Interesting article about how views affect our behaviors

Old 10-31-2017, 03:26 PM
n/a

Default Interesting article about how views affect our behaviors

Poll: 71% of Americans Say Political Correctness Has Silenced Discussions Society Needs to Have, 58% Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share | Cato @ Liberty

I actually think this could be posted in the general TOTV forum. However my second thought is it will not take long for the usual partisan pundits to bombard the message and the messenger, thus being relegated to the political forum.

A pity as I think there are many folks who would be interested that do not frequent the political "arena".
Old 10-31-2017, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Poll: 71% of Americans Say Political Correctness Has Silenced Discussions Society Needs to Have, 58% Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share | Cato @ Liberty

I actually think this could be posted in the general TOTV forum. However my second thought is it will not take long for the usual partisan pundits to bombard the message and the messenger, thus being relegated to the political forum.

A pity as I think there are many folks who would be interested that do not frequent the political "arena".

You should post it on Facebook if you have such an account.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:30 PM
n/a

Quote:

Duhhhhh.... They don't call it "political correctness" for nothing.

I wish I could get paid for writing stuff this obvious --- ahhh !-- but I see it's from Cato --- a highly respected conservative think tank. I'd pitch The structure of politics them too if I had the time.

But hey -- we're dealing with FASCISM here, right? Let's not forget that.

What do expect from Fascism other than, well, Fascism, i.e. TYPE 2 repressions all around; e.g. that disgusting political correctness -- that bast*ard child of Femo-Fascism's signature law.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:40 PM
n/a

Quote:

It's because the women and minorities scream and yell when you disagree...call you names...try to disparage the messenger.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:

I agree.

P.S. I put Jack on ignore too. I wish more normal people like you would post.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
I agree.

I notice that after the original post, there were many posts I could not read since they were on the "ignore" list.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:24 PM
n/a

Ignore.... very appropriately named....works as advertised!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
I notice that after the original post, there were many posts I could not read since they were on the "ignore" list.
So...you remain...ignore-ant...you learn nothing. You may as well just hang out in the woman's forum.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
I agree.

This board is not about THINKERS, it is about ACTORS -- people who want to pose to the world, and be around other posing to the world, showing their "TRUE CONCERN" and "LOFTY IDEALS".... such crap.

Here's the essence of POLITICAL TALK, and the truth nobody can handle:

Old 11-01-2017, 04:28 AM
n/a

We all have our own version of the truth. This Board serves as a basis to share that truth, your truth, your opinion. Given the media age of 67.4 I doubt your version or my version of the truth will change anyone's views.

To further exacerbate the situation we have political correctness, manipulation of the news ( spin, lies, made up statistics) Reporting citations is a waste of time because some poster is going to claim its fake news, and perhaps with good reason.

And the end result is that we all talk past one another . Very few listen because they are always in the telling mode .

And if one wants a pictorial understanding of what I say just glance to your right and note the characterization of most of the emoji . It is sad indeed.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-01-2017, 06:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
We all have our own version of the truth. This Board serves as a basis to share that truth, your truth, your opinion. Given the media age of 67.4 I doubt your version or my version of the truth will change anyone's views.

To further exacerbate the situation we have political correctness, manipulation of the news ( spin, lies, made up statistics) Reporting citations is a waste of time because some poster is going to claim its fake news, and perhaps with good reason.

And the end result is that we all talk past one another . Very few listen because they are always in the telling mode .

And if one wants a pictorial understanding of what I say just glance to your right and note the characterization of most of the emoji . It is sad indeed.

Personal Best Regards:
Yes...the lack of truth and the lack of wanting to know the truth IS very sad.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:26 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
This is your usual pompous, schmucky, sophmoric equivocation -- "oh it's just a matter point of view.... it's all relative... " There's one of these empty-rhetoric blowhards in every crowd.

Meanwhile, the total obliviousness continues:

Old 11-01-2017, 02:36 PM
n/a

Default Rocket Ron

Quote:
This is your usual pompous, schmucky, sophmoric equivocation -- "oh it's just a matter point of view.... it's all relative... " There's one of these empty-rhetoric blowhards in every crowd.

Meanwhile, the total obliviousness continues:

You know there was a guy who worked for me. He made it obvious by attitude that he felt himself superior to me.

However for the sake of customers, employees ,etc I kept our relationship professional ,business-like and civil.

He tried once to usurp my authority and I took him to task. Actually I had grounds for summary discharge but I cut him some slack letting him know, no second chances.

The women who worked in our office gave him a nickname (rocket ron) because no matter what topic came up he could do it better faster, smarter, etc He would go to a cafe for coffee with these women at break .

They intentionally stroked his huge ego, leading him on and he would tell them stories of his great conquests. Their end game was to make a clown out of this guy and they succeeded.

They intentionally retold his stories throughout the office with giggles and laughter to a point that the guy soon realize they had made a clown of himself and he quit .

All of your writing have reminded me of Rocket Man, you and two others.

"Pride Cometh Before a Fall"

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-01-2017, 03:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
You know there was a guy who worked for me. He made it obvious by attitude that he felt himself superior to me.

However for the sake of customers, employees ,etc I kept our relationship professional ,business-like and civil.

He tried once to usurp my authority and I took him to task. Actually I had grounds for summary discharge but I cut him some slack letting him know, no second chances.

The women who worked in our office gave him a nickname (rocket ron) because no matter what topic came up he could do it better faster, smarter, etc He would go to a cafe for coffee with these women at break .

They intentionally stroked his huge ego, leading him on and he would tell them stories of his great conquests. Their end game was to make a clown out of this guy and they succeeded.

They intentionally retold his stories throughout the office with giggles and laughter to a point that the guy soon realize they had made a clown of himself and he quit .

All of your writing have reminded me of Rocket Man, you and two others.

"Pride Cometh Before a Fall"

Personal Best Regards:

Coming from someone (anyone?) other than yourself I'd take this seriously. But you're so consistently sophmoric, empty, and pompous that it just makes me realize how shallow most of the people are on this board, and that I'm the stupid one for expecting otherwise.

But I don't rule out the possibility that a Men's Political Talk would be better.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Coming from someone (anyone?) other than yourself I'd take this seriously. But you're so consistently sophmoric, empty, and pompous that it just makes me realize how shallow most of the people are on this board, and that I'm the stupid one for expecting otherwise.

Funny, that is what Rocket Ron thought also. employees followed his career for a few years and the pattern repeated itself because his ego was just too big for any corporation. If there is someone on this board whom you respect then perhaps you can PM them for an assessment.

In my company assessment from both superiors and subordinates was a continuing practice for people in management. Its painful but it helps one grow.

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
affect, article, interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.