I'm Concerned

Old 12-13-2017, 02:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
POINT OF CLARIFICATION:

If someone makes a statement that is disparaging to women in general and are thus labeled misogynist, then that is simply a statement of fact.

If someone makes a statement that is demeaning to persons of other races in general and are thus labeled racist, then that is a statement of fact.

If someone makes a statement that is denigrating to persons from other countries and regions in general and are thus labeled xenophobes, that that is a statement of fact.

If I call someone a misogynistic, racist, xenophobic a-hole, then that is judgmental.
That seems accurate. And there are some on here.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
POINT OF CLARIFICATION:

If someone makes a statement that is disparaging to women in general and are thus labeled misogynist, then that is simply a statement of fact.

If someone makes a statement that is demeaning to persons of other races in general and are thus labeled racist, then that is a statement of fact.

If someone makes a statement that is denigrating to persons from other countries and regions in general and are thus labeled xenophobes, that that is a statement of fact.

If I call someone a misogynistic, racist, xenophobic a-hole, then that is judgmental.
Glad we are "clarifying".

What if someone makes a statement that seems disparaging or racist to you, but not everyone else, is it a fact or a figment of your imagination?

Should those statements be voted on by the members of the board, or do you feel you get to decide?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 05:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That seems accurate. And there are some on here.
You certainly are speaking from personal experience on the A hole.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
This website, which used to be a tremendous source of helpful information about The Villages, seems to have become overrun by racists, misogynists, xenophobes and other judgmental contributors who are convinced that they are somehow superior to people who are not exactly like them in appearance and thought. I don't think it's a reflection of America as a whole, and I hope it's not a reflection of The Villages Community. Any thoughts, and please don't bother with the name calling because I don't give a flip about what you think of me personally or politically. Just curious if others get the same sense.

Which of the 3 is the above?

The 3 flavors of political p*ssy logic:

Disapproval: "Oh honey I'm so disappointed in you..."

Fear: "Oh honey, that scares me."

Personal destruction: "That's a bad man, he _____"

Old 12-13-2017, 05:54 PM
n/a

ThankGoodness.jpg
Old 12-14-2017, 10:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Glad we are "clarifying".

What if someone makes a statement that seems disparaging or racist to you, but not everyone else, is it a fact or a figment of your imagination?

Should those statements be voted on by the members of the board, or do you feel you get to decide?

I get to decide for me. You get to decide for you. And so on, and so on, and so on. Frankly, it's not that difficult to read a statement and know if it is disparaging, demeaning, or denigrating and to determine to which group the statement is directed. I think most of us can do it and agree. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's likely a duck.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
I get to decide for me. You get to decide for you. And so on, and so on, and so on. Frankly, it's not that difficult to read a statement and know if it is disparaging, demeaning, or denigrating and to determine to which group the statement is directed. I think most of us can do it and agree. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's likely a duck.
It is just common sense which seems quite uncommon these days.

Tags
hope, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.