Hr 2646.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:48 AM
n/a

Default Hr 2646.

H.R.2646 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act of 2015 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I hope people will look into this and contact your Representative if you are so inclined.

Something needs to be done about preventing access to certain weapons by mentally ill men and women. It is at least something.

I know that some families might abuse the right of committing someone in their own family for very private reasons-- like leaping a step in the inheritance line by making a rival look nuts-- but this is at least a step. I do not know the details of this bill though.

Maybe a retired social worker or lawyer will give us more details???
Old 07-01-2016, 10:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
H.R.2646 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Helping Families in Mental Health Crisis Act of 2015 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I hope people will look into this and contact your Representative if you are so inclined.

Something needs to be done about preventing access to certain weapons by mentally ill men and women. It is at least something.

I know that some families might abuse the right of committing someone in their own family for very private reasons-- like leaping a step in the inheritance line by making a rival look nuts-- but this is at least a step. I do not know the details of this bill though.

This will do absolutely NOTHING except give some liberals a warm and fuzzy feeling. The family should be involved, not the government nanny.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 AM
n/a

Quote:

And WHERE does 90% of the shooting occur? By minorities in the inner cities. You want to drastically cut back on crime? You need to deal with the minorities...soon to be majorities. They are the real cause of most of the violence. There were what, almost 1000 killings in the last year?

72 murders, 361 shootings in Chicago in June, according to CPD | abc7chicago.com

THIS is what's wrong with America yet we refuse to admit it. You want to do something about shootings...do something about the minorities. What we've been doing clearly isn't working.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
THIS is what's wrong with America yet we refuse to admit it. You want to do something about shootings...do something about the minorities. What we've been doing clearly isn't working.
What's your solution?
Old 07-01-2016, 12:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
What's your solution?
Make it a federal law that blacks are not allowed to own, possess, borrow or be in the same room with a gun.

Instantaneous results?

Gun crimes and murders drop to near zero.

Black population explosion ensues!!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
What's your solution?
I am not the original poster but think we need to do aggressive criminal "profiling" and give law inforcement a very liberal stop and frisk power even if I have to give up a little personal freedom.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
What's your solution?
Humane or expedient?
Old 07-01-2016, 03:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Humane or expedient?
Humane means having or showing compassion or benevolence. Does describe you?
Old 07-02-2016, 05:19 AM
n/a

61% of killings are classified as suicides. Everything that can be done has been done to reduce the suicide rate in America, but some folks are just weak. And I do not mean that in a derogatory manner, just an observation. You also have an increase suicide rate after wars. Over 50K died by suicide after Vietnam, and there has been thousands of suicides since the fighting in the Middle East. Some of the blame for veteran suicides is related to how they are treated when they return home. Not to cast total blame but liberals didn't help any when they protested in the streets and disparaged our returning military Vets. Other reasons for suicide are financial hardships, loss of close family members, divorce, substance abuse, untreated depression, loss of employment, persistent physical pain, etc. You can assist victims of these traits, but you can't alleviate suicides altogether. A gun is just a tool for these actions. If not a gun, then a sharp object, chemicals, etc.

If you could get rid of ALL suicides and gang slayings by gun in America, the overall statistics for gun related deaths would be substantially low, compared to death by overdose, by doctor, by automobile, by falling, by drowning, etc.

There has already been a lot of effort put into mental health, so any political action at this point is all just campaign motivated fluff.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
61% of killings are classified as suicides. Everything that can be done has been done to reduce the suicide rate in America, but some folks are just weak. And I do not mean that in a derogatory manner, just an observation. You also have an increase suicide rate after wars. Over 50K died by suicide after Vietnam, and there has been thousands of suicides since the fighting in the Middle East. Some of the blame for veteran suicides is related to how they are treated when they return home. Not to cast total blame but liberals didn't help any when they protested in the streets and disparaged our returning military Vets. Other reasons for suicide are financial hardships, loss of close family members, divorce, substance abuse, untreated depression, loss of employment, persistent physical pain, etc. You can assist victims of these traits, but you can't alleviate suicides altogether. A gun is just a tool for these actions. If not a gun, then a sharp object, chemicals, etc.

If you could get rid of ALL suicides and gang slayings by gun in America, the overall statistics for gun related deaths would be substantially low, compared to death by overdose, by doctor, by automobile, by falling, by drowning, etc.

There has already been a lot of effort put into mental health, so any political action at this point is all just campaign motivated fluff.
"Research shows a gun in the home makes a suicide three times more likely. There are a few reasons why the presence of a gun in the home is a risk factor for suicide. First is the surprising impulsivity of many suicide attempts. Guns are also so much more lethal than other methods. Most people who survive a suicide attempt do not go on to die by suicide, but only one in 10 people who attempt suicide by gun get that second chance."
The Truth About Suicide & Guns | Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
Old 07-02-2016, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Research shows a gun in the home makes a suicide three times more likely. There are a few reasons why the presence of a gun in the home is a risk factor for suicide. First is the surprising impulsivity of many suicide attempts. Guns are also so much more lethal than other methods. Most people who survive a suicide attempt do not go on to die by suicide, but only one in 10 people who attempt suicide by gun get that second chance."
The Truth About Suicide & Guns | Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I was having a conversation with my gun and it told me the same thing. But, it also complained about how liberals are always blaming the guns for killing people. It asked me a very valid point. When, in history has a gun ever been convicted of committing a murder? You know, I could not answer that question.

But seriously? You think that if we get rid of guns, there won't be any more suicides? I guess by that reasoning, if we get rid of all cars, we will also get rid of all DUI's and all deaths by autos. If we get rid of all doctors, we will get rid of more deaths than are caused by guns, so lets do that. OH, and when you come back and tell me that doctors also save lives, I can say the same thing about guns.

"The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they found that anywhere from 500,000 to three million times a year, guns are being used in self-defense. "

It is my theory, not scientific mind you, but just a theory that if we get rid of ALL liberals, we will have a safer society. It would also save billions, maybe trillions of bucks from the taxpayer, on liberal maintenance. Gun maintenance is cheaper than liberal maintenance. I bet if someone did a study on it, we could submit the idea to Oblunder for E.O. action. Hey the cost of the "red pill" has to be pretty cheap.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:14 AM
n/a

Quote:

"The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they found that anywhere from 500,000 to three million times a year, guns are being used in self-defense. "
Your search - "The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they ... - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

My suggestion--give me a link
Old 07-03-2016, 04:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your search - "The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they ... - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

My suggestion--give me a link
Sounds like a personal problem to me. If you can't find something on the Internet, it's your problem. Don't make it mine.

Here are some key findings from the CDC report, “Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” released in June:

* Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker...

* Defensive uses of guns are common:
“Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

* Mass shootings and accidental firearm deaths account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths, and both are declining (2010)

* Gun buyback/turn-in programs are “ineffective” in reducing crime:

* The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides: 61%

Just a summary, since I can't very well paste all the document.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I was having a conversation with my gun and it told me the same thing. But, it also complained about how liberals are always blaming the guns for killing people. It asked me a very valid point. When, in history has a gun ever been convicted of committing a murder? You know, I could not answer that question.

But seriously? You think that if we get rid of guns, there won't be any more suicides? I guess by that reasoning, if we get rid of all cars, we will also get rid of all DUI's and all deaths by autos. If we get rid of all doctors, we will get rid of more deaths than are caused by guns, so lets do that. OH, and when you come back and tell me that doctors also save lives, I can say the same thing about guns.

It is my theory, not scientific mind you, but just a theory that if we get rid of ALL liberals, we will have a safer society. It would also save billions, maybe trillions of bucks from the taxpayer, on liberal maintenance. Gun maintenance is cheaper than liberal maintenance. I bet if someone did a study on it, we could submit the idea to Oblunder for E.O. action. Hey the cost of the "red pill" has to be pretty cheap.
Well stated.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:39 AM
n/a

I read that 50% of the military personnel who made a claim of PSTD never left the states. Isn't an all volunteer military great.

Our Mental Health System is ineffective, Too many mental health workers/doctors are ineffective because they lack the skills or funds or both and/or laws prevent them from good decisions Families are forced to sit on the sidelines. Some families just kick their kids, sisters bothers, to the streets.

I read that the % of people with mental illness is much less compared to the % of people in the population who would cause harm . Indeed when you think about the cause(s) for violence gangs, robbery ,eliminating a spouse girlfriend/boyfriend etc etc

Tags
details, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.