Let's Cut Taxes!

Old 03-18-2015, 05:14 PM
n/a

Default Let's Cut Taxes!

Who else think taxes are too burdensome?

If I were able to keep more of MY income, I would save more and be far less likely to burden my neighbors in my old age.

It's frustrating because it seems like Obama wants me to become reliant on the government, who I understand are my neighbors, for my welfare.

I was always taught that republicans teach you to become SELF-reliant, and the democrats teach you to become reliant.

I don't want to burden others.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Who else think taxes are too burdensome?

If I were able to keep more of MY income, I would save more and be far less likely to burden my neighbors in my old age.

It's frustrating because it seems like Obama wants me to become reliant on the government, who I understand are my neighbors, for my welfare.

I was always taught that republicans teach you to become SELF-reliant, and the democrats teach you to become reliant.

I don't want to burden others.
Where are we going to reduce spending for these tax cuts. We are already spending $10 for every $6 we take in and it going to blow up in coming years. Mathmatically it is not possible. We are kid of like bag ladies at a Mercedes dealer.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:18 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;103074

QUOTE]

Well, the easiest answer - and probably one even you could understand - You were taught wrong.

Of course, it is understood that your post was just to incite others into making replies.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM
n/a

Scott Walker cut taxes in Wisconsin. See where their state budget is now in the toilet!

Difficult state budget a 'self-inflicted wound' : Wsj
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
n/a

Check out Kansas, one of the reddest states.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/11/pf/t...nsas-tax-cuts/
Old 03-19-2015, 12:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Check out Kansas, one of the reddest states.

Kansas tax cuts on trial amid huge budget deficit - Jan. 11, 2015
Seems all states are having budget difficulties. Wisconsin and Kansas in particular surround tax cuts for one thing but each state is different for sure. I am sure that there are Democratic states with problems as well, BUT...

EXPLAIN, the signifigance of naming states who have governors who are in a party different than you that might have a budget difficulty (in both states here Kansas and Wisconsin, they are just beginning the new discussions so time will tell), but what signifigance do you see in citing these examples. Is that to make YOUR party seem smarter or what ? Not sure I understand this kind of political discussion. If that is how you "keep score" that sure helps you as most states have Republican governors and thus the odds are in your favor for some difficulty and have you read about each of them ? Wisconsin is just beginning their hearings so not much to say...why is this so vital to you ?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 PM
n/a

If we eliminated all the food stamp programs sense obama has been in office and stop all the giveaways to other countries we would be able to balance the budget and drop taxes in a year. I have only collected unemployment once in my life and that was for two weeks. I knew people from Toledo Ohio that five generations collected welfare. Democrats tax you to death Republicans try to clean up the mess the dems cause. Then when the dems get back in control they start all over again. So why do you think the republican states have a hard time of it. I watched this for 60 years when I was 10 my father told me then stay away from the democrats. In your personal life you know if you over spend it will catch up to you and that is what we have right now. You have X number of dollars coming in you cant have XX number of dollars going out it never works.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Seems all states are having budget difficulties. Wisconsin and Kansas in particular surround tax cuts for one thing but each state is different for sure. I am sure that there are Democratic states with problems as well, BUT...

EXPLAIN, the signifigance of naming states who have governors who are in a party different than you that might have a budget difficulty (in both states here Kansas and Wisconsin, they are just beginning the new discussions so time will tell), but what signifigance do you see in citing these examples. Is that to make YOUR party seem smarter or what ? Not sure I understand this kind of political discussion. If that is how you "keep score" that sure helps you as most states have Republican governors and thus the odds are in your favor for some difficulty and have you read about each of them ? Wisconsin is just beginning their hearings so not much to say...why is this so vital to you ?
Hey, I'm from Illinois so I know deficits are on both sides. But Kansas is a clear cause and effect example. Also, you capitaized your party like you know what it is. Well, I used to be a Rockefeller Republican but that term is defunct now. Here I'm registered as an Independent. So I am not as polarized as you may think. Thankfully, I can see both sides without a strong disposition to either one.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:22 PM
n/a

[quote=Guest;1030891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest;103074

Well, the easiest answer - and probably one even you could understand - You were taught wrong.
Darn my liberal public education!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hey, I'm from Illinois so I know deficits are on both sides. But Kansas is a clear cause and effect example. Also, you capitaized your party like you know what it is. Well, I used to be a Rockefeller Republican but that term is defunct now. Here I'm registered as an Independent. So I am not as polarized as you may think. Thankfully, I can see both sides without a strong disposition to either one.
The capitalization of YOUR PARTY was meant to signify the complete folly of such generalizations of states. Each state has their own set of problems and a random selection of R or D has very little, and basically NO significance. Seems with a few Rep govs mulling running the Dems will be attacking their states in the months to follow.

YOUR PARTY was not aimed at an individual, but those short sighted who feel a political party is the answer.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
n/a

There is no secret to balancing ANY budget!
Do not spend beyond what is available to spend.
We all do it every day in our life style. And the banks will ONLY lend what you can afford to pay back....which comes out of what is available to spend.

The government, state and local have the privilege of spending more than they have with no accountability they will never give up their pet programs or stop the stupid spending.
If you want to entertain yourself just google federal government paying to store minted monies that are not in use. Prepare yourself for a real eye opener.

This is only one example.

I personally participated in the lead for turning around troubled companies ($500,000,000 companies and above).
Same problem EVERY time. Cash flow and reducing spending to be below what revenues CAN SUPPORT.....no matter what takes.

Another illuminating exercise? How many people in the government are trained in balance sheets and income statements?

They do not know closely followed by they do not care.

When they purpose budget cuts they ALWAYS choose programs that purposely affect we the people. NEVER the frivolous spending.

This is all allowed and condoned by the LIV's who also don't know or care.......as long as it does not affect them.

The government budget shut down game is an insult to ANY informed responsible person at home or in corporate A Merida!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM
n/a

Government spending should be under harsh scrutinization every day, but now that we are under these trying financial times, taxes should be raised so we can keep current programs running, then when stabilized, cut those programs we can, allowing us to then cut taxes. Cutting taxes in a downturn would only make the economy worse.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
There is no secret to balancing ANY budget!
Do not spend beyond what is available to spend.
We all do it every day in our life style. And the banks will ONLY lend what you can afford to pay back....which comes out of what is available to spend.

The government, state and local have the privilege of spending more than they have with no accountability they will never give up their pet programs or stop the stupid spending.
If you want to entertain yourself just google federal government paying to store minted monies that are not in use. Prepare yourself for a real eye opener.

This is only one example.

I personally participated in the lead for turning around troubled companies ($500,000,000 companies and above).
Same problem EVERY time. Cash flow and reducing spending to be below what revenues CAN SUPPORT.....no matter what takes.

Another illuminating exercise? How many people in the government are trained in balance sheets and income statements?

They do not know closely followed by they do not care.

When they purpose budget cuts they ALWAYS choose programs that purposely affect we the people. NEVER the frivolous spending.

This is all allowed and condoned by the LIV's who also don't know or care.......as long as it does not affect them.

The government budget shut down game is an insult to ANY informed responsible person at home or in corporate A Merida!
Your post is the most factual on this thread. The finger pointing between Dems and Reps is exactly why this continues year after year. I also come out of the private sector and very familiar with a budgeting approach called zero base. It takes leadership to do this and clearly there are no leaders in public sector as of this writing. I did not vote for Obama but was very interested and impressed when he said it was immoral to spend money our children had to pay back. So much for leadership.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:35 PM
n/a

The reason to specifically cite Kansas and Wisconsin is that the political decisions that were made in those two states to dramatically cut taxes was explained on an economic theory that the cutting of taxes raises revenue due to the economic stimulation it produces. As a result of cutting taxes there is a paradoxical increase in state income as well as the well theorized trickle down of income from those taxpayers who benefit from the tax cuts to those who are not in the tax bracket to benefit. Both of these economic theories are shown not be correct by these real world examples.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:32 AM
n/a

Why not start over? Sliding tax rate. Eliminate corporate subsidies, enforce anti trust laws at every level. Then you will have a truly Free Market.

Today we have a false economy pandering to special interest groups. There are no job creators. Jobs are created by demand and the ability to meet that demand and post a profit, thus promoting investment. It's all pretty simple in concept. The problem our economy is out of our control and has been taken over by corporate America. Price fixing is rampant. I truly believe in a free market and we haven't had one for many years. It is not partisan politics because both are equally at fault. Lobbyists play both ends against the middle.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.