Important Article On republican Hypocrisy On Deficit

Old 04-29-2011, 05:51 AM
n/a

Default Important Article On republican Hypocrisy On Deficit

It comes from Forbes magazine, as we all know a left-wing publicaion.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/19/rep...-bartlett.html
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM
n/a

Default Good Article...But Even More Maddening...

What will really make you mad is where all the people involved in cramming the prescription drug bill thru Congress in the late of night on the last day of the Congressional session a few years ago are now.

Many of the key Congressmen and staffers, as many as twenty of them, are now all employed in very high-paying jobs with PhRMA (Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers Association), the huge drug company lobbying firm. It was later reported that the bill that was eventually passed was actually written by PhRMA.

All this was revealed in a 60 Minutes exposé a couple of years ago. You still may be able to find it on the web. After I watched it steam was coming from my ears.

And it wasn't without forewarning. A long-time Congressman, a Republican from Tennessee as I recall, was quite vocal about how the cost of the prescription drug bill was being so misrepresented. He said in many articles and TV interviews, "...wait'll the public finds out what the real cost of this is." When the bill was going thru Congress, those pushing it provided estimates that the 10-year cost of the drug provisions would be $394 billion for the period 2004 to 2013. The ten-year cost has been re-estimated each year since the bill was passed in 2003. Most recent cost estimates almost triple the cost of the drug program to more than $1 trillion from 2010-21020.

Of course, President Obama is now being blamed for runaway healthcare costs as the result of ObamaCare. ObamaCare had nothing to do with the dramatic increases of government funding of prescription drug costs, of course. But I guess it just goes with the territory.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
n/a

Default I'm curious about what our

resident conservatives have to say about this hypocrisy. They're probably much more concerned with blaming Obama for all our problems.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
n/a

No, it would appear to me that the attitude is "Stop blaming Bush!"
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
n/a

Gotta have that R VS D, no matter what!

btk
Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 PM
n/a

Default Only the Libs can spin this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
resident conservatives have to say about this hypocrisy. They're probably much more concerned with blaming Obama for all our problems.
Many conservatives were screaming about this issue at the time it was run down our throats. So don't even try to say the conservative republicans will not turn on a republican if they feel it isn't right.

Unlike the libs, who can see no wrong with ANY democrat. Example? ok...If a republican had done what Charlie Rangle had done, the party would have run the person out of office. Actually, it could be even less, of what Rangle did.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 PM
n/a

Default Important Article

BlueHeronFan: After Rangel's censure they gave him a standing oviation. Now we have Maxine Waters subject of this Responsiblity Board and I bet she walks too. Heck they will probably appoint her Chair to the Ways and Means. And yet anyone who critics Obama are racist. Hmmmmmm
Old 04-29-2011, 02:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHeronFan View Post
If a republican had done what Charlie Rangle had done, the party would have run the person out of office.
This is clearly in the running for the All-Time Most Fictitious Statement
ever made in the TOTV Political Forum.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 PM
n/a

Default I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
This is clearly in the running for the All-Time Most Fictitious Statement
ever made in the TOTV Political Forum.
I could get into a lot of detail about plenty of misdeeds of Republicans, but why bother? For some here, it will always fall on deaf ears.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:51 PM
n/a

I don't deny that the RINO's running the Grand Old Party don't have much credence blasting Democrats for over spending, even though the Democrats have taken it to an advanced art form.

This is why the rise of the Tea Party which is in the process of transforming the Republican Party into the proponent of fiscally sound policy is so important. If the Tea Party is successful in it's efforts, the Democrats will have to adjust or fall into the trash bin of history.

People are craving the message the Tea Party is espousing and that is why the movement is so feared that the liberal spin machine is working overtime to ridicule the movements leaders because they have no coherent argument on the pertinent issues.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I don't deny that the RINO's running the Grand Old Party don't have much credence blasting Democrats for over spending, even though the Democrats have taken it to an advanced art form.

This is why the rise of the Tea Party which is in the process of transforming the Republican Party into the proponent of fiscally sound policy is so important. If the Tea Party is successful in it's efforts, the Democrats will have to adjust or fall into the trash bin of history.

People are craving the message the Tea Party is espousing and that is why the movement is so feared that the liberal spin machine is working overtime to ridicule the movements leaders because they have no coherent argument on the pertinent issues.
They don't have credible leaders and they don't have a developed message and that is precisely why they will not succeed. Five years from now The Tea Party (which really isn't a party just another fringe) will come up in conversation and someone will say, "Ah, the good old days." Then someone will start telling tales of the antics of Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle, etc. We'll all laugh our butts off and order another round. Hopefully we'll even have some videos to enhance the moment.

... that is unless .... Richie, are you such a man? Do you have the fire in your belly? Do you have the dream?

Xavier
Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
They don't have credible leaders and they don't have a developed message and that is precisely why they will not succeed. Five years from now The Tea Party (which really isn't a party just another fringe) will come up in conversation and someone will say, "Ah, the good old days." Then someone will start telling tales of the antics of Glenn Beck, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle, etc. We'll all laugh our butts off and order another round. Hopefully we'll even have some videos to enhance the moment.

... that is unless .... Richie, are you such a man? Do you have the fire in your belly? Do you have the dream?

Xavier
You don't get to pick Xavier, because you're still in the dark and cannot see. You deftly proved my point by attempting another "ridicule" attack and I thank you for the illustration on the dearth of meaningful liberal response.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:09 PM
n/a

Richie,

Is everything that is posted contrary to your viewpoint a "liberal ridicule" attack?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM
n/a

Default Right the Tea Party is feared

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

by liberals. After all they nominated such esteemed candidates as Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, Carl Palladino, etc. Really transformational figures. The Tea Party is home to some good people, I'm sure. It is also home to the wingnuts in our society, and those are the people that Trump, Palin and Bachman are appealing to. Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is going to transform American politics is wearing a tin foil hat.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,

Is everything that is posted contrary to your viewpoint a "liberal ridicule" attack?
...or an insult. He's big on the word "insult." Oh, oh, he likes childish, ridicule, idiot,... and ... and... attack too.

Xavier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.