Israeli Prime Minister's Speech to Congress

Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 PM
n/a

Lets go back in time to 1996 and an address to a joint session of Congress: “If Iran were to acquire nuclear weapons, this could presage catastrophic consequences, not only for my country, and not only for the Middle East, but for all mankind,” adding that, “the deadline for attaining this goal is getting extremely close.” Guess who was the speaker.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Lets go back in time to 1996 and an address to a joint session of Congress: “If Iran were to acquire nuclear weapons, this could presage catastrophic consequences, not only for my country, and not only for the Middle East, but for all mankind,” adding that, “the deadline for attaining this goal is getting extremely close.” Guess who was the speaker.
Is this him?

Dallas teacher gets time out for X-rated, profanity laced rant at 6th graders | Fox News
Old 03-07-2015, 08:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It looks like Netenyahu did not get the big political push he had hoped for in his speech.

It was basically political grandstanding for his people in Israel.

Sorry, Bibi, it did not work!
I don't think that was his intent. In fact, I'm sure he knew that he was taking a huge gamble. But to me, that is the sign of a true leader - someone who loves his country and its people more than himself. Not someone whose every move is for political gain. I think he felt from his heart this was something he had to do, win or lose. Take the time to research his life - I think you might be surprised at what you find regarding what type of person he is. I find it truly refreshing to see a real leader stand up for his country and people.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
I don't think that was his intent. In fact, I'm sure he knew that he was taking a huge gamble. But to me, that is the sign of a true leader - someone who loves his country and its people more than himself. Not someone whose every move is for political gain. I think he felt from his heart this was something he had to do, win or lose. Take the time to research his life - I think you might be surprised at what you find regarding what type of person he is. I find it truly refreshing to see a real leader stand up for his country and people.
Agree with you ... also too bad we can't have Bibi as our President instead of (you know who)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Agree with you ... also too bad we can't have Bibi as our President instead of (you know who)
No, but no one is stopping you from moving to Israel.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
No, but no one is stopping you from moving to Israel.
Speaking of "boom" why don't you unleash your prodigious intellect and tell us why we will never have to worry about nuclear jihad once your president allows Iran to get nukes. (This is a serious question so surprise us all with a serious answer for a change)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:

If Netanyahu's speech was not for political gain, how come he didn't wait until after his reelection to make the speech?
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 PM
n/a

I wonder if Netanyahu has ever considered signing the Non Profliferation Treaty because of his concern regarding nuclear weapons? Israel, Pakistan, India, North Korea and South Sudan -- have so far refused to sign the treaty.

Israel Should Declare Nuclear Weapons, Sign Non-Proliferation Treaty: UN
Old 03-08-2015, 05:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
These are the same people that thought Putin would make a good president last year.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
If Netanyahu's speech was not for political gain, how come he didn't wait until after his reelection to make the speech?
Do you know when the deadline is to complete the nuclear talks? When you figure that out you will have also answered your question, me thinks.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Since this IS THE political forum... is there not a single democrat voter out there willing to share why they vote democrat when that vote is to leave Israel to defend themselves in an incredibly hostile neighborhood?

For the record, I'm not Jewish or Israeli, but I do recognize that there's an unusually large percentage of that ethnicity/religion that ADVANCES human civilization. What has Islam contributed in the last 1000 years? Just curious how many Nobel prizes have been awarded to citizenry of middle east countries?

CRICKETS.......................................... .................................................. ....

Israeli citizens and companies are constantly inventing new things to further mankind and aid in cures for diseases. Islamic owned companies "not-so-much"... or actually not at all!

Given everything... everything that Obama and the Democrats have done AGAINST Israel, why do American Jews continue to vote against their homeland's very existence? I ask this in all absolute sincerity.
Because "Liberalism" is their religion and it trumps "Judaism" on every issue! In their minds it is much more noble to have a bleeding heart than stand up against evil. After all, if we show the Islamic extremists that we really are nice people, maybe they will leave us alone. Let's not offend them!

Churchill once said: "An appeaser continues to feed the alligator in hopes that it will eat him last!" No more pertinent words have been spoken on our gov'ts stand on this issue.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:59 PM
n/a

Because "Liberalism" is their religion and it trumps "Judaism" on every issue! In their minds it is much more noble to have a bleeding heart than stand up against evil. After all, if we show the Islamic extremists that we really are nice people, maybe they will leave us alone. Let's not offend them!

Churchill once said: "An appeaser continues to feed the alligator in hopes that it will eat him last!" No more pertinent words have been spoken on our gov'ts stand on this issue.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:59 PM
n/a

What a bunch of chicken-hawks. War is all fine and dandy as long as you stay away from your kin. War is serious business and yes, I know all about that first hand. If there is any possible way to avoid it, I would highly recommend that approach. Talk is cheap. Chicken-hawks are the worse kind of hypocrites.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
What a bunch of chicken-hawks. War is all fine and dandy as long as you stay away from your kin. War is serious business and yes, I know all about that first hand. If there is any possible way to avoid it, I would highly recommend that approach. Talk is cheap. Chicken-hawks are the worse kind of hypocrites.
100 percent agree. How many American Jews would send their sons and daughters to Israel to fight?
Old 03-09-2015, 08:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
100 percent agree. How many American Jews would send their sons and daughters to Israel to fight?
The Pentagoner: No illusions about Iran | Foreign Policy

"The armed forces of Iran number about half a million" according to this article, so yes American Jews and everyone else would be fighting after they were drafted. There would also have to be a "war tax" on everyone to finance this war.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.