If you thought the housing crisis was bad, think again.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM
n/a

Default If you thought the housing crisis was bad, think again.

"It's worse"

"New data just out from Zillow, the real-estate information company, show house prices are falling at their fastest rate since the Lehman collapse."

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers' rally that ended last summer."

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...d=bb-budgeting

Another success for the government.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:25 PM
n/a

Default So...?

Are we blaming Obama for causing all this economic pain?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
n/a

Well, my home in The Villages has increased in value about $50,000 in 18 months since I moved here. Of course, I have a Republican to thank for that - the Morse family - the developers of The Villages who do such an amazing job of building, marketing, and keeping The Villages the best place one could retire to.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
"It's worse"

"New data just out from Zillow, the real-estate information company, show house prices are falling at their fastest rate since the Lehman collapse."

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers' rally that ended last summer."

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...d=bb-budgeting

Another success for the government.
Your life must be so fun, the optimist that you are!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
n/a

Typical liberal approach, attack the messenger personally. I didn't write the story sir, just passing it along.

Why do libs have to be so mean spirited?

Quote:
Are we blaming Obama for causing all this economic pain?
I don't know are we? I just posted a link, that's all.

Quote:
We got rid of about one-quarter of our disfunctional government in 2010. We have a chance of accomplishing an equal or greater change in 2012. NEVER VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT!
Couldn't agree more. I'm assuming you'll be voting Republican for Pres in 2012?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Typical liberal approach, attack the messenger personally. I didn't write the story sir, just passing it along.

Why do libs have to be so mean spirited?

I don't know are we? I just posted a link, that's all.

Couldn't agree more. I'm assuming you'll be voting Republican for Pres in 2012?
Absolutely I will...if the GOP comes up with a reasonable candidate. Chris Christie isn't running (so far)--I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. Same with Michael Bloomberg. Probably Mitt Romney, as well--but I don't think he'll pass muster with the religious conservatives.

If the GOP candidate is anyone else among those making noises about running, as much as I don't want to vote for an incumbent, they'll be giving me a choice of voting for Obama again or simply witholding my vote in the Presidential race. Among those that absolutely won't get my vote--in no particular order--Trump, Palin, Huckabee, Bachmann, Paul, Gingrich and Bolton. Those that I think could earn my vote would include Pawlenty and Daniels. Any of the other names? Fuggedabouit!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.