It Looks Like The Savior Of The GOP

Old 05-18-2011, 02:34 PM
n/a

Default It Looks Like The Savior Of The GOP

is not doing so well as of late. Anyone have Jeb Bush's phone number?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...HZbMkAzTwuEyKI
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 PM
n/a

GOP savior? I don't think the GOP needs as savior. You do understand that Republican governor Chris Christie was elected in one of the most overwhelmingly Democrat states in the nation? He has lost none of his core support and it's the wishy washy moderates who blow with the wind that are starting to forget why they kicked the Democrats out of the statehouse to begin with.

This means nothing in the scheme of things to his national standings.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 PM
n/a

Default Those moderates are the key to the election

[QUOTE=RichieLion;355302]GOP savior? I don't think the GOP needs as savior. You do understand that Republican governor Chris Christie was elected in one of the most overwhelmingly Democrat states in the nation? He has lost none of his core support and it's the wishy washy moderates who blow with the wind that are starting to forget why they kicked the Democrats out of the statehouse to begin with.

This means nothing in the scheme of things to his national standings.[/QUOTE

If you honestly think that any of the Republican candidates, announced or otherwise, has a serious shot of beating Obama in 2012, you are living in a fantasy world. Why do you think there are almost nightly news reports detailing how dissatisfied Republican powerbrokers are with the current crop of candidates?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:53 PM
n/a

Hallelujah!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:09 PM
n/a

I think that we have had enough BUSH in the white house to last a long time.

As to the current crop, well ??????????? who really cares, neither party will change anything. Bochner Baby is going to cave on the debt ceiling, Polesi will get her way and get on the committee. They are all just lining their own pockets. Nothing will change until we get rid of the whole group that is currently running up the debt and care nothing about the constitution.

Maybe some of you on this forum should read that document. Might just learn something. Like how none of the current crop of pols really care about that piece of paper. That was proven when Obama produced his long form birth certificate. Google, native born vs natural born. Might just learn something.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
n/a

[quote=actor;355303]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
GOP savior? I don't think the GOP needs as savior. You do understand that Republican governor Chris Christie was elected in one of the most overwhelmingly Democrat states in the nation? He has lost none of his core support and it's the wishy washy moderates who blow with the wind that are starting to forget why they kicked the Democrats out of the statehouse to begin with.

This means nothing in the scheme of things to his national standings.[/QUOTE

If you honestly think that any of the Republican candidates, announced or otherwise, has a serious shot of beating Obama in 2012, you are living in a fantasy world. Why do you think there are almost nightly news reports detailing how dissatisfied Republican powerbrokers are with the current crop of candidates?
Glad you think so. Stay tuned.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:28 PM
n/a

Default It looks like The Savior of the GOP

I read where Obama Obama upset about the restoration of First Amendment rights by the Supreme Court (Citizens United) attempted to negate it in
2010 but failed again in passing the Disclose Act. Now Obama has ordered the IRS to tax 501 (c) (4) claiming such donations are subject to gift taxes consideration. Guess what organizations Obama is targeting with this political weapon Crossroads GPS and Americans for Prosperity. While it would
hit people like George Soros who would play it up as nonpartisanship it is clear that Dems want to deter Republican campaign funding while Unions continue unhampered to fund Dem candidates.

Why is it that we like to ue poll numbers when we believe they are in our favor and discount them when they are not? Polls can be manipulated just as employee/customer surveys. Christie is in a blue state that is heavily unionized. He is hitting an agressive establishment headon so one would not be surprised that his poll numbers are not lower. But give it time when Christie works through the pain people will be singing his praise. Give himcredit for his intestinal fortitude.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
is not doing so well as of late. Anyone have Jeb Bush's phone number?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...HZbMkAzTwuEyKI
Why do you and Dale care so much about potential Republican nominees. You know you're going to vote Democrat no matter who is running.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
n/a

[quote=RichieLion;355322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post

Glad you think so. Stay tuned.
<bookmark>
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bookmarked. lol.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 AM
n/a

Default Just Wait

The polls are going to show overwhelming disapproval when our Congress...or those who lend to us, those who fund our irresponsible spending...finally do the inevitable slashing of government programs, defense and entitlements and probably increase taxes.

Again I'll say, do the arithmetic, it can't be accomplished any other way. When it happens we'll all be very unhappy. And it won't make any difference which of our political parties happens to be in power at the time. It'll make the unhappiness in Wisconsin and New Jersey look like child's play.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 AM
n/a

As much as Bill Maher's increasingly cynical attitude is rubbing me the wrong way, he DID come up with a graphic that might finally get people to understand the budgetary problem. It was a big plate of food with heaping servings of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese representing Defense, Social Security and Medicare. There was a baby carrot, a couple of slices of radish and a parsley leaf representing Discretionary Spending. He basically said that we're only slicing the baby carrot and until we start paring the chicken, potatoes and mac & cheese, we're not going to make progress.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
n/a

I just hope that Richie and all the other Reactionary Right can get used to another 4 years of Democrat (Obama) as President.

Their Reactionary Right has just not made the grade and the thinking Americans see it clearly.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I just hope that Richie and all the other Reactionary Right can get used to another 4 years of Democrat (Obama) as President.

Their Reactionary Right has just not made the grade and the thinking Americans see it clearly.
Gee, I'm so honored that you singled me out in your shout out to the "reactionary right". It makes me blush that you think about me so much.

I also love over confident opponents in any aspect of my life. Surprises usually abound.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
n/a

Just so that you know there will be NO 2012 election. By that time martial law will be declared either from a man made disaster (DHS defination) or a natural disaster, looks like the Mississippi River flood could be a good one to use. Either way it won't matter for by then the country will be broke and we will all be on food stamps which will be worthless as there will be nothing to buy with them.

The Treasury is now taking funds from the Federal pension system to pay our bills. How long do you think it will be before they come for private pension funds.

This is from an Independent, I don't care which party you claim, both are crooks, liars and need to be replaced.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.