Kardashian School of Journalism

Old 11-25-2017, 05:03 AM
n/a

Default Kardashian School of Journalism

We are all aware of the continuing drop in the quality of America's educational systems. so it is not a surprise that this reduction in quality includes journalism. But necessity is the mother of invention. with the advent of 24/7 news came the need for many more "so called journalist"

However the downside of all of this is that the definition of worthy news turns out to be "non-events" Journalists publishes these non events as news events, headlines, etc. With 24/7 news to fill ingenuity is required in stringing out the story to fill airtime.

As an example. some celebrity tweets. The news people immediately label it as inappropriate or an epiphany depending on their view of the celebrity.

The story would die there but for the follow up such as Why didn't the celebrity apologize?

He did apologize but was it quick enough?

he shouldn't have apologized?

What does x have to say about the celebrity's tweet?

And was celerity y offended ?

And did director z condemn then tweet?

Its the same with all of the sexual harassment charges. We have billions of people in the world engaged in sex and dominating the news are allegations of......

What happened to issues of substance taxes, foreign policy, economy

It would seem too many of these so called journalist graduated from the Kardashian School of Journalism

We all ought to be appalled because this once great nation is descending quickly into mediocrity and of its own choosing

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-25-2017, 07:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
We are all aware of the continuing drop in the quality of America's educational systems. so it is not a surprise that this reduction in quality includes journalism. But necessity is the mother of invention. with the advent of 24/7 news came the need for many more "so called journalist"

However the downside of all of this is that the definition of worthy news turns out to be "non-events" Journalists publishes these non events as news events, headlines, etc. With 24/7 news to fill ingenuity is required in stringing out the story to fill airtime.

As an example. some celebrity tweets. The news people immediately label it as inappropriate or an epiphany depending on their view of the celebrity.

The story would die there but for the follow up such as Why didn't the celebrity apologize?

Its the same with all of the sexual harassment charges. We have billions of people in the world engaged in sex and dominating the news are allegations of......

It would seem too many of these so called journalist graduated from the Kardashian School of Journalism

We all ought to be appalled because this once great nation is descending quickly into mediocrity and of its own choosing

Personal Best Regards:
You reveal in one post the kind of media that you spend your time reading or watching and what is important to you.

In the age of Trump, journalism is vital, as it always has been and always will for our democracy.

There will always be people like you who are fascinated with the Kardashian stories but anyone interested in our democracy recognizes the importance of staying abreast of news, AND importantly in today's age the investigative journalism.

Without investigative journalism, Mike Flynn would still be the chief adviser to the White House, even though he cannot even pass a normal screening for a clearance and appears to be a traitor to his country.

Democracy needs journalism and we have good ones.

You and the Russian point of view about ridiculing reporting you do not care for because it is anti your point of view, and it protects our democracy.

The media does a great job, and I say that even though it is a crucial part of this administration and its followers, such as you, to demean the free press, ridicule it and try to shut down truth so the only message is the one you wish to get out there.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
You reveal in one post the kind of media that you spend your time reading or watching and what is important to you.

In the age of Trump, journalism is vital, as it always has been and always will for our democracy.

There will always be people like you who are fascinated with the Kardashian stories but anyone interested in our democracy recognizes the importance of staying abreast of news, AND importantly in today's age the investigative journalism.

Without investigative journalism, Mike Flynn would still be the chief adviser to the White House, even though he cannot even pass a normal screening for a clearance and appears to be a traitor to his country.

You and the Russian point of view about ridiculing reporting you do not care for because it is anti your point of view, and it protects our democracy.

The media does a great job, and I say that even though it is a crucial part of this administration and its followers, such as you, to demean the free press, ridicule it and try to shut down truth so the only message is the one you wish to get out there.
Our media does do a great job. Some reporters are much better than other though and they do make mistakes. Dan Rather frequently posts on my Facebook page as I follow him. He did make some egregious journalistic mistakes but in 2017 is digging into many issues.

Once in a while Fox News will even show that they have objective diggers for the facts. Megyn Kelly - Wikipedia I like how Megyn Kelly grilled Donald John Trump in some of the debates.

That is what a free press is supposed to do. Keep bringing the facts to light even if the President of the United States does not like them.

With all the birther movement crap over years laid by TRUMP, it is hard to see TRUMP as any kind of conduit to common sense and the facts.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:36 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
The DROP in quality...is the drop in quality of the STUDENTS. Students used to be 90% white...now they're 49% white...you lost 40% of the "good" students and they've been replaced by minorities that AREN'T good students. It's simple math. Simple substitution. What do you think brings down ALL our statistics? When your country fills with 3rd world idiots...it drops in quality.

It's NIT news...it's entertainment...it's circus...it's propaganda. The "Kardashian" part is for the women...they love that "People Magazine" sh!t.

ou want get the TRUTH even with your "issues"...they lie to us...as they steal from the treasury...more than $20 trillion so far.

FINALLY you see it! We've fallen from #1 to #25...and it's BECAUSE we've gone from a nation of productive WHITE PEOPLE...90% white...to a nation of half minorities of which about HALF are on WELFARE! We've LET them "breed out the greatness" of America.

Quote:

It reveals the mainstream media...that's why I don't watch "the news"...I don't wants ANY television. If you want to waste hours on literally nothing but mindlessness...go for it. But that's ALL you're doing...even if you watch just "news" programming. You are being fed propaganda.

WHERE is the INVESTIGATIVE journalism looking into...telling us about...the REAL problems facing America? The changing demographic. The FACT that Hispanics have the most kids and have been for the last 7 years...where are those stories? The REASON education s falling is because the QUALITY of the students are falling? You can't expect "cavemen" who are literally a different species, 50,000 years of selective breeding, behind "us" to compete on a level playing field. WHY do you think blacks are the BOTTOM in EVERY culture and in EVERY country? Because they're cavemen thrown into a modern civilization and they are unprepared genetically and intellectually to thrive. Where is the journalism explaining how we're being bred out of our own country?

The media DOES do a GREAT job...disseminating propaganda!
Old 11-25-2017, 07:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
Our media does do a great job. Some reporters are much better than other though and they do make mistakes. Dan Rather frequently posts on my Facebook page as I follow him. He did make some egregious journalistic mistakes but in 2017 is digging into many issues.

Once in a while Fox News will even show that they have objective diggers for the facts. Megyn Kelly - Wikipedia I like how Megyn Kelly grilled Donald John Trump in some of the debates.

That is what a free press is supposed to do. Keep bringing the facts to light even if the President of the United States does not like them.

With all the birther movement crap over years laid by TRUMP and is hard to see TRUMP as any kind of conduit to common sense and the facts.
Obama never did produce his "wet ink" signed at the time birth certificate...ALL we got was a form from the state done later and "certified" by a "Health Director". Who mysteriously died later of a plane crash.

Health director who approved Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash - NBC News

Official who OK'd Obama birth papers dies in crash
Old 11-25-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

I would say that the Trumps are similar to the Kardashians. They each created their own version of reality.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:55 AM
n/a

Those who demean the media are the fruits of Trumps labor.

NEVER, NOT ONCE, DESPITE many requests, has anyone ever shown one example of media lying with news, except for calling every lie told on tape in the Presidents own voice, fake news.

When you have a WH based on deceit, the media is vital. When you have a WH based on deception, the media is vital.

Calling out the media with no facts is simply a symptom of some syndrome that Rubicon can work on.

The OP is manifesting a NON DEMOCRATIC, almost verbatim from Putin's mouth, point of view.

President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List - The New York Times

Last tine we had this demeaning of free press was prior to WW2.

If Kardashian type news is offensive, try stepping up and changing your source.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:58 AM
n/a

"Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!"

Trump tweet from this morning.

His ego knows no bounds
Old 11-25-2017, 08:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
"Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!"

Trump tweet from this morning.

His ego knows no bounds
Being Person of the Year only means that person had the most effect of the world that year. Hitler and Stalin were these I believe at least once if not more.

This might just be a joke from Trump. He does that once in a while but it is hard to tell as some many of his comments belong being said by Alec Baldwin on SNL and not by an actual US President.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:02 AM
n/a

"The magazine issued a statement disputing the President's account.
"The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6," a spokeswoman told CNN."

Damn jiurnalists, posting the truth

Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year - CNNPolitics
Old 11-25-2017, 08:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
"The magazine issued a statement disputing the President's account.
"The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6," a spokeswoman told CNN."

Damn jiurnalists, posting the truth

Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year - CNNPolitics
I hope they pick someone else though. I would say Mueller has had far more of an impact than that Trump. Mueller might be the one who’s ‘draining the swamp’ - The Washington Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:51 PM
n/a

Who in the world does what our President did with this "Man of the Year thing ?

What kind of man, let alone a President, makes such a statement ?

To me, this is scary stuff !!!
Old 11-25-2017, 02:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

You have got to broaden your repertoire. And you have to improve your reading comprehension because your response tells me you totally misunderstood the point of my thread. and again you raise the ugly head of Trump Derangement Syndrome .

As a sample my reference to the Kardashian was to underscore the tabloid type reporting by the media. However you thought it meant I was fascinated by them

Hint: the thread wasn't about the importance of journalism. The thread was about the deterioration of journalistic reporting.

I am not going to school you any longer.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-25-2017, 03:02 PM
n/a

Quote:

With all the birther movement crap over years laid by TRUMP, it is hard to see TRUMP as any kind of conduit to common sense and the facts.
I'll r respond by reminding you that Dan Rather left news in disgrace. Please my thread isn't about Trump. its about the quality of news reporting, a quality that has tanked baldy. you are doing what journalist do. Instead of talking substance you trash talk about Trump

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-25-2017, 03:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
The DROP in quality...is the drop in quality of the STUDENTS. Students used to be 90% white...now they're 49% white...you lost 40% of the "good" students and they've been replaced by minorities that AREN'T good students. It's simple math. Simple substitution. What do you think brings down ALL our statistics? When your country fills with 3rd world idiots...it drops in quality.

It's NIT news...it's entertainment...it's circus...it's propaganda. The "Kardashian" part is for the women...they love that "People Magazine" sh!t.

ou want get the TRUTH even with your "issues"...they lie to us...as they steal from the treasury...more than $20 trillion so far.

FINALLY you see it! We've fallen from #1 to #25...and it's BECAUSE we've gone from a nation of productive WHITE PEOPLE...90% white...to a nation of half minorities of which about HALF are on WELFARE! We've LET them "breed out the greatness" of America.

It reveals the mainstream media...that's why I don't watch "the news"...I don't wants ANY television. If you want to waste hours on literally nothing but mindlessness...go for it. But that's ALL you're doing...even if you watch just "news" programming. You are being fed propaganda.

WHERE is the INVESTIGATIVE journalism looking into...telling us about...the REAL problems facing America? The changing demographic. The FACT that Hispanics have the most kids and have been for the last 7 years...where are those stories? The REASON education s falling is because the QUALITY of the students are falling? You can't expect "cavemen" who are literally a different species, 50,000 years of selective breeding, behind "us" to compete on a level playing field. WHY do you think blacks are the BOTTOM in EVERY culture and in EVERY country? Because they're cavemen thrown into a modern civilization and they are unprepared genetically and intellectually to thrive. Where is the journalism explaining how we're being bred out of our own country?

The media DOES do a GREAT job...disseminating propaganda!
Because I was recruiting some from Syracuse U I learned that around 30% of student who decided on journalism as their major had to first take remedial English

Personal best Regards:

Tags
events, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.