In the matter of war

Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 AM
n/a

Default In the matter of war

To those brave fighting men and women a reaffirmation on this Memorial Day

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth war , is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purpose of a master, such a war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice--is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing in which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing when need is, to do battle for one against the other.

John Stuart Mills (circa 1862)

To my cousin Tom who after serving 4 years in the Air Force
reenlisted and volunteered two tours of duty in Viet Nam and died in service for his fellow man. God Rest Your Soul Tom

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-30-2016, 04:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth war , is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purpose of a master, such a war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice--is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing in which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing when need is, to do battle for one against the other.

reenlisted and volunteered two tours of duty in Viet Nam and died in service for his fellow man. God Rest Your Soul Tom

Personal Best Regards:
AMEN! Thank GOD for patriots.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Quote:
AMEN! Thank GOD for patriots.
No, it's rubbish...to convince you to die in a political/banker "war". Go ahead and believe their propaganda, be a sucker.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
No, it's rubbish...to convince you to die in a political/banker "war". Go ahead and believe their propaganda, be a sucker.
Read my mind. I am saying something rude and vulgar toward you, that I can't say on here. I am sure you get told this stuff all the time, but I am sure that it never sinks in.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:56 AM
n/a

Please tell us what good came out of having over 58,000 Americans die fighting in a civil war. Oh yeah, the USA had to withdraw their troops in defeat to a "third world country".

Americans were dying on the ground while Kissenger and other diplomats were trying to decide the shape of the conference table in Paris.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Read my mind. I am saying something rude and vulgar toward you, that I can't say on here. I am sure you get told this stuff all the time, but I am sure that it never sinks in.
By some misinformed people, yes. By those who are truly open minded, informed, no.

Being a "patriot" isn't about following the leader and their orders. Our "leaders" are all vicious psychopaths. Hillary or Trump will be no different. That's what a powerful political position attracts.

Being a "patriot" is looking out for the "people" in general, looking out for your culture. Being a "patriot" is trying the stop the 3rd worlding of this once great place to live. You're giving it all away...to them...they'll destroy it...they ALWAYS do.

But you'll call me names and quicken the demise of America.

Quote:
Please tell us what good came out of having over 58,000 Americans die fighting in a civil war. Oh yeah, the USA had to withdraw their troops in defeat to a "third world country".

Americans were dying on the ground while Kissenger and other diplomats were trying to decide the shape of the conference table in Paris.
Because the PEOPLE of Vietnam, BOTH sides, saw the U.S. as the bad guy. You can't police a nation where EVERYONE hates you. They knew this in the past, that's why the entire conquered population was either killed or enslaved. We try to fight wars "civilly", it doesn't work.

What good came from OUR Civil War where you can add a zero to the death toll. Blacks were freed? That hasn't worked out well, has it? 150 years and they're worse off than they were. We are too, dragging them along as dead weight.

You think the "blackening" of our society has been a good thing? Rap "music" is good? The inner city ghettos are good? Integrating white schools is good? ANY diversity is good? Where? Show me how things, anything, improved after "going black".
Old 05-30-2016, 10:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
By some misinformed people, yes. By those who are truly open minded, informed, no.

Being a "patriot" isn't about following the leader and their orders. Our "leaders" are all vicious psychopaths. Hillary or Trump will be no different. That's what a powerful political position attracts.

Being a "patriot" is looking out for the "people" in general, looking out for your culture. Being a "patriot" is trying the stop the 3rd worlding of this once great place to live. You're giving it all away...to them...they'll destroy it...they ALWAYS do.

Because the PEOPLE of Vietnam, BOTH sides, saw the U.S. as the bad guy. You can't police a nation where EVERYONE hates you. They knew this in the past, that's why the entire conquered population was either killed or enslaved. We try to fight wars "civilly", it doesn't work.

What good came from OUR Civil War where you can add a zero to the death toll. Blacks were freed? That hasn't worked out well, has it? 150 years and they're worse off than they were. We are too, dragging them along as dead weight.

You think the "blackening" of our society has been a good thing? Rap "music" is good? The inner city ghettos are good? Integrating white schools is good? ANY diversity is good? Where? Show me how things, anything, improved after "going black".
You are a pathetic, pitiful and miserable person. But, you already know that. I've thought about your comments and have concluded that you are home bound with no means to leave your house. You probably haven't seen the sunshine in years and have no faith or goals in your life. You are so miserable that no one even wishes to visit you. That's the reason you strike out on here, hoping like our liberal troll to get some reaction, some recognition that someone might see you. We see you. Now you can go away.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Then one is to conclude that you would not be the person to watch my 6? You use propaganda that one would expect come from the enemy in hopes of demoralizing a nation's ability to fight. Something like a "Tokyo Rose"

Fortunately for you if this nation needs fighting men you have the freedom to tell them not to interfere with your day's plans. Why? Because good men and women gave treasure and blood for you to have that freedom.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-31-2016, 04:43 AM
n/a

Quote:

Dear Guest: See post #8 if you are so inclined.

Some would agree with the concern you have for this nation but disagree in the manner you express it. I am not intending to be patronizing here, but helpful. Perhaps you need to replace your rancor with mindful prayer as a beginning to constructive thought. Based on your manner of expression this enraged state is not healthy.

Perhaps after some reflection you would see that even in the black community good citizens, religious or spiritual in nature exist and are as offended by the type of people that offend you also. You paint with too broad a brush.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-31-2016, 06:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Then one is to conclude that you would not be the person to watch my 6? You use propaganda that one would expect come from the enemy in hopes of demoralizing a nation's ability to fight. Something like a "Tokyo Rose"

Fortunately for you if this nation needs fighting men you have the freedom to tell them not to interfere with your day's plans. Why? Because good men and women gave treasure and blood for you to have that freedom.

Personal Best Regards:
You miss the point entirely...NOBODY should BE fighting...there hasn't been a legitimate NEED to send people to war in a LONG LONG time.

Quote:
Dear Guest: See post #8 if you are so inclined.

Some would agree with the concern you have for this nation but disagree in the manner you express it. I am not intending to be patronizing here, but helpful. Perhaps you need to replace your rancor with mindful prayer as a beginning to constructive thought. Based on your manner of expression this enraged state is not healthy.

Perhaps after some reflection you would see that even in the black community good citizens, religious or spiritual in nature exist and are as offended by the type of people that offend you also. You paint with too broad a brush.

Personal Best Regards:
I'm sorry if my words aren't "sweet" enough for you and some others. The FACT remains, minorities are destroying and WILL destroy this country within 20-30 years through attrition. They are successfully breeding us out.

Are you going to do something about it or are you going to passively sit there and watch it happen?

Are little minority children more important then your children and grandchildren? Then why are you propping them up and making it harder for yours?
Old 05-31-2016, 06:45 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Like this post.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:52 AM
n/a

Quote:

The Trump affect. Write whatever you feel like no matter how ugly and hurtful it is to many others.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Trump affect. Write whatever you feel like no matter how ugly and hurtful it is to many others.
He's not a follower of Trump. He hates everyone equally. He thinks it will all get better with a liberal libertarian elected. What a joke!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
If the truth is ugly and hurtful to you...it's because you believe lies.

Quote:
He's not a follower of Trump. He hates everyone equally. He thinks it will all get better with a liberal libertarian elected. What a joke!
Only those who try to rule and/or feed off of others.

The joke is thinking that things will get better when "our guy" gets elected...if he's a D or R.

A libertarian, not necessarily a Libertarian could only help.

You think Trump will be elected if he's not playing ball? It'll never happen.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
If the truth is ugly and hurtful to you...it's because you believe lies.

Only those who try to rule and/or feed off of others.

The joke is thinking that things will get better when "our guy" gets elected...if he's a D or R.

A libertarian, not necessarily a Libertarian could only help.

You think Trump will be elected if he's not playing ball? It'll never happen.
And it's your clown Johnson that will give the country to the Clintons again.....the blatant criminals that hate America.

Tags
human, people, service, war, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.