Looks like she just Googled.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:10 AM
n/a

Default Looks like she just Googled.

Melania Trump Gets Skewered on Social Media After Republican Convention Speech - NBC News

From the vantage point of a librarian, this really angers me and it is so easy to check.

I do not think many 3rd graders would like that they could get away with this.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:21 AM
n/a

Even the repub pundits on tv think she did. I guess cheating runs in the family.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:47 AM
n/a

Campaign denies Melania Trump's speech plagiarizes parts of Michelle Obama's - CNNPolitics.com

Seems kind of obvious that she listened or read Michelle Obama's speech quite recently or whoever wrote Melania Trump's speech did.

What kind of role model is this for kids???
Old 07-19-2016, 07:07 AM
n/a

Here are the Best Reactions to Melania Trump Plagiarizing Michelle Obama's Speech | Mother Jones

Many of these memes are quite funny.

Where's Rubio when you really need him??
Old 07-19-2016, 07:55 AM
n/a

Did Melania Trump plagiarize Michelle Obama's 2008 speech? - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Does not look like she can just blame the speech writer as it seems she "wrote" the speech herself.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:09 AM
n/a

No comparison with her statement that 10 years ago she became an American citizen, "the greatest honor on the planet" contrasted with Michelle's whining that this was the first time she was proud of her country because her husband had been nominated. She spoke about her parents and her upbringing and the values she is trying to pass on to her son....i think she did a fabulous job!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
No comparison with her statement that 10 years ago she became an American citizen, "the greatest honor on the planet" contrasted with Michelle's whining that this was the first time she was proud of her country because her husband had been nominated. She spoke about her parents and her upbringing and the values she is trying to pass on to her son....i think she did a fabulous job!
This may hurt the campaign. It is Donald Trump and his fans though who do not seem to care that Trump is dishonest to the core.

More facts are coming to light about the speech and it sounds like Mrs. Trump did not really want to speak and the speechwriter is probably the person who stole Michelle Obama's expression of ideas.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 AM
n/a

What difference does it make, it sure looks better coming from her than Michelle!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Melania Trump Gets Skewered on Social Media After Republican Convention Speech - NBC News

From the vantage point of a librarian, this really angers me and it is so easy to check.

I do not think many 3rd graders would like that they could get away with this.
If it was the same speech, Melania presented it better (and actually believes what she said).
Old 07-19-2016, 08:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Campaign denies Melania Trump's speech plagiarizes parts of Michelle Obama's - CNNPolitics.com

Seems kind of obvious that she listened or read Michelle Obama's speech quite recently or whoever wrote Melania Trump's speech did.

What kind of role model is this for kids???
And you think Hillary's spouse is a better role model for kids.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Old 07-19-2016, 09:46 AM
n/a

Michelle Obama was given a free pass on her plagiarism. After all, those same words have been used many times over the past hundred years, AND our supposed resident librarian above should be able to attest to that. If not, try using Google and you will see those same sayings used over and over again, and many times anonymously. Even though many others have also been given credit for those sayings. Guess Michelle learned how to plagiarize also. Since I am not voting for the spouse of the candidate, I really don't care what she said. At least she is much better to look at than Michelle.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 AM
n/a

There is just no bottom to how deep and low the Libs on this site will delve into but female anger is just that way .
Old 07-19-2016, 10:37 AM
n/a

The similar sayings she used have been around for over a hundred years. Anyone with Google can find these words that have been quoted over and over again in political speeches down to graduation speeches. It's hardly a big deal that even Michelle with a supposed big time ivy league diploma used someone else's words. At least Mrs. Trump did not say she is FINALLY proud to be an American. It appears she has been proud ever since she took the oath to become an American citizen. I have been to many of my relatives' and friends' swearing in as citizens and I know exactly how proud they really are. Unlike the Obamas, these folks do not take being an American for granted. Unlike the Obamas, these folks do not, did not use Affirmative Action to get where they are. Unlike Obama they didn't falsely say "work hard to achieve your dreams." Unlike Obama, they do not say everyone deserves an equal status regardless of ability and motivation.

Mrs.Trump is not going to get my vote. Mr. Trump will get my vote. We are lucky that he is bringing a classy, good looking wife back to the White House. It's been almost 8 years since we have had any class in the White House.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 AM
n/a

Cite your sources.

Tags
easy, googled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.