TSA can "patdown" anywhere in airport; not just at security checkpoint.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM
n/a

Default TSA can "patdown" anywhere in airport; not just at security checkpoint.

I'm posting this thread in Political because of the members who think anything they don't like should be in Political.

In N.Y. a young woman who already cleared security was stopped in front of all the other passengers at the gate preparing to board their flight and made to stand spread-eagled while the TSA agent fondled her breasts, inner thighs and crotch while the other boarding passengers stood wide eyed.

Two other women were reported to have been targeted earlier at the same gate.

When asked for comment the TSA representative said they would check if the patdown was too invasive. So, it seems that the location did not really matter.

Did you know you were subject to this "enhanced patdown" at the gate or at any point, it seems, while in the airport?

I know there are the people who are going to go "off again" on me for posting about the TSA. Don't bother, I know your feelings about it and how you don't care anything about your personal privacy at the airport.

This is just FYI

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...c99DADfZNBjI4J
Old 03-27-2011, 03:16 PM
n/a

I have been at airports and have seen a secondary pat-down for selected passengers before boarding the plane. None have been the fondling and groping as Richie likes to refer to in his posts, though.

I am curious, Richie, you had stated your wife was flying north for your granddaughter's first birthday but you had decided not to go because you did not feel comfortable having your genitals probed by TSA. Did your wife take her trip yet and, if so, was she rudely fondled and groped in her most private areas by TSA either at Orlando or the other airports? Please be honest in your answer.

I recently went on a trip to and from Orlando to Costa Rica. Only screening at both airports were just the normal x-ray of carry-on bags and walking through the magnetic door. No body scanning or pat-downs.

Anxious to hear about your wife's experience.

The New York Post is also a paper that does a lot of sensationalism stories just to sell papers. Very much like the National Inquirer.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I have been at airports and have seen a secondary pat-down for selected passengers before boarding the plane. None have been the fondling and groping as Richie likes to refer to in his posts, though.

I am curious, Richie, you had stated your wife was flying north for your granddaughter's first birthday but you had decided not to go because you did not feel comfortable having your genitals probed by TSA. Did your wife take her trip yet and, if so, was she rudely fondled and groped in her most private areas by TSA either at Orlando or the other airports? Please be honest in your answer.

I recently went on a trip to and from Orlando to Costa Rica. Only screening at both airports were just the normal x-ray of carry-on bags and walking through the magnetic door. No body scanning or pat-downs.

Anxious to hear about your wife's experience.

The New York Post is also a paper that does a lot of sensationalism stories just to sell papers. Very much like the National Inquirer.
I only posted a story FYI. I'm not getting into defending my beliefs on this again. You do with the info what you will.

Oh, and I just want to add that I grew up in Manhattan in NYC and I walked through Central Park hundreds of times without getting mugged. I think all those people with stories of getting mugged are full of it.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
n/a

just another example of a government agency totally out of control.The bigger the bureauocracy of the agency gets the more dangerous they are to Americans. I feel no safer at airports. Taking off my shoes is demeaning and total BS. It seems to me that our country cannot get anything right. Our government agencies can't be trusted to do the right thing. It's always about the money and who can steal the most.The worst:the Pentagon,totally out of control. Latest...1,900 people spent 17 billion on roadside bomb research because they gave money to private contractors. Lots of us complain our gov't is broken but I think its the people. Most of the agencies were started to solve problems that needed solving. Somewhere along the line these agencies have cheated ,lied,and basically stolen money from us. It seems the only thing we are exceptional at is scamming,scheming,and cheating and I guess going to war. When is the last time we made something useful? We can't even make a 911 monument without payoffs.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
just another example of a government agency totally out of control.The bigger the bureauocracy of the agency gets the more dangerous they are to Americans. I feel no safer at airports. Taking off my shoes is demeaning and total BS. It seems to me that our country cannot get anything right. Our government agencies can't be trusted to do the right thing. It's always about the money and who can steal the most.The worst:the Pentagon,totally out of control. Latest...1,900 people spent 17 billion on roadside bomb research because they gave money to private contractors. Lots of us complain our gov't is broken but I think its the people. Most of the agencies were started to solve problems that needed solving. Somewhere along the line these agencies have cheated ,lied,and basically stolen money from us. It seems the only thing we are exceptional at is scamming,scheming,and cheating and I guess going to war. When is the last time we made something useful? We can't even make a 911 monument without payoffs.
Who would have thought it? I really cannot disagree with you. Government are people, and people are avaricious. That is why government must be limited to it's basic necessities. The bigger the government, the bigger the corruption.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
n/a

Richie, your post was about a woman who thought her pat-down was too personal and was conducted at the airplane gate.

I merely asked how your wife's trip up north went for your granddaughter's first birthday and if your wife had to endure an enhanced pat-down or full body screening.

Nothing meant to be against your beliefs since you have made them clear on this subject and you have every right to your viewpoints.

Yes, your analogy of not being mugged for many years in NYC does fit in. Lots of people do say NYC is so dangerous - and they are fabricating it.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
n/a

When flying back from my daughter's college graduation, we had gone through security at the Philadelphia airport. At the gate, we were all delayed by ANOTHER impromptu security line.

I *really* wanted to make a scene and ask them what the problem was - were they admitting that this new checkpoint was for 'theater' or admitting that their previous checkpoint was a farce and ineffective.

However, since I'm not fond of body cavity searches, I kept my mouth shut.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:12 AM
n/a

I know absolutely nothing about the New York Post.

However the way things are phrased in this article sort of sounds like sensational journalism.

I also noted a related article about a knife that was missed by the TSA. It too was not worded in a journalistic manner. (It's choice of words was also more sensational than descriptive.)

Could bkcunningham or PTurner or someone else who is a journalist by trade tell me a little more about this paper? Or someone who has read that paper a lot?

Just wondering.

Sometimes we can't believe everything we read in every newspaper.

I can believe our frequent flyer, Katesbox.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know absolutely nothing about the New York Post.

However the way things are phrased in this article sort of sounds like sensational journalism.

I also noted a related article about a knife that was missed by the TSA. It too was not worded in a journalistic manner. (It's choice of words was also more sensational than descriptive.)

Could bkcunningham or PTurner or someone else who is a journalist by trade tell me a little more about this paper? Or someone who has read that paper a lot?

Just wondering.

Sometimes we can't believe everything we read in every newspaper.

I can believe our frequent flyer, Katesbox.
It's easy to get a feel for a newspaper if you're a little web savvy. Just Google it and you'll get multiple people's opinions on the newspaper, and it's reporting style, it's editorial style, etc.

You either believe this woman or not. The paper reports that they contacted the TSA and gives the TSA's response. What more do you want to know? You want to know why they reported the story?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
It's easy to get a feel for a newspaper if you're a little web savvy. Just Google it and you'll get multiple people's opinions on the newspaper, and it's reporting style, it's editorial style, etc.

You either believe this woman or not. The paper reports that they contacted the TSA and gives the TSA's response. What more do you want to know? You want to know why they reported the story?
This sort of validated my feelings about the style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 PM
n/a

And, of course, we get to see more of the thinking behind the people who are charged with keeping airports safe:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41959553...s-us_business/

So, they fire the person who was fantastic at finding weapons, etc. and KEEP the supervisor who thinks that someone had put a "hex" on her car causing the heater to malfunction.

At what point do these brain-dead morons get held accountable? I fear that, SOMEday, the passengers on a plane are NOT going to succeed at doing the job that the TSA is charged with and a plane is going to come down. Then the TSA will blame everyone ELSE and demand they be allowed even MORE invasive procedures...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
n/a

When a paper is one of the papers who prints the "sensationalism" style stories, it is in the same category of National Inquirer or Star that we see at the grocery store checkout lanes.

Take everything you read in it with a grain of salt.

The woman probably was screened with a second pat-down with an electronic wand - but I seriously doubt if she was molested like the newspaper reported. How did the New York Post pick up the story when it was not reported by other papers? The woman probably called the Post directly ( looking for a lawsuit after a little inconvenience or being told she either had to comply or not fly?).

Nothing wrong with posting the article, Richie. Gave people something to think about from different angles. Keep it up.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
And, of course, we get to see more of the thinking behind the people who are charged with keeping airports safe:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41959553...s-us_business/

So, they fire the person who was fantastic at finding weapons, etc. and KEEP the supervisor who thinks that someone had put a "hex" on her car causing the heater to malfunction.

At what point do these brain-dead morons get held accountable? I fear that, SOMEday, the passengers on a plane are NOT going to succeed at doing the job that the TSA is charged with and a plane is going to come down. Then the TSA will blame everyone ELSE and demand they be allowed even MORE invasive procedures...
Good post; loved the link. I think you're absolutely correct about your predictions on how the TSA will react when they fail at this task and more invasive procedures will be demanded. It's going to happen because it's impossible for them to do this job the way they are doing it.

If things don't change, they'll come a day when they'll demand the authority to perform body cavity searches, under penalty of law. Government never gets smaller on it's own accord.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
n/a

just another example of a bureaucracy gone crazy. A total waste of resources and money. We are no safer it's all P.R. garbage.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:46 PM
n/a

Default Tsa

If you believe there are problems now wait until the TSA brings their union on board.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.