Am I the first poster?

Old 02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
n/a

Default Am I the first poster?

I was just reading the posts that were left over from the 2012 election period. You all should do the same. Maybe you'll remember why the Political Thread was closed. Oh by the way, yes, we did elect him again.

I am so anxious to figure out which log-in name certain posters will use. Please sign them, as I have always done.

Xavier
Old 02-04-2015, 09:54 PM
n/a

It's just a shame you don't let it come up when we click on "NEW" posts.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I was just reading the posts that were left over from the 2012 election period. You all should do the same. Maybe you'll remember why the Political Thread was closed. Oh by the way, yes, we did elect him again.

I am so anxious to figure out which log-in name certain posters will use. Please sign them, as I have always done.

Xavier

You are right. I think by reading some of these old posts we can quickly see who has content and brings up real issues and who just attacks. I wish we could police ourselves and respond to a personal attack by just saying...personal attack or using the criteria for debate that many of us were taught. Just fighting on here will chase away many useful thoughts and ideas and make this quickly into a back alley.

I hope everyone reads the old posts if they are new here.

Grace
Old 02-05-2015, 10:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's just a shame you don't let it come up when we click on "NEW" posts.
That would seem to be a good option. However there were so many complaints form those who disliked politcal discussions, back when the previous political forum existed, the owners/admin at the time moved to an opt in situation and eliminated from the new posts. The premise being if you do not like political discussions it is as simple as do not enter.

That worked for the most part.

I always felt if one does not like something and still participates they are not entitled to a complaint. The solution is within their ability to solve the problem.

We shall see how it goes henceforth.

I have said many times over the years that "political" gets a bad rap mainly because of a very few that did not honor the rules of decency. It seems there are very many who interpret disagreement or differing opinions as negative.

I am glad it is back. Thanx TOTV admin for that.

I look forward to being able to tackle the issues of the day and the responses from those opting to participate. I anticipate and look forward to dialogue where an agreement to disagree is a valid outcome.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM
n/a

I am not sure why you are signing your posts. I think they wanted us to have some sort of anonymity by all of us being Guest.

There must be a reason why we all are signed as Guest.

Don't try to defeat the purpose on day 1.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:09 AM
n/a

Quote:

Xavier
I remember the political forum days and being appalled by the nasty attacks on one another. It's difficult to discuss politics with people of opposing opinions unless we do so with an open mind. I've always stuck firm to my beliefs, but I'm willing to try to understand why the other side thinks like they do. Even then I may not agree with their standpoint but understanding their thinking process will be the key if we're going to keep the political forum civil.

Tippyclubb
Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am not sure why you are signing your posts. I think they wanted us to have some sort of anonymity by all of us being Guest.

I have, forever, signed my posts. I feel that it is clear that I stand behind my words, good or bad. Anonymity has a tendency to give some individuals a certain bravado that they may not have face to face. Just sayin'.

Xavier
Old 02-05-2015, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
I have, forever, signed my posts. I feel that it is clear that I stand behind my words, good or bad. Anonymity has a tendency to give some individuals a certain bravado that they may not have face to face. Just sayin'.

Xavier

The very sad reality of this is that someone can sign their post Xavier. This happens all of the time on the Topix forum where certain thrown off the TOTV folks congregate. Just be aware. I am sure it will happen here.

In fact the fact that the worst offender may well sneak in really bothers me. I kind of wish we had to prove who we are, at least our tried and true TOTV moniker.

My husband says that only fools have a dialogue with anonymous posters.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
The very sad reality of this is that someone can sign their post Xavier. This happens all of the time on the Topix forum where certain thrown off the TOTV folks congregate. Just be aware. I am sure it will happen here.

In fact the fact that the worst offender may well sneak in really bothers me. I kind of wish we had to prove who we are, at least our tried and true TOTV moniker.

My husband says that only fools have a dialogue with anonymous posters.

We aren't able to edit our posts. It is me, Grace. Sorry forgot to sign.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
That would seem to be a good option. However there were so many complaints form those who disliked politcal discussions, back when the previous political forum existed, the owners/admin at the time moved to an opt in situation and eliminated from the new posts. The premise being if you do not like political discussions it is as simple as do not enter.

That worked for the most part.

I always felt if one does not like something and still participates they are not entitled to a complaint. The solution is within their ability to solve the problem.

We shall see how it goes henceforth.

I have said many times over the years that "political" gets a bad rap mainly because of a very few that did not honor the rules of decency. It seems there are very many who interpret disagreement or differing opinions as negative.

I am glad it is back. Thanx TOTV admin for that.

I look forward to being able to tackle the issues of the day and the responses from those opting to participate. I anticipate and look forward to dialogue where an agreement to disagree is a valid outcome.

Let me guess, Rubicon?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:44 PM
n/a

It seems there will be no opportunity to PM under the new format. But that may be by intent.

Maybe a specific/different username for this forum only....for those who opted in only. I am not sure if the additional anonymity of "guest" solves any past problems.......from this/my perspective.

This is only day one. We shall see more clearly when a controversial subject gets addressed by all.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:46 PM
n/a

Default iT'S A DOUBLE EDGE SWORD

I agree with Xavier because political post should be held to some responsibility for their post, even thou there is anonymity in general but
understand why Admin. changed posters name to GUEST, this takes the "bite" out of some posts. Hope we maintain some class when posting!

Quote:

Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 PM
n/a

Default Stop identifying yourselves in the political forum

Continued attempts to "get around" TOTV policy regarding NO personal identifiers in the Political Forum will kill this forum before it gets started.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Continued attempts to "get around" TOTV policy regarding NO personal identifiers in the Political Forum will kill this forum before it gets started.
How do I know if this was really posted by a moderator?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
How do I know if this was really posted by a moderator?
The message is the same if it was or if it wasn't!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.