If you thought the housing crisis was bad, think again.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default If you thought the housing crisis was bad, think again.

"It's worse"

"New data just out from Zillow, the real-estate information company, show house prices are falling at their fastest rate since the Lehman collapse."

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers' rally that ended last summer."


http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...d=bb-budgeting

Another success for the government.
  #2  
Old 05-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default So...?

Are we blaming Obama for causing all this economic pain?
  #3  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, my home in The Villages has increased in value about $50,000 in 18 months since I moved here. Of course, I have a Republican to thank for that - the Morse family - the developers of The Villages who do such an amazing job of building, marketing, and keeping The Villages the best place one could retire to.
  #4  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
"It's worse"

"New data just out from Zillow, the real-estate information company, show house prices are falling at their fastest rate since the Lehman collapse."

"What a foolish boondoggle those tax breaks for home buyers have turned out to be. The government spent an estimated $22 billion between 2008 and 2010 on tax breaks to prop up the housing market. All it achieved was a brief suckers' rally that ended last summer."


http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...d=bb-budgeting

Another success for the government.
Your life must be so fun, the optimist that you are!!!
  #5  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Typical liberal approach, attack the messenger personally. I didn't write the story sir, just passing it along.

Why do libs have to be so mean spirited?

Quote:
Are we blaming Obama for causing all this economic pain?
I don't know are we? I just posted a link, that's all.

Quote:
We got rid of about one-quarter of our disfunctional government in 2010. We have a chance of accomplishing an equal or greater change in 2012. NEVER VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT!
Couldn't agree more. I'm assuming you'll be voting Republican for Pres in 2012?
  #6  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Typical liberal approach, attack the messenger personally. I didn't write the story sir, just passing it along.

Why do libs have to be so mean spirited?



I don't know are we? I just posted a link, that's all.



Couldn't agree more. I'm assuming you'll be voting Republican for Pres in 2012?
Absolutely I will...if the GOP comes up with a reasonable candidate. Chris Christie isn't running (so far)--I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. Same with Michael Bloomberg. Probably Mitt Romney, as well--but I don't think he'll pass muster with the religious conservatives.

If the GOP candidate is anyone else among those making noises about running, as much as I don't want to vote for an incumbent, they'll be giving me a choice of voting for Obama again or simply witholding my vote in the Presidential race. Among those that absolutely won't get my vote--in no particular order--Trump, Palin, Huckabee, Bachmann, Paul, Gingrich and Bolton. Those that I think could earn my vote would include Pawlenty and Daniels. Any of the other names? Fuggedabouit!
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.