Long lines at the polls

Old 10-26-2016, 06:46 PM
n/a

Default Long lines at the polls

I do not know if this is working yet, but someone has to give it a go.

We tried to vote early yesterday and today, but the lines were an hour long on both days. I'll try again tomorrow. It looks like Trump is doing very well in Florida so far. But, there is no use counting our chickens before the eggs hatch. Meaning, Nov 8 will be the final tally on the voting.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

We tried to vote early yesterday and today, but the lines were an hour long on both days. I'll try again tomorrow. It looks like Trump is doing very well in Florida so far. But, there is no use counting our chickens before the eggs hatch. Meaning, Nov 8 will be the final tally on the voting.
The ONLY vote that counts is the electors. If the R party doesn't want Trump, he doesn't get elected.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:10 PM
n/a

Default How do you know how people voted?

Quote:

Lots of lines but that does not equate to Trump doing well. Do you have inside info on the count>
Old 10-26-2016, 07:15 PM
n/a

Quote:

I am also curious how long lines equates to Trump doing well ?

As of this afternoon, heavybturnout in Miami area which is democratic. Lightbturnout in panhandle which Trump needs.

Question is Hillsborough count, and could not get valid reports. Trump needs that barely.

The polls now mean crap. Voter turnout is now the only thing.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:25 PM
n/a

When people say long lines I can't help but wonder what the expectation was.

I went to Laurel Manor this afternoon around 3 PM. The was a line. Long?????

We were done and out in less than 15 minutes.

Long lines are no excuse to not vote. As retired folks who cares if one has to wait in a line.....retired people in a rush I do not get!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

Long lines are no excuse to not vote. As retired folks who cares if one has to wait in a line.....retired people in a rush I do not get!
Thanks for the post.

The OP also confused me. In Miami area wher voting is very heavy, NO lines.

Maybe OP can clarify where they went
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM
n/a

Quote:

Actually, on what is your confidence for Trump based ?

Just checked....he leads with Bloomberg by only 1 point and same poll had him up by 2 yesterday.

All other polls for Florida have Clinton leading, albeit close but with minimum time left a lead is a lead.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:51 PM
n/a

Anyone see how poorly Tim's rally went? 30 supporters. Compare that with Pences. Hundreds.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:53 PM
n/a

Quote:

I'll stand in line, but not an hour line. I'll try tomorrow. Being retired means you take advantage of the little time you have left.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:52 PM
n/a

Don't be a chump!! Vote For Mr. Trump...
Old 10-26-2016, 11:04 PM
n/a

Mailed mine in. No line.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2016, 03:01 AM
n/a

Exclamation No Problem

We also voted at Laurel Manor and it took about 15 minutes at 9AM yesterday
Old 10-27-2016, 04:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
We also voted at Laurel Manor and it took about 15 minutes at 9AM yesterday
I was there about 7:50 AM. Took about 20 minutes. 10 of waiting for the pools to open and 10 in line.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:38 AM
n/a

My wife stood in line for fifteen minutes and it only moved a about ten feet. The line was looped all around the inside and one lady told her she had been waiting in line for 45 minutes and still had a long way to go. Maybe it was because it was before noon. She had to be somewhere at 1pm so she left without voting. We'll probably stand in line today to get it over with. The last two election years, I have been able to walk in and had NO wait. It's all in the timing, although there are a lot of Trump supporters out there this time.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
n/a

So far, in Marion, Sumter and Lake counties double the amount of Republican voters have submitted their votes as compared to Democrat voters. Guess the Democrats are waiting until Nov 8th for the first time in history. Normally, early voting is a Democrat thing.

Anyone have numbers for other counties?

Tags
florida, long, polls, lines

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.