Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM
n/a

Default Interesting, But Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Indiana Gov. Daniels not running for president

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/201...D9NCERMG2.html

Xavier
This is getting more interesting by the day. Really sad for the American democratic system that one major party is having such difficulty coming up with a candidate that could garner widespread support and make a race of the 2012 election...but interesting nonetheless.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
n/a

Mitch Daniels, although he seems a good man and a fine American, never fails to shoot himself in the foot at every available opportunity. He's fine for Indiana and I wish him well in his administration of that state, but he would have self destructed on the presidential campaign trail and it good he decided to pull back.

I hate to give a serious answer on this thread with it's stupid and gratuitous mocking title, but I've come to believe I can't expect better from you.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Mitch Daniels, although he seems a good man and a fine American, never fails to shoot himself in the foot at every available opportunity. He's fine for Indiana and I wish him well in his administration of that state, but he would have self destructed on the presidential campaign trail and it good he decided to pull back.

I hate to give a serious answer on this thread with it's stupid and gratuitous mocking title, but I've come to believe I can't expect better from you.
Would you have preferred, "Yet another one bites the dust ... and another one's gone, and another one's gone, another one bites the dust?" Come on Richie, work with me baby. We can do this together. You've hurt me so!

Xavier
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
This is getting more interesting by the day. Really sad for the American democratic system that one major party is having such difficulty coming up with a candidate that could garner widespread support and make a race of the 2012 election...but interesting nonetheless.
I don't know very much about Daniels. But I do agree it is sad when potential candidates don't run for election because they are protecting their families from the wrath of the media and the other political party's smears.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 AM
n/a

Default I Think (scary isn't it)

All candidates should worry about the media "dig'n up BONES", (financial, political or PERSONAL)....Let's face it NOBODY has a POLLY PURE background after "Vetting"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I don't know very much about Daniels. But I do agree it is sad when potential candidates don't run for election because they are protecting their families from the wrath of the media and the other political party's smears.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
You're right, of course. It's never going to change though. Mitch has a nice life and his family is safe and healthy and I believe he's made a good decision. He's a good man and he couldn't be at his best with his justified concern for his family's welfare. I had some policy issues with Daniels, but it doesn't matter now.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Would you have preferred, "Yet another one bites the dust ... and another one's gone, and another one's gone, another one bites the dust?" Come on Richie, work with me baby. We can do this together. You've hurt me so!

Xavier
I'm appreciating the sense of humor; and even if I'm not outright laughing, I am smiling wide. Good one.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
n/a

Let's face it guys history is kinder to presidents then the dailys, but it is true that the news networks have too much power and influence.

I will give you a little ditty concerning Tim Pawlenty. In 2000 or so he wanted to run for Senator. However he got a telephone call from Dick Cheney explaining to him that he was not to run for Senator because that position belonged to Norm Coleman and that he ( Pawlenty) would run for Governor. Advance ahead and Pawlenty turned out to be a good Governor for Minnesota working well with the DFLers who are as liberal as any. As for Norm Coleman he was beat out after his first term y Al Franken. Actually Franken's team was suspected and accused of voter fraud. there still finding stuffed ballot in Minnesota, Heck I found some in my golf cart.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 PM
n/a

I'm sure the libs would like all the Republican candidates to drop out. Maybe we can just award Obama his second term kind of like they did the Nobel "Peace" Prize.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.