The Liberal, Liberals Hate

Old 11-01-2017, 04:13 PM
n/a

Default The Liberal, Liberals Hate

The Politicization of Motherhood
James Taranto WSJ 10/28-29

"Erica Komisar is an Upper West Side Manhattan New Yorker Jewish psychoanalyst and political liberal who wrote a book entitled “Being There: Why Prioritizing Motherhood In the First Three Years Matters”

The premise of her book is backed by research in psychology, neuroscience, and epigenetics and explains that mothers are biologically necessary, and not only for the obvious reasons of pregnancy and birth. She states that babies are much more neurologically fragile than we’ve understood.

She cites studies by neuroscientist Nim Tottenham of Columbia University that babies are born without a central nervous system and that mothers are the central nervous system to babies, especially the first 9 months after birth.

Ms Komisar explains that every time a mother comforts her baby in distress she is actually regulating that baby’s emotions from outside in. After 3 years the baby internalizes their emotions but not before then.

The regulatory mechanism is “oxytocin” , a neurotransmitter, popularly know as the love hormone.

Mothers produce it when they give birth, breastfeed and nurture their babies. The more oxytocin a mother produces the more she produces in her baby by communicating via eye contact, touch and gentle talk.

The baby’s brain in turn develops oxytocin receptors, which allows for self-regulation at a later age

People want to feel that men and women are fungible but they are not when it comes to parental roles Fathers produce a different nurturing hormone “vasopressin “ a protective aggressive hormone.

Hence mothers are essential for rearing their young for the first three years of their life. She goes on to explain suspected problems associated when mothers do not assume this role.

Ms Komisar's book has not been welcome in the liberal circles. Some who have had a very emotional and angry response.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-01-2017, 04:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

"Erica Komisar is an Upper West Side Manhattan New Yorker Jewish psychoanalyst and political liberal who wrote a book entitled “Being There: Why Prioritizing Motherhood In the First Three Years Matters”

The premise of her book is backed by research in psychology, neuroscience, and epigenetics and explains that mothers are biologically necessary, and not only for the obvious reasons of pregnancy and birth. She states that babies are much more neurologically fragile than we’ve understood.

She cites studies by neuroscientist Nim Tottenham of Columbia University that babies are born without a central nervous system and that mothers are the central nervous system to babies, especially the first 9 months after birth.

Ms Komisar explains that every time a mother comforts her baby in distress she is actually regulating that baby’s emotions from outside in. After 3 years the baby internalizes their emotions but not before then.

The regulatory mechanism is “oxytocin” , a neurotransmitter, popularly know as the love hormone.

Mothers produce it when they give birth, breastfeed and nurture their babies. The more oxytocin a mother produces the more she produces in her baby by communicating via eye contact, touch and gentle talk.

The baby’s brain in turn develops oxytocin receptors, which allows for self-regulation at a later age

People want to feel that men and women are fungible but they are not when it comes to parental roles Fathers produce a different nurturing hormone “vasopressin “ a protective aggressive hormone.

Hence mothers are essential for rearing their young for the first three years of their life. She goes on to explain suspected problems associated when mothers do not assume this role.

Ms Komisar's book has not been welcome in the liberal circles. Some who have had a very emotional and angry response.

Personal Best Regards:

This will just turn into an excuse for the Femo-Fascist demand for 3 years of paid family leave and welfare.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
This will just turn into an excuse for the Femo-Fascist demand for 3 years of paid family leave and welfare.

That's the criticism for the Rubio/Lee child dependent bill.

But what about Ms Komisar's research?

personal Best Regards:
Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
They give birth and then pawn off child rearing for a "career"...a "career" shuffling papers. You never find women who are a "master" in something. A master mechanic, master woodworker...why?

None of it matters any more anyway...America is lost in 30 years.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
That's the criticism for the Rubio/Lee child dependent bill.

But what about Ms Komisar's research?

personal Best Regards:

Sounds reasonable. I'm not into infant physiology and if I were I wouldn't be talking about it here.

Since this is about politics,

1) Femo-Fascism's assault on the family is a crime

2) Why should I be interested is something as topical as this when the basics of The structure of politics has the "power" to end most of the clap-trap we call politics anyway?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:01 AM
n/a

Komisar's research supported by many flies in the face of a number of liberal myths and policy they push forward to remake their new world.

It says you need a mother to be home for the first three years of a new born's life.

It says you need a mother and a father to rear a child.

It says binary gender cannot be summarily dismissed and that it involves different biological components essential to our species.

there are some very serious and far reaching implication to Komisar's research and the liberals hate her because she opened a wide crack in liberal illogical social justice new norm logic

and we know

to anger a conservative tell him/her a lie
to anger a liberal tell him/her the

Now watch the liberals circle their wagons and make out that Komisar is a wingnut I mean she can't be right

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-02-2017, 06:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Komisar's research supported by many flies in the face of a number of liberal myths and policy they push forward to remake their new world.

It says you need a mother to be home for the first three years of a new born's life.

It says you need a mother and a father to rear a child.

It says binary gender cannot be summarily dismissed and that it involves different biological components essential to our species.

there are some very serious and far reaching implication to Komisar's research and the liberals hate her because she opened a wide crack in liberal illogical social justice new norm logic

and we know

to anger a conservative tell him/her a lie
to anger a liberal tell him/her the

Now watch the liberals circle their wagons and make out that Komisar is a wingnut I mean she can't be right

Personal Best Regards:

Yes -- but what's irritating about you is you want to be regarded as wise, perceptive and astute. I regard you as trivial, superficial, and pompous. Anyone who has been around conservatism any length of time knows this -- "you have a keen eye for the obvious."

Meanwhile,

flys over your head.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:

Thanks --I learned a new word "fungible"
Old 11-02-2017, 08:25 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
A woman has ONE job...making babies...and raising them.

A man has ONE job...ensuring the mother has what she needs to have babies and raise them.

Our children shouldn't be raised by 3rd world immigrants named Laquisha.

Would you hand your child to monkeys to raise them? Then WHY are you handing them to blacks? They are NOT us and our children lose out on so much when raised by them...10 hours a day...5 days a week.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 AM
n/a

Author calls for mothers to stay home from work for 3 years after giving birth Video - ABC News

Seems to argue more for work at home and child care at work in these early years.

It's time we acknowledge how indispensable mothers are to their babies | Fox News

Showed up on Fox news of late probably to distract us from the mess that the Donald John Trump administration is becoming.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:45 PM
n/a

Quote:

Yes -- but what's irritating about you is you want to be regarded as wise, perceptive and astute. I regard you as trivial, superficial, and pompous. Anyone who has been around conservatism any length of time knows this -- "you have a keen eye for the obvious."

Meanwhile,

flys over your head.

Interesting Freudian slip , you stated "you want to be regarded as wise, perceptive and astute."

However those words were never spoken from my lips or written by me on these pages, ever, but you just did.

Now, before those words had to leave your lips (fingertips) to reach this forum, they had to be form in your consciousness. And before they formed in your consciousness you had to cognitively assimilated data, impressions,etc. of my past posts (history)

So essentially what you are saying is "I" "think you are wise, perceptive and astute." However emotionally I despise you and so I will cover up my real thoughts by calling you trivial, superficial, and pompous.

I am flattered. Thank You

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-02-2017, 02:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Interesting Freudian slip , you stated "you want to be regarded as wise, perceptive and astute."

However those words were never spoken from my lips or written by me on these pages, ever, but you just did.

Now, before those words had to leave your lips (fingertips) to reach this forum, they had to be form in your consciousness. And before they formed in your consciousness you had to cognitively assimilated data, impressions,etc. of my past posts (history)

So essentially what you are saying is "I" "think you are wise, perceptive and astute." However emotionally I despise you and so I will cover up my real thoughts by calling you trivial, superficial, and pompous.

I am flattered. Thank You

Personal Best Regards:
This is pathetic.

I'm not proud of the fact that you are so successful at irritating, annoying the people you speak to....

... and that is amplified by the fact that "all you need to know" about politics is right under your nose and you don't see it.

I am throwing pearls before swine.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is pathetic.

I'm not proud of the fact that you are so successful at irritating, annoying the people you speak to....

... and that is amplified by the fact that "all you need to know" about politics is right under your nose and you don't see it.

I am throwing pearls before swine.

Your a trip

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
book

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.