Russia.....Syria

Old 09-15-2015, 05:52 AM
n/a

Default Russia.....Syria

It is now too late to draw another red line it appears....

"Russia's recent movements near Syria's city of Latakia suggest that Moscow plans to establish a "forward air operating base" there, the US has said.
Pentagon spokesman Jeff Davis said there had been a steady flow of people and equipment in the coastal area.
Russia says military equipment is being sent to Syria to help the government combat the so-called Islamic State.
Moscow has been a key ally of President Assad during Syria's bloody civil war, which began in 2011."

Russia 'plans forward air operating base' in Syria - US - BBC News

You can ignore things just so much. While we watch the world, it continues but without us.

As I heard an analyst say.....Russia is now running our foreign policy. Think Iran, Syria, Ukraine

That dumbie Romney who said in one of the debates that Russia was the greatest threat and then was mocked on networks and on this forum with great glee.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 AM
n/a

The world knows rhetoric and standing still does not do it for their country.
They also know that no matter what they do that is wrong they no longer have any fear of retrobution or action from the USA...except words.
They also know they have a little over a year to get what they want done.

Obama has reduced the USA from the world's number one super power to now LESS than that of the proverbial paper tiger.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:41 AM
n/a

It is interesting to note that Russia was flying to Syria over Bulgeria.

The U.S. put the pressure on Bolgeria to not allow the flights.

No problem.....Russia simply changed the flight plan and flies to Syria over...

IRAN and IRAQ
Old 09-15-2015, 11:21 AM
n/a

The USA has not been a threat to anybody doing anything anywhere in the world.

Once upon a time the "bad guys" around the world had to calculate what the USA would do if they were going to do something some where in the world.

Today the bad guys do what ever they want any where they want as the know there will be no reaction from the USA. Maybe a few words like I dare you to cross this line....no this line....ok this one......never mind!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The world knows rhetoric and standing still does not do it for their country.
They also know that no matter what they do that is wrong they no longer have any fear of retrobution or action from the USA...except words.
They also know they have a little over a year to get what they want done.

Obama has reduced the USA from the world's number one super power to now LESS than that of the proverbial paper tiger.
Yes, Obama is succeeding in his deep seated desire to humble the evil, racist, rotten yadda yadda United States. This idiot is completing screwing things up in ways that could not have been foreseen, except he's proving one of the key lessons of history ... weakness is provocative.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:22 PM
n/a

Our only hope is for Trump to get elected. We need a MAD MAN in the White House to put the fear of God into the rest of the world again. Reagan did it just by getting elected. Poor Jimmy, the peanut Carter had Iran and the rest of the world walking all over him.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM
n/a

Obama says he is leading from behind. I think he is a bit confused. That's what most consider to be "following." Of course, if he is referring to driving from behind, he may be thinking of his flip-flop on his stance on gay marriage.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Obama says he is leading from behind. I think he is a bit confused. That's what most consider to be "following." Of course, if he is referring to driving from behind, he may be thinking of his flip-flop on his stance on gay marriage.
This raises an interesting question ... can Obama even find his own behind by using both his hands?
Old 09-15-2015, 06:14 PM
n/a

No...he is not able to find his own a$$ with a map!!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:37 PM
n/a

I have a reputation on this forum for bashing President Obama and have had that for years. It is a totally undeserved reputation because I criticize his polices a lot, but you will never find me joining in on these posts with simple little cracks about him. I didnt like the cheap shots on President Bush and I actually dont like them on here.

I say all of that because I am sincerely concerned about the direction in the middle east and how our country is reacting.

This post will criticize both Republicans and Democrats and the President.

I have made clear that I believe the Iran deal is a disaster. Not because President Obama made the deal, but because it flies in the face of EVERYTHING he said in the past, and I believe in my heart that he and Valerie Jarret, etc. are lying by omission at the minimum on the secret deals with the IAEA. The leaked deal from the AP was met with such high minded comments, including calling them a forgery, but now it is admitted it was real. Iran WILL in fact do their own testing at Parchin and I think that alone should allow for the american public to be so very upset. What might be in those other side deals ?

And remember the only reason we know ANYTHING about these side deals is that they were accidentely found out on a visit from two Republican congressman, and they were told (Senator Tom Cotton (R., Ark.) and Representative Mike Pompeo (R., Kans.) and these two men were told they could not share it with anyone in the US government.

Funny thing...ONE WEEK LATER, the WH is advising congress about these deals and telling them they do not know what is in them but cannnot share anything else. ONE WEEK AFTER the deals were found by accident. OR WE KNOW NOTHING.

BUT NOW, the Republican Party is fighting this deal but doing so in a very polite manner. Again, they have been out politicked by the President, something I will tell everyone that he is very very good at. Why they are not attacking him is beyond me.

In this weekends Wall St Journal, there is an editorial wondering two things...

Why are not the Republicans putting pressure on the WH.....

and

Why is not the WH sharing information that they have.

It seems when the raid was down on Bin Ladens hideaway, papers were found, a real treasure trove it seems. In those papers there were details of the tie between and cooperation between Al Queda and Iran.

When the administration was trying to keep pressure on the sanctions with Iran, they released little dribs and drabs but enough to put together a bit of a picture.

In the report on 9/11 there was this quote talking about Iran and the attack on our soil....

"“there is strong evidence that Iran facilitated the transit of al Qaeda members into and out of Afghanistan before 9/11, and that some of these were future 9/11 hijackers.”

So the tie is strong and yet the Republicans are not demanding that the papers be made public or at minimum shared with congress about the relationship between Iran and Al Queda.

This is the link to this weekends article....

The Bin Laden Papers - WSJ

So we have a deal that will go forward with Iran, the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world. We have the Russians building airfields (PERMANENT) in Syria and flying in arms over Iran to Syria. We have information that the WH has information garnered from the Bin Laden raid that supposedly might spoil the Iran deal being kept secret, and there is a report out today that Al Queda is reaching out to ISIS to join forces.

Al Qaeda's al-Zawahiri to ISIS: We can work together - CNN.com

Many liberal posters will make fun of me for sure. They use the sarcasm as if I am practicing "the sky is falling" but I am legitametly concerned about the ME and how this "perfect storm" is setting up.

This is not like WW2 or any other struggle in the past where we had the luxury of geographical location keeping people from our front door. Not only do we have our own immigrant problem, those countries I just mentioned are sending refugees by the many thousands out to various countries and you know they will end up here.

There are so many warning signs and yet our President does not even acknowledge them.

To me this is serious and not worthy of useless one liners. I suggest we read and understand what is developing in the ME.

This is one time I hope my fears are unfounded.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:23 AM
n/a

It used to be that the use of chemical weapons or any such thing was a subject that brought the ire of our country. We would stand up and defend whomever was a victim of the use of such weapons.

Now....well, I do not even see our government saying anything about this. Seems this might be a bit more important to the country and the world than Ben Carson.

"The Hague (AFP) - The UN chemical weapons watchdog Friday confirmed with "utmost confidence" that mustard gas was used in Syria in August during fighting between rebels and jihadists and "likely" killed a child."

UN watchdog confirms Syria mustard gas use, chlorine attack - Yahoo News

In June of 2014, this was the story...

"International weapons inspectors announced Monday that Syria has handed over the last of its declared chemical weapons stockpile for removal and destruction, even as U.S. officials voiced concern about the Damascus government’s alleged use of other toxic substances."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5f1_story.html

There was a time when our country led the outrage on things like this. Just another news item below the hot Ben Carson news.

Tags
russia, syria, equipment, moscow, syrias, world, watch, continues, great, glee, began, ignore, things, dumbie, ukraine, iran, romney, debates, greatest, threat, mocked, running, forum, analyst, foreign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.