if not listening, not learning, and NOT leading

Old 02-02-2017, 07:23 AM
n/a

Default if not listening, not learning, and NOT leading

This message on CBS this morning, which should apply to rioters in Berkeley, our congress and ultimately the potus!
Old 02-02-2017, 07:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
This message on CBS this morning, which should apply to rioters in Berkeley, our congress and ultimately the potus!
While I support the Berkley students right to protest an editor of white nationalism and fake news, they lose their impact and influence...by choosing to destroy property.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
While I support the Berkley students right to protest an editor of white nationalism and fake news, they lose their impact and influence...by choosing to destroy property.
One needs to look at the core participants to get a feel for the source of the rioting and destruction of property.

The media does not do any subject any constructive value adding when it focuses upon the event itself and not the surrounding area. Just like a movie scene where the cameras are focused on the fighting and blowing things up while the public life in general 50 feet away goes on as usual.

The media portray what they want to be portrayed and what they want to be the story......they are looking at the incidents through a straw and presenting it with the sense of a worldide impacting drama........only for the bobble head types anyway.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
One needs to look at the core participants to get a feel for the source of the rioting and destruction of property.

The media does not do any subject any constructive value adding when it focuses upon the event itself and not the surrounding area. Just like a movie scene where the cameras are focused on the fighting and blowing things up while the public life in general 50 feet away goes on as usual.

The media portray what they want to be portrayed and what they want to be the story......they are looking at the incidents through a straw and presenting it with the sense of a worldide impacting drama........only for the bobble head types anyway.
EXACTLY...it's best to just turn it off...especially the "news" which is mostly fake propaganda.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
EXACTLY...it's best to just turn it off...especially the "news" which is mostly fake propaganda.
Everyone who posts like this, I ask the same question.....where do you get your news ?

All these advocates of not paying attention to the media lead you to believe they simply absorp things....where do you get your news ?

The statement blaming the news for giving facts is ludicrious.

If you don't agree with certain commentators, then do not watch them...they are NOT giving you news and having an agenda.

Maddox, Hannity for example do not even pretend to give you news. They have an agenda.

We seem to have lost the simple art of reading, investigating and insuring we know both sides before making up our mind.

And may I add. The major networks do not deal in fake news, the main papers do not deal with fake news.

The Russian perfection of fake news is something, certain Americans for whatever reason want to embrace.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Everyone who posts like this, I ask the same question.....where do you get your news ?

All these advocates of not paying attention to the media lead you to believe they simply absorp things....where do you get your news ?

The statement blaming the news for giving facts is ludicrious.

If you don't agree with certain commentators, then do not watch them...they are NOT giving you news and having an agenda.

Maddox, Hannity for example do not even pretend to give you news. They have an agenda.

We seem to have lost the simple art of reading, investigating and insuring we know both sides before making up our mind.

And may I add. The major networks do not deal in fake news, the main papers do not deal with fake news.

The Russian perfection of fake news is something, certain Americans for whatever reason want to embrace.
Hannity is NOT news. Never claimed to be news. I think that many confuse commentary with news. Most of evening to night FOX cable is commentary, not news. Half of the day is dedicated to talk shows and commentary.

I also believe that many do not realize that most news stations, including FOX utilize AP and Reuters news feeds. The reason some of the main stream news media do not broadcast some news reports is because a lot of it can be perverted into a political issues.

Where the networks get into trouble is when they try to put a political spin on news. When they insert their opinion, the often get into trouble by warping the facts by their opinion.

Tags
berkeley, rioters, congress, potus, ultimately

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.