Hr 2646.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You want me to break the copyright law by sending you a copy? Of course, I got my PDF copy free, but still......
When I'm done reading a book I give it to my son. Am I breaking copyright law? I don't believe you read the report.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
When I'm done reading a book I give it to my son. Am I breaking copyright law? I don't believe you read the report.
YOu don't believe? Why would that matter to me? It is you that wish a copy of the report. It is you that doesn't know how to download it. Not my problem. I cut some parts of it out to post because we are not supposed to post the whole articles, documents, etc. I can't be responsible for your impotence.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
And WHERE does 90% of the shooting occur? By minorities in the inner cities. You want to drastically cut back on crime? You need to deal with the minorities...soon to be majorities. They are the real cause of most of the violence. There were what, almost 1000 killings in the last year?

72 murders, 361 shootings in Chicago in June, according to CPD | abc7chicago.com

THIS is what's wrong with America yet we refuse to admit it. You want to do something about shootings...do something about the minorities. What we've been doing clearly isn't working.
You as a repub are the minority.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I was having a conversation with my gun and it told me the same thing. But, it also complained about how liberals are always blaming the guns for killing people. It asked me a very valid point. When, in history has a gun ever been convicted of committing a murder? You know, I could not answer that question.

But seriously? You think that if we get rid of guns, there won't be any more suicides? I guess by that reasoning, if we get rid of all cars, we will also get rid of all DUI's and all deaths by autos. If we get rid of all doctors, we will get rid of more deaths than are caused by guns, so lets do that. OH, and when you come back and tell me that doctors also save lives, I can say the same thing about guns.

"The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they found that anywhere from 500,000 to three million times a year, guns are being used in self-defense. "

It is my theory, not scientific mind you, but just a theory that if we get rid of ALL liberals, we will have a safer society. It would also save billions, maybe trillions of bucks from the taxpayer, on liberal maintenance. Gun maintenance is cheaper than liberal maintenance. I bet if someone did a study on it, we could submit the idea to Oblunder for E.O. action. Hey the cost of the "red pill" has to be pretty cheap.
Motor vehicle traffic deaths

Number of deaths: 33,804
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.7

All firearm deaths

Number of deaths: 33,636
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6

FastStats - Injuries

For those of you who are going to say "then ban the car", we need a car, we do not need a gun.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
YOu don't believe? Why would that matter to me? It is you that wish a copy of the report. It is you that doesn't know how to download it. Not my problem. I cut some parts of it out to post because we are not supposed to post the whole articles, documents, etc. I can't be responsible for your impotence.
Your report quotes came from news sources, the same as mine did. I gave you the source, Washington Post, and didn't pretend I had the report.
If I could find the report for free like you are pretending to do I would download it. If you found it for free why wouldn't you just give me the link.

I always see insults calling my ilk childlike. Yet it's the name calling, whining about what's fair and unfair and having something that you won't share that seems more childlike than anything else I see here.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Motor vehicle traffic deaths

Number of deaths: 33,804
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.7

All firearm deaths

Number of deaths: 33,636
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6

FastStats - Injuries

For those of you who are going to say "then ban the car", we need a car, we do not need a gun.
Number of firearms deaths committed by whites - 636
Number of firearms deaths committed by blacks/hispanics - 33,000

Deaths per 100,000 committed by whites - 0.6
Deaths per 100,000 committed by blacks/hispanics - 10

That's about the ratio.

Exactly WHERE/WHAT is the problem?
Old 07-05-2016, 05:32 PM
n/a

Default Re: Suicides and guns

Quote:
"Research shows a gun in the home makes a suicide three times more likely. There are a few reasons why the presence of a gun in the home is a risk factor for suicide. First is the surprising impulsivity of many suicide attempts. Guns are also so much more lethal than other methods. Most people who survive a suicide attempt do not go on to die by suicide, but only one in 10 people who attempt suicide by gun get that second chance."
The Truth About Suicide & Guns | Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
I will guess you've had a suicide in your family.
All these issues are very complex and we seek simple answers. There is no shortage of ways to kill yourself.
Things like cutting your wrist is a slow death and is viewed as a cry for help. Jumping off a building, jumping in front of a train or a car, driving your car into a wall-off a bridge. They even have a name for getting a cop to kill you-suicide by cop
Old 07-05-2016, 05:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
I will guess you've had a suicide in your family.
All these issues are very complex and we seek simple answers. There is no shortage of ways to kill yourself.
Things like cutting your wrist is a slow death and is viewed as a cry for help. Jumping off a building, jumping in front of a train or a car, driving your car into a wall-off a bridge. They even have a name for getting a cop to kill you-suicide by cop
good guess
Not my immediate family but a cousin. There was no gun in the house, she hung herself.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
good guess
Not my immediate family but a cousin. There was no gun in the house, she hung herself.
We better outlaw rope, because it murdered someone.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Number of firearms deaths committed by whites - 636
Number of firearms deaths committed by blacks/hispanics - 33,000

Deaths per 100,000 committed by whites - 0.6
Deaths per 100,000 committed by blacks/hispanics - 10

That's about the ratio.

Exactly WHERE/WHAT is the problem?
America is below one hundredth in murder rating by country and all those above it have strict gun control.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
We better outlaw rope, because it murdered someone.
That's how "they" think...or don't think.

Quote:
America is below one hundredth in murder rating by country and all those above it have strict gun control.
A BETTER statistic would be to show the murder rate and the percent of the population that's nonwhite. I bet THAT ranking is close to the murder rate ranking. It's NOT the guns, it's the people who get them. Violent minorities do the majority of the killings.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sort by Rate----Look at the countries at the bottom of the list. These are western countries. We are in the middle of the list.

Show me where you got your statistics. Or is this going to be another "No" find it yourself, your lazy, I can't help it if ...blah,blah,blah
Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sort by Rate----Look at the countries at the bottom of the list. These are western countries. We are in the middle of the list.

Show me where you got your statistics. Or is this going to be another "No" find it yourself, your lazy, I can't help it if ...blah,blah,blah
So...pacific islanders are the most "peaceful" in regard to murder rates, followed by Asians, Europeans, then comes the Americas, and finally, the MOST violent, Africans.

Of course the Africans and the Hispanics here in the US make our numbers rise to 10X what they'd be without them here. Hispanics and Africans are the most violent on the planet. Look at the map on the wiki page you posted the link to. So WHY are we bringing in more and more of them? You'd think we'd try to eliminate them. Kick them out, not ENCOURAGE them!

Africans are the MOST violent people on the planet. It's WHY they're poor! Poverty doesn't cause violence but violence DOES cause poverty.

Tags
details, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.