptions along the way...

If 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%, how is the rest (17%) of the tax cuts appropriated? Please let us know how much the top 2% get, the top 3%, the top 4%, and down.

As to your being a top 4% earner; that is a large portion of people in this country (roughly 20% of the population), you would only need an income in the 230k range. I feel fairly confident in saying; there are plenty of top 4% earner in The Villages (south of 441/27...). I am also confident that there are plenty of others here that have higher than top 4% income. Not sure if that is something you consider as a big accomplishment, but you might wish to keep it to yourself (sort of like the 60 year old bragging he is a millionaire...really, 1 million, that's it?).

What is puzzling is your post infers you are a Democrat. Those people are generally liberal in views of supporting the needy, and yet instead of clamoring you will be able to donate more money to charity - your boasting about "give me more money". This sort of infers you want other people to support those in need with THEIR money, and you want to keep YOUR money.

I voted for Trump and I am looking forward to the tax cut. I will be happy to keep more of the money I earn...but I do not want others to be forced to support the needy in this country either. I see welfare, SSD, and the rest of entitlement programs as a failure to the recipients...we have 3 generations of families that have never had a job that are living in public welfare...those programs don't help people, they just hold them back in life.

You say you did not vote for Trump. If you were able to take a break from counting all YOUR money and made it to the voting polls, who did you vote for?

That's OLD news...we're up to 5 or 6 generations now. Half the black race collects welfare...the kids...the other half live off them...their "parents".

Those programs and other welfare programs keep an entire race...species...from dying out.

WHERE would the blacks be without welfare?
Old 12-21-2017, 05:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post

Did the lying bitch croak?

Old 12-22-2017, 06:28 PM
n/a

I only mentioned my income to show I know I will benefit from the tax change but oppose it anyway. Not for increased social spending, would gladly end food stamps and subsidies for farmers which congress ties together. Voted for Hillary but the election is over and what she might have done has nothing to do with the economic impact of Trump's changes. Even though there were many republican ideas I thought were wrong I greatly admired the tea party idea of not increasing the debt. Bush jr ruined this country when he went to war but didn't want to pay for it but it looks like the lesson wasn't learned. The republicans are sending us down the debt road again. Eventually you have to pay the bill. I always wished for a president with an economics background, watch what you wish for. Trump"s degree is economics from a good school. Hate to tell you this but he is going into dementia. My degree is chemistry, when I don't know what a molecule is it's a sign of dementia. He's given two interviews where he clearly doesn't know how GDP is calculated. This was fundamental to everything he studied and he doesn't remember it. He's taking the economy in the wrong direction. I am not a bleeding heart liberal but that doesn't make me a Trump true believer.

Tags
cabinet, fire, president

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.