I canceled my subscription

Old 08-18-2017, 06:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If it wasn't for this newspaper that you're talking about, we would never get any real true news. Especially from the happy paper.
I mostly disagree. I can't say that over the period of a year or more that I ever learned anything new from that source.

I have cancelled as well. I object to being subjected to the daily police blotter being parroted by some wanna be reporter. Most times the police blotter content overwhelms anything else on their front page.

I have written to the "management" of said publication suggesting they have a tab labeled police blotter and put all the nicky picky scruffy who cares dregs report there.

Of course if the police blotter content were eliminated or consolidated there wouldn't be much else left.

Mediocre/amateurish at best.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:38 PM
n/a

I think this thread misses what is driving the media. It is advertising dollars, # of viewers tuning in. It has nothing to do with news. Obama bashing put Fox at the head of the line for 8 years. Right now viewers are flocking to CNN and MSNBC because of their steady Trump bashing. I remember Keith Obermann flying high during Bush's last few years in office on MSNBC, he was out of a job when Obama came online. A year ago I thought Jake Tapper was a journalist but he has turned into a prostitute. As far as Cronkite we had :30 of news daily then, 24/7 now.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think this thread misses what is driving the media. It is advertising dollars, # of viewers tuning in. It has nothing to do with news. Obama bashing put Fox at the head of the line for 8 years. Right now viewers are flocking to CNN and MSNBC because of their steady Trump bashing. I remember Keith Obermann flying high during Bush's last few years in office on MSNBC, he was out of a job when Obama came online. A year ago I thought Jake Tapper was a journalist but he has turned into a prostitute. As far as Cronkite we had :30 of news daily then, 24/7 now.
This thread does not miss the point, or at least my OP doesn't. If everyone cancels their subscription it will make it very difficult for them to sell advertising.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
This thread does not miss the point, or at least my OP doesn't. If everyone cancels their subscription it will make it very difficult for them to sell advertising.
Clicks, NOT subscriptions...is what counts.

They won't miss you.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:26 PM
n/a

Talking Movies !

Quote:
I give myself a break by watching old westerns and other movies from the 1940's 50's

Just watched Singing In the Rain (circa 1952) What a great movie entertaining ,light, carefree..........
I used to watch 60% Turner Classic Movies, 35% Fox News, and 5% CNN.

It is now closer to 65% Turner Classic Movies, 25% Fox News, and 10% reruns of Last Man Standing or Frasier.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
to the online news that is not allowed to be named on this site.

I am tired of their anti-Trump left wing opinions posing as news. I also am not interested in see stories about car accidents.

I hope that other like-minded people will do the same.

What do you mean cancel your subscription. It's free, isn't it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
to the online news that is not allowed to be named on this site.

I am tired of their anti-Trump left wing opinions posing as news. I also am not interested in see stories about car accidents.

I hope that other like-minded people will do the same.
Well, I guess you think ignorance is bliss.....perhaps you should realize that without a free press, that reports their findings, and expresses their analysis of those facts, it is a giant leap toward authoritarianism. Of course, you probably would do just fine until YOUR freedoms were compromised.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Was Walter Cronkite a Conservative or a Liberal (I didn't notice), or did he just report the news???

Hardly...he reported the propaganda like all the rest have and will.

Now they ALL add their opinion, their snide remarks to drive the propaganda point home.

Quote:
Reporting the news is fine regurgitating it ad infinitum is what sickens me. They analyze it, theorize it, dissect it, comment on it, repeat it, etc etc etc all the while stirring the pot to make it more sensationalized. They are so out of control.
The media agitates...puts ideas in emotional people's heads.

Quote:
Walter was neither, but an honest reporter of the facts he witnessed. Had the voting electorate listened to George Romney more seriously in the 1968 elections when he said the Generals in 'Nam were spinning the truth and "brainwashing" the public, the world as we know it today might be quite different.
ALL of the government spins and brainwashes...it's all propaganda. Why would you expect the media to report what the military is doing? They MISinform...it's part of warfare.

Quote:
So...you advocate boycott because you don't agree with what they think? Isn't that what the liberals do? Isn't that the emotional thing to do? If YOU don't want to do business with them...fine...but don't try to convince others because you feel a certain way. Don't politicize everything.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
REALLLLY ..... Then you must have a life time subscription to the owners paper, otherwise known as The Daily Sun.... that is by far the most biased paper in favor of the GOP... and I cant believe that someone wouldn't think our president doesn't deserve some of the bashing he is getting.... he just cant help himself enough to stop sending out something stupid on twitter every day
I don't sub scribe to The Daily Sun and I think that our president is doing a fine job. I'm glad that someone is finally standing up to the bullies that call themselves reporters.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
What do you mean cancel your subscription. It's free, isn't it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but advertising prices are determined by how many subscribers that they have.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
I used to watch 60% Turner Classic Movies, 35% Fox News, and 5% CNN.

It is now closer to 65% Turner Classic Movies, 25% Fox News, and 10% reruns of Last Man Standing or Frasier.
Watching the news anywhere today, including FOX news, is like experiencing an Alice In Wonderland nightmare.

Most Americans are sensible people. What we have here are power brokers leading what the Russians term "useful idiots" to do their bidding

We have a democratic process to sort out our differences but the radicals in this nation are only motivated by hate an anger.

what we needed in this last election was another Ronald Reagan . the man had so much respect for the presidency (hence the nation) that he always wore his suit jacket when conducting business in the Oval Office. It has been said that both Ronald and Nancy Regan treated their secret service personnel with great respect. This nation does not have in either party another Ronald Reagan...but I digress

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Watching the news anywhere today, including FOX news, is like experiencing an Alice In Wonderland nightmare.

Most Americans are sensible people. What we have here are power brokers leading what the Russians term "useful idiots" to do their bidding

We have a democratic process to sort out our differences but the radicals in this nation are only motivated by hate an anger.

what we needed in this last election was another Ronald Reagan . the man had so much respect for the presidency (hence the nation) that he always wore his suit jacket when conducting business in the Oval Office. It has been said that both Ronald and Nancy Regan treated their secret service personnel with great respect. This nation does not have in either party another Ronald Reagan...but I digress

Personal Best Regards:
It's a nightmare because that is what they MAKE it. The "news" is misinformation...it's what they WANT you to believe...it's not the truth.

No...actually most Americans are naive and gullible. Tell them enough times, have someone in authority tell them...and they'll believe just about ANYTHING. Take religion for an example. Most Americans believe that crap. Most Americans believe the political BS they see on TV and read in the paper. Most Americans BELIEVE that negros are the same as us. We believe a LOT that simply isn't true.

Reagan screwed up a LOT of sh!t...
Old 08-19-2017, 08:30 AM
n/a

Lucky for you that Breitbart is whole again. Knock yourself out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 07:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually Im not sure that anything good can be said about Trump

Repeal and Replace is sure working out fine.

In six months, he has repealed and replaced 11 staffers.

When Mueller and his prosecutors drop the hammer all heck will break loose.

This is gonna be fun
Old 08-20-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

Default You apparently don't subscribe to logic or critical thinking

Quote:
I don't sub scribe to The Daily Sun and I think that our president is doing a fine job. I'm glad that someone is finally standing up to the bullies that call themselves reporters.
Perhaps, then, this is for you:[Quiz] How Strong Are Your Logical Reasoning Skills? -

Tags
news, stories, interested, people, like-minded

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.