In the matter of war

Old 06-01-2016, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Cry for them as a banker makes another million dollar bonus.
What is you opinion on Dwight D. Eisenhower's Military-Industrial Complex Speech in 1961.

Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower,

Was Eisenhauer being cryptic? Who are the members of the Complex?
Old 06-01-2016, 10:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why? What did he say that wasn't true?

As usual, another of the "catch-all" words. Words like troll, racist, misogynist, homophobe...all used to end an argument you have no hope of winning. When you run out of "ammunition" and the other has just gotten started...

Whatever dude...think what you want, rational discussion be damned, the truth be damned. Keep sending your kids and their kids to fight political wars that enrich others. Cry for them as a banker makes another million dollar bonus.
When a poster twists what another says, just to bait them, that is trolling. If you don't like being called out on it, then don't do it. If you don't agree with something someone says, either ignore it refute it with facts or go away. You don't taunt the other persons on the forum just to get attention. That's childish.

Another reason that parents don't allow children to participate in discussions between adults. They are not yet mature enough.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Get the tin foil hats out, we are being bombed with alien brainwashing radiation. This guy supposedly served 40 years of gov service and now says he doesn't like it. Buddy, you have hit the way with your head way too many times.

No supposedly to it. Has nothing to do with being prepared. It's about waste and most political wars are waste of resources and manpower. Don't mean we who served didn't do our jobs or what we were told to do. But , we don't have to like it war that is. By the who would like war? Most people that have brain don't, do what has to be done to get through it.

O by the way, 40 years never a day late for work with nothing but outstanding performance reports. I done my job and earned every penny! Save the tin fold hats for the politicans and the pencil pushers.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:51 PM
n/a

Why is it called a Tin Foil Hat if it's made out of aluminum? Maybe that guy that likes to look things up could spend the afternoon working on that one.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why is it called a Tin Foil Hat if it's made out of aluminum? Maybe that guy that likes to look things up could spend the afternoon working on that one.
Good point.

How do you feel about going to a doctor that is "practicing" medicine?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Life is not as simple as you would like to believe!
You obviously are young and have not had much life experience!
You're correct of course, it's full of lies and deceit...more commonly called...politics.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Good point.

How do you feel about going to a doctor that is "practicing" medicine?
They let you two out alone? Who cuts your meat?

Tin Foil came first, it was replaced with cheaper aluminum foil later...the name stuck.

Please tell me you don't vote or drive...
Old 06-01-2016, 07:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
What is you opinion on Dwight D. Eisenhower's Military-Industrial Complex Speech in 1961.

Eisenhower is dead isn't he? But, they made a decent Rec Center named after him.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
They let you two out alone? Who cuts your meat?

Tin Foil came first, it was replaced with cheaper aluminum foil later...the name stuck.

Please tell me you don't vote or drive...
I don't know about the other guy you speak of but at least unlike you, I don't need someone else to tie my shoes for me. Can't you take a bit of levity, or is that stick too far up there..
Old 06-01-2016, 10:02 PM
n/a

Quote:

You can watch the speech you are referencing on You Tube .
Something interesting about Eisenhower ---- he held a press conference every single Tuesday Morning . He did not use any notes he made himself fully available to the press and took questions from anyone . Very few were televised by the then 3 networks .
To date no president has held as many such conferences as Eisenhower .
Old 06-02-2016, 03:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
You can watch the speech you are referencing on You Tube .
Something interesting about Eisenhower ---- he held a press conference every single Tuesday Morning . He did not use any notes he made himself fully available to the press and took questions from anyone . Very few were televised by the then 3 networks .
To date no president has held as many such conferences as Eisenhower .
Just my opinion, but I think that we see way too much of this president on TV, whether talk programs or comedy, and even reality TV. This one believes he is the soul/center of entertainment every time he speaks in front of a group. Sarcastic, condescending, glib and slapstick every time a camera is on him. He was a big mistake that I fully blame on the liberals, free loaders of this country.

But, all that aside I would rather that the president is seen less in the media and present an image of being party-less when he does speak. Since he is elected as leader of ALL the people, not just the Democrats or the radical left. This one would have been accepted better if he was not so divisive.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Just my opinion, but I think that we see way too much of this president on TV, whether talk programs or comedy, and even reality TV. This one believes he is the soul/center of entertainment every time he speaks in front of a group. Sarcastic, condescending, glib and slapstick every time a camera is on him. He was a big mistake that I fully blame on the liberals, free loaders of this country.

But, all that aside I would rather that the president is seen less in the media and present an image of being party-less when he does speak. Since he is elected as leader of ALL the people, not just the Democrats or the radical left. This one would have been accepted better if he was not so divisive.
So imagine Donald Trump as President.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
So imagine Donald Trump as President.
Somehow images of a "Crazy Eddie" commercial comes to mind...

"I'll do this...and I'll do that!" I'll fix EVERYTHING! These policies are INSANE!

You just lend me the money...
Old 06-02-2016, 07:44 AM
n/a

In the matters of war?

How will Trump handle North Korea or any other crises as it erupts?

How is he handling the PGA because they won't play at his course?

PGA said due to his politics they can't get sponsors this year but maybe next year.
What is his reaction? anything but cool, clam and collected He can't keep the lid on with a wimpy PGA group.

He told the PGA they better have kidnapping insurance if they move it to Mexico. Don't cross him. He said he never forgives and never forgets. That's not the personality you want in the oval office.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
In the matters of war?

How will Trump handle North Korea or any other crises as it erupts?

How is he handling the PGA because they won't play at his course?

PGA said due to his politics they can't get sponsors this year but maybe next year.
What is his reaction? anything but cool, clam and collected He can't keep the lid on with a wimpy PGA group.

He told the PGA they better have kidnapping insurance if they move it to Mexico. Don't cross him. He said he never forgives and never forgets. That's not the personality you want in the oval office.
The same way ALL past presidents have...they'll do as they're told.

The PGA thing is all BS and propaganda. Just like NASCAR "banning" the Confederate Flag. As soon as the flack goes away, so do their "principles".

I hear kidnapping IS a problem in Mexico. It's #28 on their list of best ways to make an easy peso. Better study up on Mexico, it'll be annexing the U.S. soon.

Tags
human, people, service, war, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.