Is McCain a Conservative??

Old 02-24-2008, 02:35 PM
n/a

Default Re: Is McCain a Conservative??

Excellent point! That's why they have an 11% satisfactory rating....we need to start over there too.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:34 PM
n/a

I2rideHD and Jurek: I thought we were going to stop the name calling? Didn't you get the memo? As for McCain, I was watching HardBall this morning and Dan Rather made an interesting comment. He said that the reporter and editor that approved this story in the New York Times are very highly rated professionals. He went on to say that journalists of this echelon would never go forward with this at this time unless they had solid information to back it up and also more followup stories to run. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd
All excellent points Muncle. Probably the biggest one is the supreme court appointments. Still not comfortable he would do the right thing there, but maybe a little better than Hilarious Rotten Clinton or Osama Obama
I rest my case on this one. Look up the other for yourself. I have never called McCain a disrespectful name and and I really don't think you want me to start.

I AM informed and I knew the Dan Rather thing would come back at me, but I thought it was an interesting comment, so I went out on the limb. I think it's clear by now that I'm not afraid to take chances. I guess we should agree to disagree.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
n/a

Chels, giving all the benefit of the doubt, the namecalling was done before my post. So, let's hope it stops.

And Livingston, does it make it right because the media have called our politicians these names? Namecalling is namecalling no matter who does it. My daughter was yanked inside when I heard her call a classmate a name. She didn't even know what she was saying was mean, she thought it was funny and actually affectionate. Didn't matter to me. It was wrong and I told her why it was wrong.

If there is anyone here whose parents didn't say, "if so and so jumped, would you, too?" or "just because the whole school does it doesn't make it right" or words to that effect, I'll eat every hat I own (and I collect baseball caps). What is the difference between that and justifying saying something just because the media does it?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
n/a

IT WAS FUNNY. IT WASN'T HARMFUL. I'M DONE TRYING TO BREAK THROUGH THIS BARRIER WITH YOU ALL. HAVE A NICE DAY --- PLEASE
Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 AM
n/a

It's all relative.

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...lay.cfm/49789/
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 AM
n/a

;D I would say the caption on that cartoon should be "How do you make John McCain look like a real loser?" lol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.