I'm Going Left" Til You.............

Old 05-11-2017, 02:27 PM
n/a

Default I'm Going Left" Til You.............

Time is the best teacher of truths. Consider the following accounting. If you prefer the shorter version, a summary is provided at the end

"The Sinister History Of Going Left" By Ben Zimmer Word On the Street"

"Recall that old saw " I don't know how everything went so far left, but I am working on it to make it right" "To go left means to go wrong and plays on the double meaning of right".

Things "going left" as being wrong dates back to the Latin interpretation of the word "sinister" meaning "on the left" which was considered an unfortunate position

This superstitious belief date back to ancient Greece , when orcales reading omens would face north , a flight of birds coming from the west , "on the left" , was an inauspicious sign.

In French the "left handed word" "gauche came to be synonymous with clumsy or lacking grace

The English word "left" derives its Germanic root meaning "weak, useless"

The Scottish adverb widdershins used for "moving in a left handed or counterclockwise direction" carries on the tradition of seeing leftward motion as unlucky

In a 1821 a letter written to Washington Irving by his friend Henry Brevoort describes a party that got out of hand : "Everything went left handed and a score of absurdities were committed."

In baseball "left field" became the metaphorical location for oddness...."out in left field has come to describe odd, eccentric, unexpected or exceptionally misguided or mistaken people in all walks of life"

Recall that 1974 Mowtown hit "I'm going left, til you lead me right, lead me to what is right".....

Summary": History has been harsh as respects those things "left" Progressives would be wise to consider removing those who have gone too far left because as Henry Brevoort aptly describes "Everything went left handed and a score of absurdities were committed." which aptly summarizes the left's so called resistance to all things Trump ...resistance is actually obstructionism.

Irresponsible people such s Schumer. Pelosi, Clinton, Waters and countless others in the so called political class ( incl MSM Hollywood) are deeply infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome and their delusional leadership is marching us all down to the road to perdition

So progressive sing out to those misguided leaders of yours to the tune of Stevie Wonder's musical composition as recorded by his ex-wife Syretta Wright

Ï'm going left / til you lead me to the right/lead me to what is right
And if they won't listen to you then, Welcome to the GOP camp brothers and sisters. Welcome all.

Just my attempt to interject some light-heartedness in a very deeply polarized political climate. We all deserve better.

Personal Best Regards
Old 05-11-2017, 02:33 PM
n/a

See, I find zero humor in what is happening to our country and offerbthis from a new biography of Trump.

"Some Americans are shocked by the Donald Trump they've seen revealed in the sudden firing, for patently disingenuous reasons, of FBI Director James Comey. Those of us who've interviewed Trump — I did, for over eight hours, for a book I wrote — realize that this is exactly, down the last strand of DNA, the man we always knew.

Trump was the boy whose father contributed great sums to his private elementary school and knew that the money meant he could get away with outrageous behavior. We all knew someone like him when we were third or fourth graders. He was aggressive and mean, but he also owned all the great toys that everyone wanted to play with.

The future President's sense of superiority fueled bullying behaviors, and his family's status made those who should have disciplined him reluctant. At the Kew-Forest School in Queens, the teachers complained to his parents, but they didn't act until he was 13, and then sent him to a rich boy's version of reform school — a military academy.

In the aftermath we learn, as administration officials struggle to make sense of things, that the "white hot" President acted impulsively after stewing over the bad press he's been getting around the Russia controversy. He had the power to dismiss Comey and, apparently since the FBI director refused to pledge his loyalty to him, exercised it.

Trump has never been about doing the right thing. He has always been about doing the thing he can get away with. The guiding line has been the law, not morality. He pushed people around when he wanted their real estate because he could, not because he should.

He fired Comey without considering the impact on the country, or America's standing as a democracy.

Following it all by meeting in the Oval Office with Russia's ambassador (an alleged spymaster) and foreign minister was yet the latest demonstration of his sense that he can do anything — shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, he once said — and get away with it.

It's another "screw you" from the guy who has answered every rebuke with a power play and has never placed anyone's interest above his own. Why would he start now?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/p...icle-1.3156675
Old 05-11-2017, 02:39 PM
n/a

"Former FBI Director James Comey reportedly told associates in March that President Trump was "crazy" for suggesting former President Obama had wiretapped him.

Comey also called the president “outside the realm of normal,” according to a report from The New York Times on Wednesday.

The Times said that, in return, Trump was furious when Comey publicly refused to back his claims that he was wiretapped during the 2016 campaign before the House Intelligence Committee in March."

Comey called Trump ‘crazy’ after Obama wiretapping claims: report | TheHill
Old 05-11-2017, 02:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTHECon

Time is the best teacher of truths. Consider the following accounting. If you prefer the shorter version, a summary is provided at the end

"The Sinister History Of Going Left" By Ben Zimmer Word On the Street"

"Recall that old saw " I don't know how everything went so far left, but I am working on it to make it right" "To go left means to go wrong and plays on the double meaning of right".

Things "going left" as being wrong dates back to the Latin interpretation of the word "sinister" meaning "on the left" which was considered an unfortunate position

This superstitious belief date back to ancient Greece , when orcales reading omens would face north , a flight of birds coming from the west , "on the left" , was an inauspicious sign.

In French the "left handed word" "gauche came to be synonymous with clumsy or lacking grace

The English word "left" derives its Germanic root meaning "weak, useless"

The Scottish adverb widdershins used for "moving in a left handed or counterclockwise direction" carries on the tradition of seeing leftward motion as unlucky

In a 1821 a letter written to Washington Irving by his friend Henry Brevoort describes a party that got out of hand : "Everything went left handed and a score of absurdities were committed."

In baseball "left field" became the metaphorical location for oddness...."out in left field has come to describe odd, eccentric, unexpected or exceptionally misguided or mistaken people in all walks of life"

Recall that 1974 Mowtown hit "I'm going left, til you lead me right, lead me to what is right".....

Summary": History has been harsh as respects those things "left" Progressives would be wise to consider removing those who have gone too far left because as Henry Brevoort aptly describes "Everything went left handed and a score of absurdities were committed." which aptly summarizes the left's so called resistance to all things Trump ...resistance is actually obstructionism.

Irresponsible people such s Schumer. Pelosi, Clinton, Waters and countless others in the so called political class ( incl MSM Hollywood) are deeply infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome and their delusional leadership is marching us all down to the road to perdition

So progressive sing out to those misguided leaders of yours to the tune of Stevie Wonder's musical composition as recorded by his ex-wife Syretta Wright

Ï'm going left / til you lead me to the right/lead me to what is right
And if they won't listen to you then, Welcome to the GOP camp brothers and sisters. Welcome all.

Just my attempt to interject some light-heartedness in a very deeply polarized political climate. We all deserve better.

Personal Best Regards
While I shouldn't be surprised that you would try and pervert a book on the historical persecution of left-handed people, into some type of condemnation of the political left...I am a bit surprised that you've reached a new low.

The other hand;: An investigation into the sinister history of left-handedness: Michael Barsley: Amazon.com: Books
Quote:

The other hand;: An investigation into the sinister history of left-handedness

That you once again have plagiarized, without providing source/link, an article this time from author/blogger Ben Zimmer...is no surprise whatsoever though.

That's just simply your unoriginal, pseudo-intellectual, lying, scumbag and underhanded... modus operandi.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 05-11-2017, 03:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
While I shouldn't be surprised that you would try and pervert a book on the historical persecution of left-handed people, into some type of condemnation of the political left...I am a bit surprised that you've reached a new low.

The other hand;: An investigation into the sinister history of left-handedness: Michael Barsley: Amazon.com: Books

That you once again have plagiarized, without providing source/link, an article this time from author/blogger Ben Zimmer...is no surprise whatsoever though.

That's just simply your unoriginal, pseudo-intellectual, lying, scumbag and underhanded... modus operandi.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Who cares where he got it. It is many times better than listening to your girly, prissy bit#hing all the time. You are a broken record of "row your boat" or " 100 bottles of beer on the wall." Painfully boring and obnoxious.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Who cares where he got it. It is many times better than listening to your girly, prissy bit#hing all the time. You are a broken record of "row your boat" or " 100 bottles of beer on the wall." Painfully boring and obnoxious.
I cited the author. all poster have to do is google it.

I do not know why some posters believe they are owed an explanation . I mean they are not on my W-2.....wait I don't get W-2's any longer. Well I don't claim them as an exemption on my tax forms

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-12-2017, 03:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
I cited the author. all poster have to do is google it.

I do not know why some posters believe they are owed an explanation . I mean they are not on my W-2.....wait I don't get W-2's any longer. Well I don't claim them as an exemption on my tax forms

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-12-2017, 05:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Old 05-12-2017, 05:39 AM
n/a

Hell,I thought it was about Nascar....
Old 05-12-2017, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hell,I thought it was about Nascar....
Well the left did rule by FIAT for 8 years

And that is something when they questioned about they tried to DODGE

Forgive me i just couldn't resist

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well the left did rule by FIAT for 8 years

And that is something when they questioned about they tried to DODGE

Forgive me i just couldn't resist

Personal Best Regards:

[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-12-2017, 07:14 PM
n/a

This is MY Republican Party and MY conservative values...

"If there was one principle that used to unite conservatives, it was respect for the rule of law
. Not long ago, conservatives would have been horrified at wholesale violations of the norms and traditions of our political system, and would have been appalled by a president who showed overt contempt for the separation of powers."
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the new Republican Party with NO values

"Here is how it works: Rather than defend President Trump’s specific actions, his conservative champions change the subject to (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters and (5) whataboutism, as in “What about Obama?” “What about Clinton?”

For the anti-anti-Trump pundit, whatever the allegation against Mr. Trump, whatever his blunders or foibles, the other side is always worse."
[/B]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/o...ight.html?_r=0

This certainly must make most proud on here. YOU are in the news and typical

Tags
left, things, til

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.