King vs Burwell

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post King vs Burwell

On Wednesday the Supreme Court will listen to arguments in the case of King vs Burwell. Florida could be the biggest loser in this case if the court rules for the plaintiffs, losing half a billion dollars per month in subsidies.

Republicans are scrambling to come up with solutions or alternatives to the ACA before the court rules later this spring. They know they will be the ones to blame when millions lose their healthcare, some who just got it for the first time.

This court ruling could be the answer to GOP prayers of overturning the ACA, but it will only effect the reddest states with the worst health care and republican governors.


A Supreme Court decision against Obamacare could cost states billions and billions of dollars - The Washington Post
  #2  
Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

5 disasters to expect if the Supreme Court guts the Affordable Care Act | Eclectablog


Up to eight million adults and five million children who purchased insurance through the healthcare.gov website would lose their coverage immediately, according to this article.

Chemotherapy would stop for 12,000 and dialysis would go dark for another 10,000, and the uninsured rate would jump to 44% if the Supreme Court rules for the plaintiffs.
  #3  
Old 03-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

this is probably the most important supreme court decision that will be announced this year. this country could become more divided than ever when one part has good healthcare and insurance, and the other part has neither. the ones calling for repealing the ACA can celebrate.

personal best regards
  #4  
Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We don;t know how the court will rule and we don't know specifically how Congress will respond but we do know that they all really worry about votes so be ready for another kick the can solution to an Obama problem

ACA was one of the most ill-conceived plans ever formulated and approved (only by and for the Democrats) and now we all have suffered
  #5  
Old 03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
We don;t know how the court will rule and we don't know specifically how Congress will respond but we do know that they all really worry about votes so be ready for another kick the can solution to an Obama problem

ACA was one of the most ill-conceived plans ever formulated and approved (only by and for the Democrats) and now we all have suffered



It's ironically appropriate that Obama's signature piece of legislation is such an unworkable disaster. Our socialist president attempted a socialist takeover of 1/6th of our economy and force a "relatively few" to pay for "the many" (i.e., subsidies). Gee, and now it begins to fall apart because the federal subsidies are potentially illegal. Who could have predicted that?

(Cue Obama's repeated LIE, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor!")
  #6  
Old 03-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post



It's ironically appropriate that Obama's signature piece of legislation is such an unworkable disaster. Our socialist president attempted a socialist takeover of 1/6th of our economy and force a "relatively few" to pay for "the many" (i.e., subsidies). Gee, and now it begins to fall apart because the federal subsidies are potentially illegal. Who could have predicted that?

(Cue Obama's repeated LIE, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor!")

It is ironic that this exact same piece of legislation is working successfully in Massachusetts (formerly known as Romneycare) where 100% of children and 90% plus of adults have insurance, and 85% approve of their healthcare.

This ruling will only effect the states, run by republican governors, who refused to set up their own exchanges, due to their ideological beliefs. Some red states, such as AZ, KY and AR, set up exchanges and won't be effected.
  #7  
Old 03-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It is ironic that this exact same piece of legislation is working successfully in Massachusetts (formerly known as Romneycare) where 100% of children and 90% plus of adults have insurance, and 85% approve of their healthcare.

This ruling will only effect the states, run by republican governors, who refused to set up their own exchanges, due to their ideological beliefs. Some red states, such as AZ, KY and AR, set up exchanges and won't be effected.
To begin, ACA is a complete disaster and has made medical care worse and more expensive

How can the plans be exact when the fact is that one is a state plan and the other a federal plan. Secondly the costs associated with the Massachusetts plan continue to rise and eventually it will become cost prohibitive.

ACA is a federal plan and like the majority of federal plans they are destined to fail..The IRS, FEC, EPA, DEPT OF ENERGY,TREASURY,HEALTH AND EDUCATION FANNIE AND FREDDIE, POST OFFICE,FCC, etc have strangled this country with unnecessary regulation, poor management and outright interference with people's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Obama has superseded the rights of states in so many ways. I am interested in return of control for many of peoples needs to the state.
That is what the founding fathers included in the Declaration of Independence, U S Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Obama's latest move to stop the sale of certain types of ammunition to get around the Second Amendment is a prime example. and remember the Second Amendment was designed to ensure protection of the First Amendment
  #8  
Old 03-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
To begin, ACA is a complete disaster and has made medical care worse and more expensive

How can the plans be exact when the fact is that one is a state plan and the other a federal plan. Secondly the costs associated with the Massachusetts plan continue to rise and eventually it will become cost prohibitive.

ACA is a federal plan and like the majority of federal plans they are destined to fail..The IRS, FEC, EPA, DEPT OF ENERGY,TREASURY,HEALTH AND EDUCATION FANNIE AND FREDDIE, POST OFFICE,FCC, etc have strangled this country with unnecessary regulation, poor management and outright interference with people's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Obama has superseded the rights of states in so many ways. I am interested in return of control for many of peoples needs to the state.
That is what the founding fathers included in the Declaration of Independence, U S Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Obama's latest move to stop the sale of certain types of ammunition to get around the Second Amendment is a prime example. and remember the Second Amendment was designed to ensure protection of the First Amendment

You seem to have your facts wrong. This is not being done by executive action. The Bureau of ATF has proposed to reclassify this particular ammunition as armor piercing (which it is). This would have consequences re its sale to the public. The president is not doing this by executive order. The proposal is out for public comment. If you feel you can justify that armor piercing ammo is really required for sport or target practice; then you should avail yourself of the comment period.
  #9  
Old 03-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
To begin, ACA is a complete disaster and has made medical care worse and more expensive
Who has worse medical care because of the ACA?

What medical care has become more expensive because of the ACA?
  #10  
Old 03-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post



It's ironically appropriate that Obama's signature piece of legislation is such an unworkable disaster. Our socialist president attempted a socialist takeover of 1/6th of our economy and force a "relatively few" to pay for "the many" (i.e., subsidies).
What part of the ACA is unworkable? It seems that a lot of people now have insurance who didn't before. What part is a disaster? The part where poor people have access to healthcare that they didn't before?

When you say that the "few" are paying for the "many", you realize that few means less than many, right? Because what we have right now is a couple of hundred million ("few" in your book) paying for around 10 million ("many" in your book).
  #11  
Old 03-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

People who are convinced that the ACA is a disaster will never be convinced otherwise, no matter HOW many statistics directly contradict that position. It doesn't matter to them that the uninsured percentage is down for the first time since records were being kept. It doesn't matter that people like my daughters can get insurance for the first time since they stopped being on my plan. They'll say that it's a socialist takeover of health care despite the fact that we're still buying insurance from PRIVATE companies - indicating that the person doesn't know the meaning of the words "socialist" or "take over".

Me? I believe the ACA is a flawed piece of legislation that needs to be fixed. On the whole, things ARE better than they used to be - but not by much and we still lag SO far behind the standards set in other countries.
  #12  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
snipped
Me? I believe the ACA is a flawed piece of legislation that needs to be fixed. On the whole, things ARE better than they used to be - but not by much and we still lag SO far behind the standards set in other countries.
Don't mean to hijack the thread - but - if you want this country to follow the standards set by other countries...let's start with following other country's immigration standards and their non-existant standard that provides for educating foreigners in that country's national language.
  #13  
Old 03-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You seem to have your facts wrong. This is not being done by executive action. The Bureau of ATF has proposed to reclassify this particular ammunition as armor piercing (which it is). This would have consequences re its sale to the public. The president is not doing this by executive order. The proposal is out for public comment. If you feel you can justify that armor piercing ammo is really required for sport or target practice; then you should avail yourself of the comment period.
More leftist Commie comment like this is expected from lefties. The Second Ammendment says we can have the ammo we need so the federal government does'nt run rampent over us. That is gd garunteed in the American Constitution. Maybe you should read it sometime.
  #14  
Old 03-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
More leftist Commie comment like this is expected from lefties. The Second Ammendment says we can have the ammo we need so the federal government does'nt run rampent over us. That is gd garunteed in the American Constitution. Maybe you should read it sometime.
I've read it. I don't recall it mentioning M855 ammunition at all.
  #15  
Old 03-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I've read it. I don't recall it mentioning M855 ammunition at all.
Picking fly specs out of the pepper!
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.