I canceled my subscription

Old 08-18-2017, 02:12 PM
n/a

Default I canceled my subscription

to the online news that is not allowed to be named on this site.

I am tired of their anti-Trump left wing opinions posing as news. I also am not interested in see stories about car accidents.

I hope that other like-minded people will do the same.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:22 PM
n/a

Was Walter Cronkite a Conservative or a Liberal (I didn't notice), or did he just report the news???

Old 08-18-2017, 02:23 PM
n/a

I give myself a break by watching old westerns and other movies from the 1940's 50's

Just watched Singing In the Rain (circa 1952) What a great movie entertaining ,light, carefree..........
Old 08-18-2017, 02:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Was Walter Cronkite a Conservative or a Liberal (I didn't notice), or did he just report the news???

If I'm not mistaken, he was a liberal, but you never would know it by how he reported the news.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:58 PM
n/a

Reporting the news is fine regurgitating it ad infinitum is what sickens me. They analyze it, theorize it, dissect it, comment on it, repeat it, etc etc etc all the while stirring the pot to make it more sensationalized. They are so out of control.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:19 PM
n/a

The views of the help are not always the views of the management. I think what may be upsetting you are the views of some of the READERS on that site.

The silent majority here in The Villages doesn't always blare or rant,like the more vocal minority here in The Villages does at times. The quiet, thoughtful bunch shows it's power by voting.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

I am tired of their anti-Trump left wing opinions posing as news. I also am not interested in see stories about car accidents.

If it wasn't for this newspaper that you're talking about, we would never get any real true news. Especially from the happy paper.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:44 PM
n/a

Actually Im not sure that anything good can be said about Trump
Old 08-18-2017, 04:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

Walter was neither, but an honest reporter of the facts he witnessed. Had the voting electorate listened to George Romney more seriously in the 1968 elections when he said the Generals in 'Nam were spinning the truth and "brainwashing" the public, the world as we know it today might be quite different.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Miner View Post
Actually Im not sure that anything good can be said about Trump
I had a friend that told me "if you looked hard enough at a situation
you could find something positive in it"
Give it a try!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:06 PM
n/a

read this thread quick..........its gonna disappear!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

REALLLLY ..... Then you must have a life time subscription to the owners paper, otherwise known as The Daily Sun.... that is by far the most biased paper in favor of the GOP... and I cant believe that someone wouldn't think our president doesn't deserve some of the bashing he is getting.... he just cant help himself enough to stop sending out something stupid on twitter every day
Old 08-18-2017, 04:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamout View Post
REALLLLY ..... Then you must have a life time subscription to the owners paper, otherwise known as The Daily Sun.... that is by far the most biased paper in favor of the GOP... and I cant believe that someone wouldn't think our president doesn't deserve some of the bashing he is getting.... he just cant help himself enough to stop sending out something stupid on twitter every day
And you must be one of the jack offs writing in to that other paper whining about Trump, because your bitch Crooked Hillary lost...

Now, I bet The Daily Sun's positive news does not sound too bad to you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 04:41 PM
n/a

The Villages on-line news is definitely not an example of good news reporting. It fails to give so many pertinent facts to the article. Still, it does give the very basic story. I enjoy it.

As for the letters to their editor, the comments are ALWAYS made by the same little crazy group - and calling each other names.

Gee, it is so very similar to the Political Forum here.

Cancel your free subscription if you wish. No one will care either way.

All I have to say is "YEAH, Bannon is gone! Trump next!"
Old 08-18-2017, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The Villages on-line news is definitely not an example of good news reporting. It fails to give so many pertinent facts to the article. Still, it does give the very basic story. I enjoy it.

As for the letters to their editor, the comments are ALWAYS made by the same little crazy group - and calling each other names.

Gee, it is so very similar to the Political Forum here.

Cancel your free subscription if you wish. No one will care either way.

All I have to say is "YEAH, Bannon is gone! Trump next!"
It is an online media source. Do not click on it if you do not want to read it.

Tags
news, stories, interested, people, like-minded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.