Osama Bin Laden's Files Reveal Terror Secrets??

Old 05-06-2011, 07:23 PM
n/a

Default Osama Bin Laden's Files Reveal Terror Secrets??

Why the hell is this administration leaking info on what it found or didn't find in Bin Laden's compound.

Is it to our advantage that the enemy knows we found this or anything else for that matter. Maybe they don't know what info or material was left intact and is in our hands. Well, I guess the administration thinks it's only fair to tell them.

For cryin' out loud!!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-...ry?id=13544154

I guess Osama's second-in-command ought to start packing, because it's been revealed we have info on his possible whereabouts. What kind of frickin' amateurs are running this show!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...54-503543.html
Old 05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Why the hell is this administration leaking info on what it found or didn't find in Bin Laden's compound.

Is it to our advantage that the enemy knows we found this or anything else for that matter. Maybe they don't know what info or material was left intact and is in our hands. Well, I guess the administration thinks it's only fair to tell them.

For cryin' out loud!!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-...ry?id=13544154

I guess Osama's second-in-command ought to start packing, because it's been revealed we have info on his possible whereabouts. What kind of frickin' amateurs are running this show!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...54-503543.html
At first I was thoroughly impressed that knowing what you do, you must have been sitting with the group of frickin' amateurs who mistakenly released the information and is now collectively distraught and ready to resign having realized how their blunder compromises our intelligence advantage and transfers that advantage to al Quaeda. Why didn't you say something ?!

But then a reliable source told me that this happened while you were out of the meeting on a bathroom break. The group decided to release the information because for every single released detail, they knew, al Quaeda knew, that we knew. It was another calculated way to keep the enemy off guard and at a disadvantage in the eyes of the world. It's part of the regular war or words and innuendo.

See, sometimes when you don't have all the facts, it makes sweeping judgements and indictments seem kind of premature and foolish.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
n/a

RichieLion, I had the exact same thought, when I heard we were spouting off what we had learned. I'm sure the enemy figures we got info, but why confirm it? We seem to be very specific about what we have learned. I can't think of any good reason to be telling the world.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
RichieLion, I had the exact same thought, when I heard we were spouting off what we had learned. I'm sure the enemy figures we got info, but why confirm it? We seem to be very specific about what we have learned. I can't think of any good reason to be telling the world.
If you had just waited a few more hours before jumping to your conclusions you too would have seen the five videos of bin Laden which are now being shown everywhere; an old disheveled man watching his own speeches. These images now become the latest and most often used by the media, replacing the 'romantic warrior' photos of the younger horseman with AK-47 across his lap. Those the images that captured the attention and inspired thousands of restless mid-eastern teenagers.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
If you had just waited a few more hours before jumping to your conclusions you too would have seen the five videos of bin Laden which are now being shown everywhere; an old disheveled man watching his own speeches. These images now become the latest and most often used by the media, replacing the 'romantic warrior' photos of the younger horseman with AK-47 across his lap. Those the images that captured the attention and inspired thousands of restless mid-eastern teenagers.
Nice spin, but that's not what we're talking about. We talking about plans and strategies and instructions that were found in documents and on computers. We're talking about informations that could lead to the whereabouts of the 2nd in command. Why say anything about having or not having such data.

We not taking about his home movies. Will you defend anything this administration does?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
n/a

Sometimes you have to think like a fox. Has anyone given thought to the very good possibility that what has been said to be on the computer disks, etc is just misinformation so others may think we have more than what we do?

Also, do not think that the Army, Navy, or Federal government is going to give out complete information that will be helpful to the bad guys. Just some tantilizing little bits that we may or may not have. Trust me, there is a huge amount of information that is being held back from newspapers and the public - as it should be.

What you see is not necessarily what you have. When you play poker, you do not turn over all the cards at one time. Your government knows this, too. It does not matter if it were Bush, Clinton, Reagan, or Obama. I am not just defending this administration but all administrations.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
n/a

No, I don't defend everything the Administration does. I have defended some things for very specific reasons which I try to formulate carefully and factually. What I rarely do is cite the words of others, especially "experts" to form my opinions.

But I do get tired of reading sweeping indictments of governmental agents or agencies, especially when it is obviously done to further one's incredible bias against a particular Administration.

My original response to you said the information disclosed had no import as "secret" information any longer. it could be used instead as public evidence to the world and other terrorists that the mission had been successful. That's a good message to send.

Here's my challenge to you: make a case, if you can, to bolster your sweeping indictment. Find some specific data among that which was released and then SHOW how publication of that data is detrimental to the national interest.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Sometimes you have to think like a fox. Has anyone given thought to the very good possibility that what has been said to be on the computer disks, etc is just misinformation so others may think we have more than what we do?

Also, do not think that the Army, Navy, or Federal government is going to give out complete information that will be helpful to the bad guys. Just some tantilizing little bits that we may or may not have. Trust me, there is a huge amount of information that is being held back from newspapers and the public - as it should be.

What you see is not necessarily what you have. When you play poker, you do not turn over all the cards at one time. Your government knows this, too. It does not matter if it were Bush, Clinton, Reagan, or Obama. I am not just defending this administration but all administrations.
i don't buy it Bugs. Incompetent Biden even leaked the fact that the raid was carried out by Navy Seals when the administration was taking pains to only refer to them as "commandos". There is lots of incompetence in evidence. There are amateurs here who just can't stay in the background, and leak info to show "Hey, I know something you don't".

Why don't you write the White House Bugs. You might be spinning the foul ups better than they are.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/0...ndos-as-seals/
Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
No, I don't defend everything the Administration does. I have defended some things for very specific reasons which I try to formulate carefully and factually. What I rarely do is cite the words of others, especially "experts" to form my opinions.

But I do get tired of reading sweeping indictments of governmental agents or agencies, especially when it is obviously done to further one's incredible bias against a particular Administration.

My original response to you said the information disclosed had no import as "secret" information any longer. it could be used instead as public evidence to the world and other terrorists that the mission had been successful. That's a good message to send.

Here's my challenge to you: make a case, if you can, to bolster your sweeping indictment. Find some specific data among that which was released and then SHOW how publication of that data is detrimental to the national interest.
I glad you have intimate communications with the administration and that they're advising you on their national security strategies.

I didn't say any info was released, only that it was reported that Al Qaeda documents were found which contained sensitive info. Even that leak is amateurish, in my humble opinion.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 AM
n/a

Maybe Richie should volunteer as a national security advisor,
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 AM
n/a

Richie:

1) When using the term 'commandos' that pretty much leaves two options. The Army's "Delta Force" or Navy "SEALS". Do you really think it matters if someone know which patch these super-skilled people wore?

2) When releasing the videos, have you noticed something that only a few sources have mentioned? That is, it's video only, no audio. The two reports I read that mentioned that (out of dozens) specifically stated that it was so no 'code words' could be heard by terrorists out there.

3) It DOES help to destroy the "bin Laden as Saladin" imagery when you show him, not only as an old man wrapped in a blanket, but showing how he dressed himself up (dyeing his beard, etc) when preparing to make a public video.

And before you think I defend everything this administration does, I do NOT agree with not releasing the death picture. One reason we released Uday and Qusay's pictures was to show supporters AND opponents what happens to people on the wrong side of the fight. Supporters to give them strength in a fight that can seem endless at times and opponents to show them what's in store for them.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Richie:

1) When using the term 'commandos' that pretty much leaves two options. The Army's "Delta Force" or Navy "SEALS". Do you really think it matters if someone know which patch these super-skilled people wore?

2) When releasing the videos, have you noticed something that only a few sources have mentioned? That is, it's video only, no audio. The two reports I read that mentioned that (out of dozens) specifically stated that it was so no 'code words' could be heard by terrorists out there.

3) It DOES help to destroy the "bin Laden as Saladin" imagery when you show him, not only as an old man wrapped in a blanket, but showing how he dressed himself up (dyeing his beard, etc) when preparing to make a public video.

And before you think I defend everything this administration does, I do NOT agree with not releasing the death picture. One reason we released Uday and Qusay's pictures was to show supporters AND opponents what happens to people on the wrong side of the fight. Supporters to give them strength in a fight that can seem endless at times and opponents to show them what's in store for them.

It seems it mattered to somebody as it was kept confidential for a reason, which it seems you disagree with because of your intimate knowledge of military covert affairs, but it was then leaked by our indiscreet vice-president which is a surprise to no one.

Again, I'm not talking about the stupid home videos, I'm talking about the release of information that the "commandos" found a treasure trove of documents. We don't know what bin Laden's organization knows or doesn't know of what we found. There is no good reason to tell them that I can think of.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 AM
n/a

Richie,

You and I agree on this matter. Yes, we do have a lot of incompetents and foot-in-mouths (Biden and others). However, I worked with the Federal government for many years, and I know that even though it may seem as though all information has been released; the most classified is not released.

I thought it was funny in today's newspaper describing bin Laden as an old man looking at a small computer screen on a rickety table. I bet in his "hideout" which was a huge compound, bin Laden had a pretty good life and was probably watchiing a huge flat-screen television with satellite coverage of all world-wide channels.

Personally, I think we should demand immediate payback of our foreign aid from Pakistan for them shielding bin Laden - or impose some shock and awe upon them (back to the Stone Age).
Old 05-08-2011, 11:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,

You and I agree on this matter. Yes, we do have a lot of incompetents and foot-in-mouths (Biden and others). However, I worked with the Federal government for many years, and I know that even though it may seem as though all information has been released; the most classified is not released.

I thought it was funny in today's newspaper describing bin Laden as an old man looking at a small computer screen on a rickety table. I bet in his "hideout" which was a huge compound, bin Laden had a pretty good life and was probably watchiing a huge flat-screen television with satellite coverage of all world-wide channels.

Personally, I think we should demand immediate payback of our foreign aid from Pakistan for them shielding bin Laden - or impose some shock and awe upon them (back to the Stone Age).
We definitely need some explaining from their government on this matter. It's probably not feasible to demand much payback because we depend on their hospitality to coordinate anti-terrorist affairs in their country, and we get it despite the animosity of much of their population. Also we need their government remain as stable as possible in order to keep some control on their nuclear capabilities. It's a logistical "pickle" we're in over there.

Just one more observation on the "home videos" that everyone is talking about, but that I wasn't. I don't think much of bin Laden's "fans" over there are going to be too disheartened in seeing his living conditions, as some have indicated. I don't think too many are living as well as he did.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:30 AM
n/a

Hope I was not being too liberal in my previous post.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.