Let's Cut Taxes!

Old 03-25-2015, 02:08 AM
n/a

Oh let me guess:

One guy pays $12 in taxes

the other guy pays $100,000,000

But, because the poor schlepp paying $100 MILLION is paying less of an effective RATE he's not paying his "fair share"! Oh please Lord, give me patience with the incredibly ignorant, lazy takers. (This was the argument used against Romney last election.)
Old 03-25-2015, 02:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Oh let me guess:

One guy pays $12 in taxes

the other guy pays $100,000,000

But, because the poor schlepp paying $100 MILLION is paying less of an effective RATE he's not paying his "fair share"! Oh please Lord, give me patience with the incredibly ignorant, lazy takers. (This was the argument used against Romney last election.)
Enough people agreed with that argument in that Romney lost the election. It appears that you are in that minority that think if someone who is fortunate enough to pay the top marginal income tax tax rate by law, he is somehow being taken advantage. Not all people who are not in the top marginal income tax rate are ignorant lazy takers. However, there are many who feel that the world is taking advantage of their limited success and are still bitter.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Enough people agreed with that argument in that Romney lost the election. It appears that you are in that minority that think if someone who is fortunate enough to pay the top marginal income tax tax rate by law, he is somehow being taken advantage. Not all people who are not in the top marginal income tax rate are ignorant lazy takers. However, there are many who feel that the world is taking advantage of their limited success and are still bitter.
Oh dear god... another that thinks someone is "fortunate enough" to be blessed to be forced to succumb to the highest confiscation rate.

This is simply the lazy majority of liberal voters full of envy penalizing the hard-working small pizza parlor owner they call "rich". The pizza parlor owner works his fanny off to provide a good product, good service, at a competitive price and still he is begrudged for his success.

Heard the libs want to push the highest income tax rates upon those singles earning $75,000 and couples earning $150,000. Yep, those evil "rich" people!

The libs are generally lazy, want fee stuff from those who work, and envy the hard work of the successful and want to penalize them for their success. That's really the bottom line - simply penalize anyone who's made a success of their life. It's pure envy.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Oh dear god... another that thinks someone is "fortunate enough" to be blessed to be forced to succumb to the highest confiscation rate.

This is simply the lazy majority of liberal voters full of envy penalizing the hard-working small pizza parlor owner they call "rich". The pizza parlor owner works his fanny off to provide a good product, good service, at a competitive price and still he is begrudged for his success.

Heard the libs want to push the highest income tax rates upon those singles earning $75,000 and couples earning $150,000. Yep, those evil "rich" people!

The libs are generally lazy, want fee stuff from those who work, and envy the hard work of the successful and want to penalize them for their success. That's really the bottom line - simply penalize anyone who's made a success of their life. It's pure envy.
That attitude and bitterness may be true for a pizza owner who ran for President, however, Starbucks owners pay a decent wage, offer health insurance and believe in sharing the wealth with people who make them successful. This success has translated in a stock price that has gone from $20 to almost $100 in 5 years. I am sure those who participated in this success would not mind sharing in that success to support the environment which afforded them the opportunity to be successful. I hope you have had that opportunity.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
That attitude and bitterness may be true for a pizza owner who ran for President, however, Starbucks owners pay a decent wage, offer health insurance and believe in sharing the wealth with people who make them successful. This success has translated in a stock price that has gone from $20 to almost $100 in 5 years. I am sure those who participated in this success would not mind sharing in that success to support the environment which afforded them the opportunity to be successful. I hope you have had that opportunity.
As you know, there are very few Starbucks franchises (individual small business owners).

So, why are you comparing a HUGE corporation with a small pizza parlor owner? Small business employs the majority of citizens in this country. You obviously have no clue of the margins a small business, whether pizza parlor, photographer, hair stylist operate under.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
As you know, there are very few Starbucks franchises (individual small business owners).

So, why are you comparing a HUGE corporation with a small pizza parlor owner? Small business employs the majority of citizens in this country. You obviously have no clue of the margins a small business, whether pizza parlor, photographer, hair stylist operate under.
Please provide the citations as to where you found information on "the majority" of citizens are employed by small business vs large corporations. Please provide the numbers and the percentages, too.

If you cannot do this, your post does not mean a thing.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Please provide the citations as to where you found information on "the majority" of citizens are employed by small business vs large corporations. Please provide the numbers and the percentages, too.

If you cannot do this, your post does not mean a thing.
Google is your friend:

"Fully 99 percent of all independent enterprises in the country employ fewer than 500 people. These small enterprises account for 52 percent of all U.S. workers, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Some 19.6 million Americans work for companies employing fewer than 20 workers, 18.4 million work for firms employing between 20 and 99 workers, and 14.6 million work for firms with 100 to 499 workers. By contrast, 47.7 million Americans work for firms with 500 or more employees."

Small Business in the United States
Old 03-25-2015, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:

I have several friends who are small business owners. They have told me that their employees have a half life of six months on minimum wage. However, as a result of these short term employees, these owners do quite well. Therefore, it appears that as an employee, one should work for a large corporation who tends to have better pay and benefits than a small business where the churn of employees benefits the owner to the detriment of his employees. I wonder how a large bureaucratic employer can manage these increased margins to the benefit of the employees?
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
I have several friends who are small business owners. They have told me that their employees have a half life of six months on minimum wage. However, as a result of these short term employees, these owners do quite well. Therefore, it appears that as an employee, one should work for a large corporation who tends to have better pay and benefits than a small business where the churn of employees benefits the owner to the detriment of his employees. I wonder how a large bureaucratic employer can manage these increased margins to the benefit of the employees?
You may have an over estimated view of how much larger employers spend on benefits. They have been severly scaled back over the years. General Electric and General Motors were a couple of the top benefit providers.
No I don't have a link. No I don't have any numbers that support the comment.

Only having lived through first hand experience.

Just google it if you have an urgent need.
Or ask someone who worked for these companies in the 60's through the 80's.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 PM
n/a

http://www.pionline.com/article/2014...-sad-milestone
Old 03-26-2015, 02:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
You may have an over estimated view of how much larger employers spend on benefits. They have been severly scaled back over the years. General Electric and General Motors were a couple of the top benefit providers.
No I don't have a link. No I don't have any numbers that support the comment.

Only having lived through first hand experience.

Just google it if you have an urgent need.
Or ask someone who worked for these companies in the 60's through the 80's.
I have not over estimated how much large employers but am well aware of the benefits that are not provided to by many small minimum wage employers. They provide no health and dental benefits, 401k with matching contributions, vacation time and paid holidays, life insureance and the list goes on. For example, GM provides all of these.

General Motors Benefits Packages | GM Retirement Benefits
Old 03-26-2015, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
I have not over estimated how much large employers but am well aware of the benefits that are not provided to by many small minimum wage employers. They provide no health and dental benefits, 401k with matching contributions, vacation time and paid holidays, life insureance and the list goes on. For example, GM provides all of these.

General Motors Benefits Packages | GM Retirement Benefits
Your message is muddled. Are you arguing that small business owners SHOULD provide all these benefits to minimum wage earners?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 PM
n/a

Ten years from now when the people are retirement age but so few have any pensions as the large corporations have discontinued them leaving only the few union jobs retirees and of course the wildly over-pensioned military as having enough projected income to afford a home here, you will see the home prices coming down. Ask around on your street what the source of ongoing income is for most of your neighbors. Ex-GE, ex-ATand T, ex-Ford, ex-military, ex-cop, ex-teacher will make up a significant number of them. And other than the military, those pensions are being attacked and cut for the next wave of employees.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Ten years from now when the people are retirement age but so few have any pensions as the large corporations have discontinued them leaving only the few union jobs retirees and of course the wildly over-pensioned military as having enough projected income to afford a home here, you will see the home prices coming down. Ask around on your street what the source of ongoing income is for most of your neighbors. Ex-GE, ex-ATand T, ex-Ford, ex-military, ex-cop, ex-teacher will make up a significant number of them. And other than the military, those pensions are being attacked and cut for the next wave of employees.
Sounds like people need to adapt and save enough money to produce a secure income stream in retirement. That's what all my friends are doing. I think it's fairly commonplace.

I hope you are not suggesting it is your neighbors' responsibility to provide a secure retirement income for everyone.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Your message is muddled. Are you arguing that small business owners SHOULD provide all these benefits to minimum wage earners?
Yes, I think they should provide a living wage w/benefits rather depending on the government to supplement the small business owners employee's compensation. $18,000/yr full time w/no benefits just doesn't cur it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.