Just what is the "bump Stock" modification that makes a semi automatic.....

Old 10-04-2017, 05:54 PM
n/a

Default Just what is the "bump Stock" modification that makes a semi automatic.....

fire more like a full automatic weapon?

Note the following video that demonstrates how easy it is to convert a weapon with this modification:

How to Make Your Gun Shoot Like It’s Fully Automatic—in One Easy Step – Mother Jones

The accompanying write up describes the legality of the modification

Including statements that the ATF wants to make the modification illegal.

They "want" to make it illegal?
Why does the logic that bans full automatics apply to this modification?

It seems our congress should have taken action on this modification months/years (?) ago. But why have they not done so?

Now that the modification has had so much notoriety in the past few days, there will no doubt be more people who will pursue the modification.

Instead of the usual partisan pi$$ing contests that ensue in our congress why would this not be an easy coming together of all parties to ban the modification? Why would it not also include gun manufacturers making their product not modifiable?

Being a gun enthusiast my entire life, including shooting competitively, I have never come across any sport that necessitates such rapid fire.

I am interested in others thoughts about this very specific subject and not the usual partisan rhetoric and BS!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 PM
n/a

Basically, it only resets the trigger faster, so that it can be depressed again. That makes firing another round faster. ANY semi-automatic weapon can be made to seem like a machine gun by utilizing this process. A "redneck" version is simply using a large rubber band. It works exactly the same. All it does is deplete your ammo faster and is not accurate. Of course, if you are firing at a herd of cows or deer, it might get more of them before they run off. I never found it to be practical. Just like most military folks will not use their weapons selector on full automatic unless they are being overrun by overwhelming numbers.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:09 AM
n/a

Smile Too Cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
fire more like a full automatic weapon?

Note the following video that demonstrates how easy it is to convert a weapon with this modification:

How to Make Your Gun Shoot Like It’s Fully Automatic—in One Easy Step – Mother Jones

The accompanying write up describes the legality of the modification

Including statements that the ATF wants to make the modification illegal.

They "want" to make it illegal?
Why does the logic that bans full automatics apply to this modification?

It seems our congress should have taken action on this modification months/years (?) ago. But why have they not done so?

Now that the modification has had so much notoriety in the past few days, there will no doubt be more people who will pursue the modification.

Instead of the usual partisan pi$$ing contests that ensue in our congress why would this not be an easy coming together of all parties to ban the modification? Why would it not also include gun manufacturers making their product not modifiable?

Being a gun enthusiast my entire life, including shooting competitively, I have never come across any sport that necessitates such rapid fire.

I am interested in others thoughts about this very specific subject and not the usual partisan rhetoric and BS!
The Bump Stock is not the only way to make an autoloading rifle to fire very fast. There is also a "trigger crank." You can find it on youtube.com .

There are also other more unconventional ways.

I've always been too cheap to waste my ammunition on full automatic fire.

Carl in Tampa

Old 10-05-2017, 06:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
The Bump Stock is not the only way to make an autoloading rifle to fire very fast. There is also a "trigger crank." You can find it on youtube.com .

There are also other more unconventional ways.

I've always been too cheap to waste my ammunition of full automatic fire.

Carl in Tampa

I agree.

I have numerous firearms (hunting and self defense guns, no combat crap) and I have a lot of ammo (reload a lot of my rifle ammo). I shoot often (once a week or more), but have zero interest in fully auto fire...waste of ammo.

Weird how the media felt that the bump stock modification needed to be reported, I assume they want to inspire some other nut job...this kind of stuff is good for ratings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 11:37 AM
n/a

Other than fun, a fully automatic weapon is not practical. It is a waste of ammo, which is very expensive and greatly reduces your ability to remain on target, which infringes on accuracy. It is fun to fire though. It's literally money down the drain in one minute of firing.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Other than fun, a fully automatic weapon is not practical. It is a waste of ammo, which is very expensive and greatly reduces your ability to remain on target, which infringes on accuracy. It is fun to fire though. It's literally money down the drain in one minute of firing.
But perfect for spraying a crowd of 20,000 all crammed together.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe that's the reason no one hears much about this process, until now.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
But perfect for spraying a crowd of 20,000 all crammed together.
I understand he also had bomb making materials. I suppose that if he would have used that method, we would be speaking of outlawing fertilizer. How many even knew what a bump stock was before now? I didn't. Is it necessary to rush to outlaw something just for the purpose of looking like we are doing something proactive? Although, by the sound of it I doubt I would have much use for that "bump stock" equipment. Of course, I do not know anything about it either.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
I understand he also had bomb making materials. I suppose that if he would have used that method, we would be speaking of outlawing fertilizer. How many even knew what a bump stock was before now? I didn't. Is it necessary to rush to outlaw something just for the purpose of looking like we are doing something proactive? Although, by the sound of it I doubt I would have much use for that "bump stock" equipment. Of course, I do not know anything about it either.
Governments don't want an armed citizenry...they'd rather have defenseless slaves.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:53 PM
n/a

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7tL2y3-ffQxaMS
Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Governments don't want an armed citizenry...they'd rather have defenseless slaves.
Could that be why they are legalizing drugs? Gov. control?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:42 PM
n/a

I suspect they will make bump stocks illegal and claim a great bipartisan victory and example of working together. There are thousands sold already. Americans are not very bright so that will sell.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Could that be why they are legalizing drugs? Gov. control?
Part of "bread and circus"? Keep us "comfortably numb"? Literal "opium of the masses"? So people don't notice/care about the changes taking place?

Tags
make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.