Insulted

Old 02-08-2015, 05:18 PM
n/a

Correction above, wish we had an edit button, There never is not a time in history...
Old 02-08-2015, 05:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Correction above, wish we had an edit button, There never is not a time in history...

We do have an EDIT button so we can self-edit our posts!
Old 02-08-2015, 05:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry, no we don't which is silly!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
On the other forum we do, none on this forum.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
I suspect most have not actually read Obama's remarks. So here is the link to his entire speech

Remarks by the President at National Prayer Breakfast | The White House

Here are excepts which put his comments in the correct context

Read the entire speech, see how this paragraph belongs, indeed needs to be included. Put away your sound bites and take something to relieve your Obama Derangement Syndrome. Even uber conservative David Brooks today came out in support of Obama's call for religious humility.

Whatever context this was said he is legitimizing ISIS and their extremism in the name of Islam by saying it's been done before. Not appropriate at the National Prayer Breakfast and more important for the community organizer of this country.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry, no we don't which is silly!
If there was an edit button, everybody would be able to edit everybody else's posts. Because everyone is Guest.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Whatever context this was said he is legitimizing ISIS and their extremism in the name of Islam by saying it's been done before. Not appropriate at the National Prayer Breakfast and more important for the community organizer of this country.
I bet you don't think that noting Reagan's and Bush's executive orders legitimizes O'Bama's.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
I bet you don't think that noting Reagan's and Bush's executive orders legitimizes O'Bama's.
This gets tiresome. Wish people who continually say this as a defense of the current President would please do some homework and review the content and subject matter of pst President executive orders. PLEASE. Not even in the same ballpark.

This is again, and I compliment the Obama prpoganda machine for their ability, is another of the false party lines that lack context
Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your ODS is showing.

Quote:
We see ISIL, a brutal, vicious death cult that, in the name of religion, carries out unspeakable acts of barbarism
translate in your brain to legitimizing. If I write that Pol Pot was a monster but Hitler was one too, and Stalin who was America's ally, does that sound like I just legitimized Pol Pot? Or does it sound like there are monsters throughout history and we need to be vigilant for all of its forms?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
This gets tiresome. Wish people who continually say this as a defense of the current President would please do some homework and review the content and subject matter of pst President executive orders. PLEASE. Not even in the same ballpark.

This is again, and I compliment the Obama prpoganda machine for their ability, is another of the false party lines that lack context
Who is defending anybody? Just saying that actions are not legitimized by previous ones.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:43 AM
n/a

Quote:

False party line that lacks context. Like reflexively condemning a statement by the president which is not nearly as outrageous many would have us believe?
The president condemned ISIS. He noted that most other religions had done bad things, too. I'm not offended. I don't feel that he has legitimized ISIS in any way.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM
n/a

of course not EVERYONE was offended, but many good people were. that is the point.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
n/a

But had the entire speech been published rather than just a very small portion, would people have been offended? I know I took umbrage when I first heard that Obama had once again condemned Christianity because of the Crusades. However, I then sat down and found the entire speech. Once I saw all of what had been said and understood (I think) what Pres. Obama was tring to say, my umbrage turned to a sigh knowing that too many would only hear the comment about the Crusades and not try to put it into any sort of context.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
But had the entire speech been published rather than just a very small portion, would people have been offended? I know I took umbrage when I first heard that Obama had once again condemned Christianity because of the Crusades. However, I then sat down and found the entire speech. Once I saw all of what had been said and understood (I think) what Pres. Obama was tring to say, my umbrage turned to a sigh knowing that too many would only hear the comment about the Crusades and not try to put it into any sort of context.
I suggest that the fact you heard that one portion from ALL sources, including those who support him, means THAT is what resonated with everybody, and as people are trying to tell you WAS UNNECCESSARY and preachy.

Leadership, not lectures
Old 02-09-2015, 04:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
I suggest that the fact you heard that one portion from ALL sources, including those who support him, means THAT is what resonated with everybody, and as people are trying to tell you WAS UNNECCESSARY and preachy.

Leadership, not lectures

Failed leadership to do anything PREACHY at a PRAYER breakfast.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.