Illegal Immigant Welfare Benefits

Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
This is 100% true. But it costs money to send them back home. Every year all the money that is appropriated for deportations is spent. If Congress appropriated more funds, more illegals would be deported. At the current rate it would take 20 years to deport the illegals that are already here.

Blame Congress for not providing the funds.
Getting "rid" of illegals is so simple and won't cost US taxpayers a dime. ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS against hiring illegal aliens through the existing E-Verify System. If an employer is found to have hired an illegal alien, his first fine is $25,000, second is $100,000 and third is $500,000. I guarantee no business is willing to hire an individual (that is not verifiable through E-Verify) if the fines for noncompliance are steep enough. (I just picked those numbers out of the air as an example.)

Illegal aliens will self-deport looking for work elsewhere. Adios!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:36 PM
n/a

An easy solution that is already in practice and obviously nobody objects is to copy and implement Mexico's immigration policies and enforcement.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Getting "rid" of illegals is so simple and won't cost US taxpayers a dime. ENFORCE THE CURRENT LAWS against hiring illegal aliens through the existing E-Verify System. If an employer is found to have hired an illegal alien, his first fine is $25,000, second is $100,000 and third is $500,000. I guarantee no business is willing to hire an individual (that is not verifiable through E-Verify) if the fines for noncompliance are steep enough. (I just picked those numbers out of the air as an example.)

Illegal aliens will self-deport looking for work elsewhere. Adios!
From the Center for American Progress:

"expanding it for use in every business presents a number of logistical and costly problems."

• 770,000 legally authorized Americans would lose their jobs because of errors in the system.
• Another 1.2 million to 3.5 million Americans would have to visit a Social Security Administration office to fix erroneous information to avoid losing their jobs. CAP estimates this will cost $190 in lost wages and transportation per person—a jobs tax on ordinary Americans.
• If made mandatory, E-Verify would decrease federal tax revenue by $17.3 billion over 10 years, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.
• Mandatory E-Verify would cost small businesses $2.6 billion a year, according to a recent Bloomberg Government study.
• The Department of Homeland Security estimates it would require $765 million to $838 million over four years to operate E-Verify.
• The Social Security Administration estimates it would require $281 million over five years to operate E-Verify.
• While the purpose of E-Verify is to detect unauthorized workers, E-Verify does not do its job: 54 percent of unauthorized workers for whom E-Verify checks were run were erroneously confirmed as being work-authorized.
• This means that even though businesses follow the law and use E-Verify, they could have unauthorized workers

So I guess maybe it's not so simple and cost effective.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:54 AM
n/a

Let us do the easiest and most cost effective first.

Stop hiring illegals today. Cost nothing.

Stop allowing the open border policy. No cost.

Enforce existing immigration laws. No cost.

Then budget the closing of the border. Yes, a fence that forces any and all to come through the official gates. Then budget what work force it takes to man the new barrier, effectively.

I do not understand why the border crossing enforcements are different depending on location.

There is absolutely no rational reason for allowing the hords to come in to our country as easily as we pass through state to state as USA citizens.

The problem is easy to fix. However it starts with wanting to fix it....which we obviously do not.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Let us do the easiest and most cost effective first.

Then budget the closing of the border. Yes, a fence that forces any and all to come through the official gates. Then budget what work force it takes to man the new barrier, effectively.

I do not understand why the border crossing enforcements are different depending on location.

There is absolutely no rational reason for allowing the hords to come in to our country as easily as we pass through state to state as USA citizens.

The problem is easy to fix. However it starts with wanting to fix it....which we obviously do not.

You are talking about one of Gary Morse's (may he RIP) favorite hiring sources. Who will ever forget the day that ICE pulled the bus up to TDS Cement and loaded up 50 people and took them off to an undisclosed location.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
You are talking about one of Gary Morse's (may he RIP) favorite hiring sources. Who will ever forget the day that ICE pulled the bus up to TDS Cement and loaded up 50 people and took them off to an undisclosed location.
Probably took them to the welfare office, then Obamacare, then enrolled their illegal children in school!
Old 03-05-2015, 01:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
From the Center for American Progress:

"expanding it for use in every business presents a number of logistical and costly problems."

• 770,000 legally authorized Americans would lose their jobs because of errors in the system.
• Another 1.2 million to 3.5 million Americans would have to visit a Social Security Administration office to fix erroneous information to avoid losing their jobs. CAP estimates this will cost $190 in lost wages and transportation per person—a jobs tax on ordinary Americans.
• If made mandatory, E-Verify would decrease federal tax revenue by $17.3 billion over 10 years, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.
• Mandatory E-Verify would cost small businesses $2.6 billion a year, according to a recent Bloomberg Government study.
• The Department of Homeland Security estimates it would require $765 million to $838 million over four years to operate E-Verify.
• The Social Security Administration estimates it would require $281 million over five years to operate E-Verify.
• While the purpose of E-Verify is to detect unauthorized workers, E-Verify does not do its job: 54 percent of unauthorized workers for whom E-Verify checks were run were erroneously confirmed as being work-authorized.
• This means that even though businesses follow the law and use E-Verify, they could have unauthorized workers

So I guess maybe it's not so simple and cost effective.
WOW! We all know how incompetent government is, but man that just reinforces my belief that private enterprise is the answer. I'd outsource E-Verify to a private profit-driven company and that mess would be straightened out in no time.

In essence, E-Verify is nothing more than a large database (of legal workers). Hmmm...can anyone think of a successful company that maintains a large, secure database? There are thousands!

Get government out of EVERYTHING!

Thanks for posting that information about how incompetent our government is. Unfortunate, but not at all surprising.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:44 PM
n/a

Quote:

Get government out of EVERYTHING!

Thanks for posting that information about how incompetent our government is. Unfortunate, but not at all surprising.
How competent are they at getting your welfare check (Social Security) out to you every month?

Get the government out of paying for your knee replacement, back surgeries, and heart valves and buy your own with your own money.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
How competent are they at getting your welfare check (Social Security) out to you every month?

Get the government out of paying for your knee replacement, back surgeries, and heart valves and buy your own with your own money.
I'm the poster you're referencing and I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

Social Security should be privatized - google the country of Chile and how they took their bankrupt social security private and see for yourself how it is now flourishing.

Medicare is medical welfare for seniors - never understood it. Why not create medicare for children who have their entire lives AHEAD of them?

And yes, I have worked hard, saved, and would be happy to pay for healthcare in exchange for eliminating my HUGE tax load. Let Americans keep more of THEIR hard earned money and let them make the choice to purchase or not purchase things. (I'm VERY libertarian.)
Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 PM
n/a

Quote:

Since we paid our money into Social Security and and paid our share into Medicare for many, many, many years we are only collecting what is rightly ours.

How about a chant about the growth by multi millions of food stamp recipients and other welfare programs....being paid to far too many who do not have one dime invested.

And paid for by the rest of us who worked and are working most of our entire life.

For social security and medicare the government just happens to be the bank doing a payout as required.......

The continual reference to SS and medicare as a government hand out is just another political red herring.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:34 AM
n/a

Quote:

If it were that easy to fix, it probably would have been by now. I'm not sure what you mean by the "open border policy". The Border Patrol intercepts around 300,000 illegal border crossings a year. Unfortunately, there are a little over 200,000 "successful" border crossings annually. So it looks like you would have to increase the Border Patrol's budget by 100% or more to get them all. So I guess there would be a cost.

The good news is that less than half of those 200,000 who made it here end up staying. The rest go home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.