Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton are both from Scranton, PA

Old 02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
n/a

Default Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton are both from Scranton, PA

What if they were the Democratic Ticket and they won.
No VP has ever held the position for more than 2 terms but there is no limit.
The population of Scranton today is 76,000. I don't know what it was when they were born.
What are the odds?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
What if they were the Democratic Ticket and they won.
No VP has ever held the position for more than 2 terms but there is no limit.
The population of Scranton today is 76,000. I don't know what it was when they were born.
What are the odds?
I thought Hillary was born in Chicago?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
I thought Hillary was born in Chicago?
You're correct she was born in Chicago and lived in Park Ridge a northwest suburb also.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM
n/a

The Rodhams had three children: Hillary (born 1947), Hugh (born 1950), and Tony (born 1954). In 1950, they moved to the more affluent Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Illinois.[2] The family still maintained ties to Scranton; all three children were christened there, and they spent summers at a cottage overlooking Lake Winola, located in Overfield Township in the nearby Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains,[2][5] that he and his father had built themselves in 1921.

from wikipedia
I golfed with a couple from Scranton yesterday. They told me she was born there or I wouldn't have known.

but wikipedia also has this
Hillary Diane Rodham[nb 1] was born on October 26, 1947, at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.[2][3] She was raised in a United Methodist family, first in Chicago and then, from the age of three, in suburban Park Ridge, Illinois.[4] Her father, Hugh Ellsworth Rodham (1911–1993), was of Welsh and English descent;[5] he managed a successful small business in the textile industry.[6] Her mother, Dorothy Emma Howell (1919–2011), was a homemaker of English, Scottish, French, and Welsh descent.[5][7] Hillary has two younger brothers, Hugh and Tony.[8]
Born Hillary Diane Rodham
October 26, 1947 (age 67)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.

Maybe she was born in Chicago but has ties to Scranton. I don't know. I should have fact checked a little harder. oh well, live and learn
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM
n/a

Wasn't it Hilary's grandparents that were from the Scranton area and had a summer cottage on one of the lakes there where she spent summer vacations?
Old 02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
n/a

I've visited Scranton several times, and enjoyed my visits. If I say anything else this post will be moved to the new political link.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I've visited Scranton several times, and enjoyed my visits. If I say anything else this post will be moved to the new political link.

I have always liked you dbussone. You are extremely wise. I enjoy your posts.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have always liked you dbussone. You are extremely wise. I enjoy your posts.

Gracie - I've learned from you.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The Rodhams had three children: Hillary (born 1947), Hugh (born 1950), and Tony (born 1954). In 1950, they moved to the more affluent Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Illinois.[2] The family still maintained ties to Scranton; all three children were christened there, and they spent summers at a cottage overlooking Lake Winola, located in Overfield Township in the nearby Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains,[2][5] that he and his father had built themselves in 1921.

from wikipedia
I golfed with a couple from Scranton yesterday. They told me she was born there or I wouldn't have known.

but wikipedia also has this
Hillary Diane Rodham[nb 1] was born on October 26, 1947, at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois.[2][3] She was raised in a United Methodist family, first in Chicago and then, from the age of three, in suburban Park Ridge, Illinois.[4] Her father, Hugh Ellsworth Rodham (1911–1993), was of Welsh and English descent;[5] he managed a successful small business in the textile industry.[6] Her mother, Dorothy Emma Howell (1919–2011), was a homemaker of English, Scottish, French, and Welsh descent.[5][7] Hillary has two younger brothers, Hugh and Tony.[8]
Born Hillary Diane Rodham
October 26, 1947 (age 67)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.

Maybe she was born in Chicago but has ties to Scranton. I don't know. I should have fact checked a little harder. oh well, live and learn
Sometimes you cannot believe everything you are told on the golf course.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
n/a

Well every city has it's own baggage to deal with and some, like Scranton, mighty heavier than others.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:27 PM
n/a

My wife's girlhood friend in earlier years was Biden's first wife. It was alleged that Biden was known for plagiarizing while attending Syracuse U. It would seem that both Clinton and Biden now have an opportunity to add being born in Scranton PA to their bona fides when they officially begin campaigning for the Democratic nomination

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.