Long lines at the polls

Old 10-28-2016, 07:22 AM
n/a

Why do we have early voting? It seems that we got along pretty well without it for two centuries.
What it does is give an indication of who the winner is going to be. There's a lot of speculation based on turnout of certain areas. This could affect people who have not voted yet.
What is the reasoning behind this?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Why do we have early voting? It seems that we got along pretty well without it for two centuries.
What it does is give an indication of who the winner is going to be. There's a lot of speculation based on turnout of certain areas. This could affect people who have not voted yet.
What is the reasoning behind this?
Larger voter base. In the old days, you were given the day off to vote. Not anymore. It is convenient to have early voting. I don't really see a problem with it.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Immigrants from Mexico are largely very hard working, careful with their money, dedicated to family and church goers. Refugees from Syria...the number one thing I notice is that they don't value mom as much as dad and if they think hair is sexy, than the guys should wear a headscarf too, in the heat.

Just a dumb person from Ohio.
So, you do not feel we should obey our laws? If you don't like our laws, why not change them, instead of encouraging criminal activity of breaking our federal laws?

We have laws for a reason. They serve a purpose of maintaining an orderly and fair society. I guess you have no problem if someone breaks into your home while you are gone and then refuses to leave after you get back. Perhaps your neighbors will say that those folks are better neighbors than you and demand that they be allowed to stay in your home. Perhaps even insist that you pay for the utilities and provide food for them to live on.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's HARDLY 11 million. That was the number they used back in the 90s or early 00s. There are 5X that many anchor babies alone here now. They're 1/3 the population. They're the MAJORITY below age 6.

While you slept, while you believed the lies about their numbers...they've been busy breeding you out of your own country.

This is the official number:
"55 million. The Hispanic population of the United States as of July 1, 2014, making people of Hispanic origin the nation's largest ethnic or racial minority. Hispanics constituted 17 percent of the nation's total population.Sep 14, 2015"
how many hispanics are in america US? - Google Search

But those numbers are way too low. Look around...look at the workers. Hispanics. Look at all the Mexican Restaurants and stores. They're really 1/3 the population. Those 55 million had anchor babies...lots and lots of anchor babies.

The country as we know it...is finished...30 years tops.

Unless Trump can send them all back. No hiring, no welfare, no votes, no rights, they'll leave.
They will leave IF you enforce the laws. Jail those that hire them, do not provide driver's licenses for them, do not provide health care or schooling for them and they will leave. Yes, deny their children an education that we pay for via taxes.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 AM
n/a

Washington needs an enema, or we are doomed. Trump has the hose. This is it. We need to take our country back.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:48 AM
n/a

Default Up to TODAY voter registrations in Sumter County.

Sumter County Supervisor of Elections > Home
Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, you do not feel we should obey our laws? If you don't like our laws, why not change them, instead of encouraging criminal activity of breaking our federal laws?

We have laws for a reason. They serve a purpose of maintaining an orderly and fair society. I guess you have no problem if someone breaks into your home while you are gone and then refuses to leave after you get back. Perhaps your neighbors will say that those folks are better neighbors than you and demand that they be allowed to stay in your home. Perhaps even insist that you pay for the utilities and provide food for them to live on.
I was picking the new immigrant group I like best. I said I like Mexicans over those from the Mideast. I am allowed to like one kind better than another. I think when Mexicans break the laws it is for getting drunk...but ...you can figure out the rest. Think of Boston and Orlando and ..............
Old 10-28-2016, 11:32 AM
n/a

Over 10% of Florida's votes have been cast so far. As of yesterday. And so far, it Republicans voting twice as many as Dems. Strange, usually early voting goes mostly to Dems. Is this a new secret strategy on their part?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Over 10% of Florida's votes have been cast so far. As of yesterday. And so far, it Republicans voting twice as many as Dems. Strange, usually early voting goes mostly to Dems. Is this a new secret strategy on their part?
As usual Republicans ignore the facts, really Reps double than Dems, try again. There have only been 6,000 (0.3% of the vote) more registered Reps than Dems who have voted so far. So Rep early voting is down from 2008 when 6.8% of Reps voted early by now.

Poor Trump is going to lose Florida and poor Reps are going to have to kiss Hillary's a** for at least 4 years, ha ha
Old 10-28-2016, 12:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
As usual Republicans ignore the facts, really Reps double than Dems, try again. There have only been 6,000 (0.3% of the vote) more registered Reps than Dems who have voted so far. So Rep early voting is down from 2008 when 6.8% of Reps voted early by now.

Poor Trump is going to lose Florida and poor Reps are going to have to kiss Hillary's a** for at least 4 years, ha ha
Actually, the vote percentage is, in round numbers......and this is as of just a few hours ago

....33 % of all votes to be cast in Florida have been cast

.....total of 31 million votes

.....as of this morning....only 30 thousand votes seperate the two parties.

Wondering how many split ballots, ie....Repubs going for Clinton or Dems for Trump
Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually, the vote percentage is, in round numbers......and this is as of just a few hours ago

....33 % of all votes to be cast in Florida have been cast

.....total of 31 million votes

.....as of this morning....only 30 thousand votes seperate the two parties.

Wondering how many split ballots, ie....Repubs going for Clinton or Dems for Trump
I am a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary. My husband a registered republican voted for Hillary. My friend's husband who last voted for a Democrat was JFK and he voted for Hillary. There is no way of knowing who people are voting for until the results are announce election night.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary. My husband a registered republican voted for Hillary. My friend's husband who last voted for a Democrat was JFK and he voted for Hillary. There is no way of knowing who people are voting for until the results are announce election night.
You are right. It will be interesting when all is done and we hear what happens on split ballots, but I have heard a number of stories similar.

My info on numbers early voting is accurate. My source is impeccable.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:46 PM
n/a

Drain the swamp
Old 10-28-2016, 12:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Drain the swamp
Explain what this means please.

Are you saying that you endorse the Republican candidate be elected and then "drain" other Republicans who control congress ?

Just never understood what it actually means.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Explain what this means please.

Are you saying that you endorse the Republican candidate be elected and then "drain" other Republicans who control congress ?

Just never understood what it actually means.
Hmmm. Drain the swamp...........

I think it means that many of us want to be free of the tyranny of political correctness and being pushed around by the liberal press. I think it means that the hard working class who in some cases have become wealthy because of that practice are sick of being criticized for their traditional views. I think it means that we would like to steer clear of those who would allow dangerous terrorists into this country when we are at war with them. I think it means that we are tired of subsidizing druggies and thugs.

Tags
florida, long, polls, lines

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.