Is liberalism a mental illness?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Is liberalism a mental illness?

I don't hate, but I truly do believe liberalism is a mental illness.

Liberals fear providing for themselves, putting their own personal capital at risk, and are overcome with intense envy of the successful. Whether this is a disorder or an illness, I am not sure. Perhaps liberalism is a spectrum disease like autism?

Liberals desire the comfort of being taken care of, plain and simple. They want cradle to grave support and protection. They fear being forced to be self-reliant. Perhaps the most annoying part of their illness is the manifestation that if only everyone would get on board with their collectivist thoughts, the world would be wonderful. They believe they are truly smarter than the previous generations of socialists, and if only everyone would trust them the world would be safe and everyone provided for.

Anyone else see things similarly, or how do you reconcile their misguided beliefs?
  #2  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't hate, but I truly do believe liberalism is a mental illness.

Liberals fear providing for themselves, putting their own personal capital at risk, and are overcome with intense envy of the successful. Whether this is a disorder or an illness, I am not sure. Perhaps liberalism is a spectrum disease like autism?

Liberals desire the comfort of being taken care of, plain and simple. They want cradle to grave support and protection. They fear being forced to be self-reliant. Perhaps the most annoying part of their illness is the manifestation that if only everyone would get on board with their collectivist thoughts, the world would be wonderful. They believe they are truly smarter than the previous generations of socialists, and if only everyone would trust them the world would be safe and everyone provided for.

Anyone else see things similarly, or how do you reconcile their misguided beliefs?
This is the sick perverted viewpoint of your beloved Tea Party. Btw, Jesus is the most liberal of us all. God help us.
  #3  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Btw, Jesus is the most liberal of us all. God help us.
Well then Jesus is down to only a handful of countries (North Korea, Cuba)
  #4  
Old 02-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't hate, but I truly do believe liberalism is a mental illness.

Liberals fear providing for themselves, putting their own personal capital at risk, and are overcome with intense envy of the successful. Whether this is a disorder or an illness, I am not sure. Perhaps liberalism is a spectrum disease like autism?

Liberals desire the comfort of being taken care of, plain and simple. They want cradle to grave support and protection. They fear being forced to be self-reliant. Perhaps the most annoying part of their illness is the manifestation that if only everyone would get on board with their collectivist thoughts, the world would be wonderful. They believe they are truly smarter than the previous generations of socialists, and if only everyone would trust them the world would be safe and everyone provided for.

Anyone else see things similarly, or how do you reconcile their misguided beliefs?
Actually this succinct analysis is pretty much spot on ... two aspects you didn't include are 1) the need to criticize and typically trash the Country they were lucky enough to be born in (ie USA) and 2) the seeming suicidal impulses (ultimately) by failing to recognize what can only be described as obvious threats to the collective security of us all ... ie Radical Islam. Many liberals dare not speak it's name ... truly insane.
  #5  
Old 02-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually this succinct analysis is pretty much spot on ... two aspects you didn't include are 1) the need to criticize and typically trash the Country they were lucky enough to be born in (ie USA) and 2) the seeming suicidal impulses (ultimately) by failing to recognize what can only be described as obvious threats to the collective security of us all ... ie Radical Islam. Many liberals dare not speak it's name ... truly insane.
Excellent additions!

Nearly spit out my coffee reading how the community organizer thinks radical Islamic terrorists behead and savagely kill because of poor job opportunities and lack of capitol to start a business.

He's got to be mentally ill. And how about ole "foot in mouth Joe" feeling up the new defense secretary's wife! CREEPY!
  #6  
Old 02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't hate, but I truly do believe liberalism is a mental illness.

Liberals fear providing for themselves, putting their own personal capital at risk, and are overcome with intense envy of the successful. Whether this is a disorder or an illness, I am not sure. Perhaps liberalism is a spectrum disease like autism?

Liberals desire the comfort of being taken care of, plain and simple. They want cradle to grave support and protection. They fear being forced to be self-reliant. Perhaps the most annoying part of their illness is the manifestation that if only everyone would get on board with their collectivist thoughts, the world would be wonderful. They believe they are truly smarter than the previous generations of socialists, and if only everyone would trust them the world would be safe and everyone provided for.

Anyone else see things similarly, or how do you reconcile their misguided beliefs?
Evidently someone finally finished reading their Michael Savage book.

uploadfromtaptalk1424374591536.jpg
  #7  
Old 02-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do not find liberalism to be a mental disorder at all.

I would perhaps agree if it said....radical liberalism as preached from the WH. Remember this President was only in the senate a very very short time and was chosed the most liberal senator in years.

It is radical.....those liberals who used to meet conservatives at the middle or slightly to one side or another are not in charge.
  #8  
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Some consider liberalism to be a moral imperative: "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, so you do unto me."
  #9  
Old 02-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post
Some consider liberalism to be a moral imperative: "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, so you do unto me."
Your moral imperative translated into liberal reality: under threat of imprisonment, confiscate from the hard-working in order to redistribute to the lazy.
  #10  
Old 02-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't hate, but I truly do believe liberalism is a mental illness.

Liberals fear providing for themselves, putting their own personal capital at risk, and are overcome with intense envy of the successful. Whether this is a disorder or an illness, I am not sure. Perhaps liberalism is a spectrum disease like autism?

Liberals desire the comfort of being taken care of, plain and simple. They want cradle to grave support and protection. They fear being forced to be self-reliant. Perhaps the most annoying part of their illness is the manifestation that if only everyone would get on board with their collectivist thoughts, the world would be wonderful. They believe they are truly smarter than the previous generations of socialists, and if only everyone would trust them the world would be safe and everyone provided for.

Anyone else see things similarly, or how do you reconcile their misguided beliefs?
Herein lies the problem with our current political climate. Assuming this person is serious and not just a troll, he/she shows absolutely no respect for or understanding of, the other side. He/she will probably answer that that is because they deserve no respect, which is ridiculous. The truth is many if not most liberals and moderates don't expect a handout from anyone, while many so-called conservatives take advantage of every handout available. Warren Buffet is considered a left leaning moderate and is not exactly looking to get ADA or food stamps. Most liberals are people who don't think they have all the answers, but realize that some people are not able for whatever reason, to make it, at least temporarily, without help. They generally realize that there are a small percentage who game the system at BOTH ends of the economic scale, but that doesn't mean that the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater. They generally think that abortion is abhorrent, but that they should not make that decision for everyone else. They generally believe that gun ownership should be protected, but that they should not be available through shows and individuals without background checks, and that open carry should be regulated. Most are not gay, and would prefer their family members were not, but accept that some people are gay, and deserve to live their lives without harassment or interference. Many are successful and pay lots of taxes, but understand that is the price they pay to have the kinds of infrastructure and services we have in this country. Some liberals are mentally ill as are some conservatives, but to think that liberalism is a mental illness is so offensive and so arrogantly ignorant that I find it hard to believe that it was not posted by a troll.
  #11  
Old 02-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think conservatives are necessarily mentaally ill, but I think they are often narrow-minded, prone to prejudice, selfish, and mean-spirited.
  #12  
Old 02-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Herein lies the problem with our current political climate. Assuming this person is serious and not just a troll, he/she shows absolutely no respect for or understanding of, the other side. He/she will probably answer that that is because they deserve no respect, which is ridiculous. The truth is many if not most liberals and moderates don't expect a handout from anyone, while many so-called conservatives take advantage of every handout available. Warren Buffet is considered a left leaning moderate and is not exactly looking to get ADA or food stamps. Most liberals are people who don't think they have all the answers, but realize that some people are not able for whatever reason, to make it, at least temporarily, without help. They generally realize that there are a small percentage who game the system at BOTH ends of the economic scale, but that doesn't mean that the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater. They generally think that abortion is abhorrent, but that they should not make that decision for everyone else. They generally believe that gun ownership should be protected, but that they should not be available through shows and individuals without background checks, and that open carry should be regulated. Most are not gay, and would prefer their family members were not, but accept that some people are gay, and deserve to live their lives without harassment or interference. Many are successful and pay lots of taxes, but understand that is the price they pay to have the kinds of infrastructure and services we have in this country. Some liberals are mentally ill as are some conservatives, but to think that liberalism is a mental illness is so offensive and so arrogantly ignorant that I find it hard to believe that it was not posted by a troll.
While much of what you say I can agree with, when you make such generalizations, you step out the line in my opinion.

People are people. My problem is, first of all, on this TOTV board, the liberal folks just slam at people on a personal level and respect nobody. They think that any criticism of the President, the most criticized position in the world no matter who is in that chair, is some sort of personal racist rant. They appear, and I know it is not true of all liberals on TOTV, but those that post do not seem to know anything about what is going on and are in the automatic mode of name calling no matter what.

Outside of TOTV, there are a lot of great liberals, equal to the great conservatives. Right now, on both sides there is much too much of the radical. The President is and always has been radical and I think he is proud of that. Our country is NOT radical to either side thus our divide.

I think such general comments such as you make are not fair to anyone. I am a conservative Republican and care about other people...am not a racist in anyway...am not selfish. I think that applies to most conservatives and liberals.

TOTV, at least those that post will never support intelligent and open political debate or conversation on issues until those who are posting now with the small uninformed glib comments are either thrown off the board or somehow find the light to get enlightened...NOT CHANGE PARTIES....NOT EVEN CHANGE HOW THEY FEEL, but stop the constant and ongoind personal slams,the constant referall to polls and the like. If they would simply read and find where there is agreement or disagreement and post that it would be great, but this constant school yard crap is just old...real old.
  #13  
Old 02-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Evidently, the OP spends a lot of time on Topix.
  #14  
Old 02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually this succinct analysis is pretty much spot on ... two aspects you didn't include are 1) the need to criticize and typically trash the Country they were lucky enough to be born in (ie USA) and 2) the seeming suicidal impulses (ultimately) by failing to recognize what can only be described as obvious threats to the collective security of us all ... ie Radical Islam. Many liberals dare not speak it's name ... truly insane.
It must be nice to go through life so blissfully oblivious. Most liberals are very proud Americans and many have served their country with honor, unlike Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump and on and on. They usually realize that America is not perfect and that other countries have found there are better ways of doing some things, although the USA is still the best overall. They also aren't so stupid as to lump all members of a legitimate religion into a group with the most radical handful of that group.
  #15  
Old 02-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't think conservatives are necessarily mentaally ill, but I think they are often narrow-minded, prone to prejudice, selfish, and mean-spirited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
While much of what you say I can agree with, when you make such generalizations, you step out the line in my opinion.

People are people. My problem is, first of all, on this TOTV board, the liberal folks just slam at people on a personal level and respect nobody. They think that any criticism of the President, the most criticized position in the world no matter who is in that chair, is some sort of personal racist rant. They appear, and I know it is not true of all liberals on TOTV, but those that post do not seem to know anything about what is going on and are in the automatic mode of name calling no matter what.

Outside of TOTV, there are a lot of great liberals, equal to the great conservatives. Right now, on both sides there is much too much of the radical. The President is and always has been radical and I think he is proud of that. Our country is NOT radical to either side thus our divide.

I think such general comments such as you make are not fair to anyone. I am a conservative Republican and care about other people...am not a racist in anyway...am not selfish. I think that applies to most conservatives and liberals.

TOTV, at least those that post will never support intelligent and open political debate or conversation on issues until those who are posting now with the small uninformed glib comments are either thrown off the board or somehow find the light to get enlightened...NOT CHANGE PARTIES....NOT EVEN CHANGE HOW THEY FEEL, but stop the constant and ongoind personal slams,the constant referall to polls and the like. If they would simply read and find where there is agreement or disagreement and post that it would be great, but this constant school yard crap is just old...real old.
You didn't quote my post, but it seemed like you were responding to it in the bolder statement. Did you notice that I said conservatives are OFTEN......::. If that does not represent your positions, then you would be one of the ones that are not.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.