Insulted

Old 02-10-2015, 08:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
of course not EVERYONE was offended, but many good people were. that is the point.
OP said that all Christians should be insulted. So I thought that was the point of this thread. I guess not.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:15 AM
n/a

Gee, in today's Daily Sun on the op-ed page, the Rasmussen Reports states that 46 percent of Americans polled agree with the President's comments compared with 41 percent who did not agree.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Gee, in today's Daily Sun on the op-ed page, the Rasmussen Reports states that 46 percent of Americans polled agree with the President's comments compared with 41 percent who did not agree.
And your point is?
Old 02-10-2015, 10:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
merely proves their sample was too small or in the wrong neighborhood or _ ?_.
We all know by now that polls and surveys are designed to acheive a pre-designated outcome.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
merely proves their sample was too small or in the wrong neighborhood or _ ?_.
We all know by now that polls and surveys are designed to acheive a pre-designated outcome.
This was a Rasmussen poll, the polling team of choice for pro-GOP findings, the pollster who convinced Rove to storm off the set when Ohio was called for Obama. If any skewing is going to be done by Rasmussen it will be to the detriment of Obama. Frankly I have my own doubts about whether those polled even are conversant in this little tempest and most likely it really boiled down to do I say I agree with Obama or disagree on general issues. But a result you find doesn't agree with your opinion is not wrong because of being too small as no polling company with any reputation would not know how to do proper statistics. There are issues with how to select your sample, and that has traditionally been Rasmussen's problem. In the past (I don't know about this poll and if they have fixed their problem) they have not used anything but land lines which means their sample heavily skewed away from younger more technology dependent people or the other way, toward older people.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
n/a

Here is the exact question asked

5* In reference to ISIS’ violent acts, someone said this week that the use of religion to justify violence and killings “is not unique to one group or one religion” and cited the Crusades and slavery as examples of terrible deeds done “in the name of Christ.” Do you agree or disagree with this comparison?

And here they are in order. The order in which you ask has been shown to alter the responses to many surveys

Questions - ISIS - February 6-7, 2015 - Rasmussen Reports™

1* How closely have you followed recent news stories about the radical Islamic State Group, also known as ISIS?

2* President Obama is expected to ask Congress to authorize the use of more military force against ISIS up to and including ground forces back in Iraq. Should the United States send combat troops back to Iraq as part of an international coalition to fight ISIS?

3* Will ISIS’ burning to death of a captured Jordanian pilot this week and the subsequent outrage in several Muslim countries lead to more Muslim support for the fight against ISIS?

4* Do you agree or disagree with the president that ISIS does not represent true Islamic beliefs?

5* In reference to ISIS’ violent acts, someone said this week that the use of religion to justify violence and killings “is not unique to one group or one religion” and cited the Crusades and slavery as examples of terrible deeds done “in the name of Christ.” Do you agree or disagree with this comparison?
Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
This was a Rasmussen poll, the polling team of choice for pro-GOP findings, the pollster who convinced Rove to storm off the set when Ohio was called for Obama. If any skewing is going to be done by Rasmussen it will be to the detriment of Obama. Frankly I have my own doubts about whether those polled even are conversant in this little tempest and most likely it really boiled down to do I say I agree with Obama or disagree on general issues. But a result you find doesn't agree with your opinion is not wrong because of being too small as no polling company with any reputation would not know how to do proper statistics. There are issues with how to select your sample, and that has traditionally been Rasmussen's problem. In the past (I don't know about this poll and if they have fixed their problem) they have not used anything but land lines which means their sample heavily skewed away from younger more technology dependent people or the other way, toward older people.

Not EVERYTHING on the planet needs to be measured as to their worthiness dependent upon whether they lean left or right.

I suppose a locked in position that is maintained no matter what is easier to live with. If ANYTHING is in disagreement it must be wrong or slanted or _ ? _.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.