September 11 Reminder

Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
n/a

Default September 11 Reminder

Didn't notice any significant increase in number of American Flags on display today.

In case we need a reminder..............

http://www.terrorismawareness.org/know-about-jihad/
Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
n/a

Default Re: September 11 Reminder

Well maybe we shouldn't be so hasty about an Iraq pull-out after all
Old 09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
n/a

Hancle...thanks. The sad thing is....that some need to be reminded. There are few of my generation and that of my father's, that need a reminder of the significance of December 7.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM
n/a

It has been my experience lately, last 10-20 years, that those that have a flag outside are the ones that served in the military. At one point, I thought it was an age thing with the younger generation not flying the flag anymore, but it goes beyond that. We have neighbors in our age group that don't either. I was brought up to fly Old Glory on Memorial Day, The 4th, and Labor Day and any other special occasion like 9-11. The only houses in our neighborhood flying the flag 9-11 were the ex military ones.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Hancle...thanks. The sad thing is....that some need to be reminded. There are few of my generation and that of my father's, that need a reminder of the significance of December 7.
Like V-J day a lot more than December 7. 12-7 did live on in infamy.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
n/a

Never forget,and never forgive.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
n/a

This is Scary:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS...ml#cnnSTCVideo
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 PM
n/a

I have been on Staten Island, N.Y. for the past week..There is a memorial on one street called the Circle of Angels..

There are the pictures of all the people from 9-11 that were never found that lived on S.I and died on 9-11..I have never seen a memorial so touching..There are candles burning, flowers, small statues of Saints, Crosses and all the cards the families placed on their graves..

On 9-11, men and women from every fire company and Police Dept. on S.I., were at this site paying tribute to all the souls that perished in the towers..

I took some pictures of the memorial and will post them shortly...

:'(
Old 09-14-2007, 10:02 AM
n/a

Newt is right. Our country and the free world are in a heap of trouble and the current crop of so called political leaders have blinders on. All they have in their brains is the question of how do I defeat the opposition party. If they don't wake up and if the citizens don't wake up, God help us.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 AM
n/a

When I left the house this morning and drove down Thistledown (Village of Belvedere), someone on the street had placed hundreds of flags along the street in front of each and every house on both sides of the road. It brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful tribute, I was so moved. A thank you to the people who took the time to do this.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:24 AM
n/a

I saw the flags this evening..It was so moving..
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM
n/a

It;s a Great day to be in the USA
:dontknow:
Can anyone post a picture of todays service maybe they hare a good camcord?

so all can see the great things that gos on in the Villages OK

Sgt Mac
Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
n/a

Went through some streets in Lynnhaven and every house has a flag on some of them. Grant Way comes to mind. :bigthumbsup:
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
n/a

;D
Old 01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
n/a

chrislowe, you talk too much.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.