Latest Poll: Romney ahead of Obama among registered voters.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Repubs are always complaining that we are leaving it to our grandchildren to pay for our deficit, yet seem more than willing to deprive them of their retirement benefits of Social Security and Medicare. Sure, as long as you are in your 60's and not affected it's a fine plan.
You know as well as I that it cannot go on as it has. I'm way past the time in my life when I can take care of this after being FORCED to participate in Social Security and Medicare for all my life. This was thrust on me and was not my choice.

Don't be a dolt. You know what I'm talking about.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 AM
n/a

Two things that come to mind every time this debate comes up.

1) Can you imagine the press coverage when people who have "opted out" (in one scenario) or those who can't buy insurance even with a voucher (because no insurance company will touch them at ANY price) have no options? It'll make that silly "death panel" discussion look tame.

2) Why is it that nobody has raised the issue of why we pay more and get less than any other nation?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

Don't be a dolt. You know what I'm talking about.
A buffoon, yes. A dolt, I take umbrage.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM
n/a

Hmmm.. Palin wins Reuters poll; beats Romney, and no one hears about it. I wonder why the media didnt cover it?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110613/...thing_happened
Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Hmmm.. Palin wins Reuters poll; beats Romney, and no one hears about it. I wonder why the media didnt cover it?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110613/...thing_happened
Cut it out, JimJoe; nobody wants to hear about this. Let's talk some more about dinosaurs and Paul Revere and her dangerous bus tour and whether Trig is really her baby, etc., etc..................
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Repubs are always complaining that we are leaving it to our grandchildren to pay for our deficit, yet seem more than willing to deprive them of their retirement benefits of Social Security and Medicare. Sure, as long as you are in your 60's and not affected it's a fine plan.
I have to agree with Richie. We were forced to pay into Social Security and Medicare. In my case, my retirement plan was developed using Social Security and Medicare as part of the plan. My retirement check was reduced at age 62 by what SS was estimated to pay me at age 62. At 65, Medicare became my primary and my company health insurance become my secondary.

I am sure that when the dust settles and they have made all of the changes to SS and Medicare there will be a grandfather clause to protect the current people that are paying into SS and Medicare (or a conersion plan) and a new system for the rest.

SS and Medicare as we know it will not be the same in the future and the grandkids, etc will not suffer and worse than we are.

Z

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.