Stop calling Donald Trump a Christian.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:42 AM
n/a

Default Stop calling Donald Trump a Christian.

NC pastor to Trump supporters: Stop calling Trump a Christian—he's everything Jesus stood against

Trump is as about Christian as Herod.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM
n/a

Default You are at best confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Whether YOU like it or not THE FIRST AMENDMENT to the constitution outlaws a state religion.

The first ten Amendments to the constitution is termed THE BILL OF RIGHTS and they were placed in order of importance.

YOU are clearly anti Trump. To this end you have BASTARDIZED religion.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Whether YOU like it or not THE FIRST AMENDMENT to the constitution outlaws a state religion.

The first ten Amendments to the constitution is termed THE BILL OF RIGHTS and they were placed in order of importance.

YOU are clearly anti Trump. To this end you have BASTARDIZED religion.
How have I bastardized religion? And like it or not just about all the US Presidents up until now have been "Christian" in the words they speak anyway. Rarely in action. The Clintons and Obama were not appealing to the Christian voters. Donald Trump was and he has about the same morals as William Jefferson Clinton or maybe even quite a bit worse.

I am pointing out hypocrisy. I am a Lutheran and think that each should be able to read The Bible and other religious works and make up his or her mind without the state or anyone else interfering in the man to God relationship. Trump also seems to think that God chose him rather than the voters. The voters actually chose Clinton. The Electoral College picked Trump.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 PM
n/a

I don't like the title of this thread. I think it is just pot stirring.

I doubt if many have the right to judge another's religious actions or choices. If one does believe in God, that is God's job.

There are many good men who use street language when they are together. There are many good people who have been married more than once. How people conduct their lives is their business unless it is illegal. And then the government is allowed to be judgmental.

Personally I am skeptical about all folks who put on the hat of any popular and outspoken evangelists. Billy Graham, I liked him. And Pope Francis. The rest are too often NOT what they appear. Nor are many of us.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Excuse me, but did God go on vacation and leave this pastor in charge? If so, I guess many of us did not get that memo.

Free speech allows each of us to have an opinion, yes opinion, of who is what. It also allows us to voice our opinions, just as you voiced yours comparing President Trump to Herod. I, and for that matter you, am not on this earth to decide who is and who is not a Christian. That is between them and God, not some preacher or us. When God needs such a judge as to who is and who isn't a Christian, maybe this pastor can be the first to put in his application for the position. Meanwhile, he should be there to preach the Gospel, not rewrite it. He, too, is entitled to an opinion, but not to make that opinion a commandment.

Remember, Jerimiah Wright was a pastor, too.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:19 PM
n/a

Actually he's a self proclaimed atheist. Although he is a cultural Christian.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Excuse me, but did God go on vacation and leave this pastor in charge? If so, I guess many of us did not get that memo.

Free speech allows each of us to have an opinion, yes opinion, of who is what. It also allows us to voice our opinions, just as you voiced yours comparing President Trump to Herod. I, and for that matter you, am not on this earth to decide who is and who is not a Christian. That is between them and God, not some preacher or us. When God needs such a judge as to who is and who isn't a Christian, maybe this pastor can be the first to put in his application for the position. Meanwhile, he should be there to preach the Gospel, not rewrite it. He, too, is entitled to an opinion, but not to make that opinion a commandment.

Remember, Jerimiah Wright was a pastor, too.
You are not getting this. Donald Trump ran as a Christian even though it sounded like he had rarely even gone to a Church service as he got how you say One Corinthians wrong. I do not care what most politicians have as their religions. I care about their policies and how well they follow the dictates of the US Constitution.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
You are not getting this. Donald Trump ran as a Christian even though it sounded like he had rarely even gone to a Church service as he got how you say One Corinthians wrong. I do not care what most politicians have as their religions. I care about their policies and how well they follow the dictates of the US Constitution.

You're not getting it. He won. Spilled
milk not worth discussing.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Right out of the chute your wrong . Christ taught us to love and to look for the good in all men. It seems progressives only goal is to demonize, unfairly I might add, Trump and his family. Based on the unkind names and actions of progressives the hatred they spew forth toward Trump and his family clearly points to un-christian behavior. "People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks. " "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-12-2017, 04:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Right out of the chute your wrong . Christ taught us to love and to look for the good in all men. It seems progressives only goal is to demonize, unfairly I might add, Trump and his family. Based on the unkind names and actions of progressives the hatred they spew forth toward Trump and his family clearly points to un-christian behavior. "People who live in glass houses should not throw rocks. " "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Personal Best Regards:
Unfairly demonize Trump? That's kind of hard given his life story. His family members are another story and different people than Donald John Trump who basically insulted, lied and conned his way into the White House.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
You're not getting it. He won. Spilled
milk not worth discussing.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
I did not vote for Trump based on his religion. I did NOT vote for Hillary BECAUSE she is a felon waiting to be convicted. Hillary is also a traitor, that purposely mishandled sensitive to classified information, and likely got Americans killed because of her personal reasons for her actions. Probably greed.
In my opinion, Trump is more "Christian-like" than Hillary, but that is not the reason he was elected.

Trump was elected for the reasons he is projecting right now. If the left can't accept that, then that is their personal problem. No one cares if an atheist leftard thinks that one of us does not fit their higher standard that they insist we maintain. When a baby cries, you have a choice. Either give them a bottle or let them cry. In this case, let the babies cry. They are fat with all the FREE bottles we have given them.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
I did not vote for Trump based on his religion. I did NOT vote for Hillary BECAUSE she is a felon waiting to be convicted. Hillary is also a traitor, that purposely mishandled sensitive to classified information, and likely got Americans killed because of her personal reasons for her actions. Probably greed.
In my opinion, Trump is more "Christian-like" than Hillary, but that is not the reason he was elected.

Trump was elected for the reasons he is projecting right now. If the left can't accept that, then that is their personal problem. No one cares if an atheist leftard thinks that one of us does not fit their higher standard that they insist we maintain. When a baby cries, you have a choice. Either give them a bottle or let them cry. In this case, let the babies cry. They are fat with all the FREE bottles we have given them.
Like bombing an airfield with 59 missiles so that the airfield can be up an running 24 hours after that. Multiple scandals just about every week? Anne Frank Center Calls On Trump To 'Fire Sean Spicer Now'
Old 04-12-2017, 08:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
There are a lot of people who call themselves Christian, but few saints. It isn't our job to review another person's religion unless they have broken a law, such as killing someone who doesn't belong to their faith because they DON'T belong to their faith.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
There are a lot of people who call themselves Christian, but few saints. It isn't our job to review another person's religion unless they have broken a law, such as killing someone who doesn't belong to their faith because they DON'T belong to their faith.
He is President of the United States!!! His views on just about anything matter.

Tags
stop, christian, trump, donald, calling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.