John Edwards - My Rant

Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 AM
n/a

Default John Edwards - My Rant

Let me begin by saying that as a voter, I'm undecided as to who I will get my vote. But I can say that I will not vote for John Edwards. Last night, in a single sentence, on Letterman, Edwards made a comment about corporations making billions of dollars in profit while 200,000 homeless veterans go without care.

First, there's nothing wrong with corporations make a profit...that's why they exist....and they provide millions of jobs for Americans. Our society is a capitalistic, free market republic. Profit is the fuel our economy. Edwards doesn't seem to understand that.

Secondly, Edwards would have us believe that corporate profit is somehow contributing to the plight of our nation's homeless veterans and he would have us believe that nothing is being done for our veterans who are down and out. A guilt trip. I am pround to tell you as an insider, that the VA has had programs in place for quite some time to reach out to these veterans and continues to do so with great effort and love. In the North Florida/South Georgia VA system, there is an ongoing high level strategic initiative to locate and identify homeless veterans to provide them access to the benefits and health care that they so richly deserve. This is not an easy mission but I see this in action every day. While Edwards cannot be accused of a lie per se (but it's close), he insults over 100,000 health care professionals working within the VA system who have dedicated themselves to a most worthy cause. And that stinks.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM
n/a

Default Re: John Edwards - My Rant

I got the impression that many of the homeless are mentally ill people who have no where to go. They do not have an extended family support system nor does the state and or county provide care for them.

Some of the mentally ill may not actually be "mentally ill" but that would seem to be a problem related to some people having too much power while others have very little. You see that I believe too with people falsely accused of capital crimes.

I would expect that many vets have some kind of mental health problems especially the ones coming back from combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:25 PM
n/a

Default Re: John Edwards - My Rant

JohnZ, Guess Edwards never read Ayn Rand.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.