Meet Kassem Eid

Old 04-13-2017, 04:53 AM
n/a

Default Meet Kassem Eid

Meet Kassem Eid. Kassem is a survivor of the August 21, 2013 Syrian regime chemical attack. Doctors had given him up for dead but he woke up 30 minutes later screaming in agony and surrounded by corpses. He relates the emotional trauma he experienced watching video of Assad's latest sarin gas attack on his people.

Kassem relates that an even worse moment came when Obama cancelled his red line. Kassem escaped Syria in 2014 and came to America hoping to persuade Obama to stop the genocide. He spent 2 years speaking at think tanks, universities, the State Department, Congress, the Pentagon, and the National Security Council only to conclude that nothing would change Obama's mind.

He now resides in Germany and explains that the Syrian people did not rebel against Assad to gain entry to the United States. They rebelled he explains because they wanted to live as equals in their own country.

Kassem says that Trump did more with one strike against ISIS than Obama did in the previous six years. He thanked Trump for his brave action of striking back against Assad and holding him accountable for his latest massacre of civilians. Kassem holds out hope and encourages Trump to do more to rid his nation of Assad and ISIS.

WSJ 4/12

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Meet Kassem Eid. Kassem is a survivor of the August 21, 2013 Syrian regime chemical attack. Doctors had given him up for dead but he woke up 30 minutes later screaming in agony and surrounded by corpses. He relates the emotional trauma he experienced watching video of Assad's latest sarin gas attack on his people.

Kassem relates that an even worse moment came when Obama cancelled his red line. Kassem escaped Syria in 2014 and came to America hoping to persuade Obama to stop the genocide. He spent 2 years speaking at think tanks, universities, the State Department, Congress, the Pentagon, and the National Security Council only to conclude that nothing would change Obama's mind.

He now resides in Germany and explains that the Syrian people did not rebel against Assad to gain entry to the United States. They rebelled he explains because they wanted to live as equals in their own country.

Kassem says that Trump did more with one strike against ISIS than Obama did in the previous six years. He thanked Trump for his brave action of striking back against Assad and holding him accountable for his latest massacre of civilians. Kassem holds out hope and encourages Trump to do more to rid his nation of Assad and ISIS.

WSJ 4/12

Personal Best Regards:
Maybe you should read the history about why Obama did not do more. We will see what happens. I have little faith in the wisdom of the Donald Trump Administration on Foreign Affairs. The main one of these is Trump's personal history and ties with Putin which is under investigation.

All Trump did is send a warning shot-- probably a $125,000,000 one-- across Assad's ship of state. That's while Putin and his regime support Assad.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe you should read the history about why Obama did not do more. We will see what happens. I have little faith in the wisdom of the Donald Trump Administration on Foreign Affairs. The main one of these is Trump's personal history and ties with Putin which is under investigation.

All Trump did is send a warning shot-- probably a $125,000,000 one-- across Assad's ship of state. That's while Putin and his regime support Assad.
Maybe you should listen to the CNN clip of this gentleman from Syria. It's always refreshing to hear some truth. Unfortunately, the only truth came from Kassem Eid's mouth, not from CNN, but it is a real lesson in how our media continually attempts to manipulate the minds of Americans.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe you should listen to the CNN clip of this gentleman from Syria. It's always refreshing to hear some truth. Unfortunately, the only truth came from Kassem Eid's mouth, not from CNN, but it is a real lesson in how our media continually attempts to manipulate the minds of Americans.
And what about the Syrian refugees? What is Trump doing about them?

Wait this may be good news. Trump Admitting Syrian Refugees At Quicker Pace Than Obama | The Daily Caller

****ed off Ann Coulter-- even better.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Did you even check out the CNN clip that I mentioned??? I think not, or you wouldn't even be asking me that question!! Google Kassem Eid and the clip will come right up......sorry, but I can not link with this device.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 AM
n/a

Quote:

Wait this may be good news. Trump Admitting Syrian Refugees At Quicker Pace Than Obama | The Daily Caller

****ed off Ann Coulter-- even better.
Ok, so you edited/added to your post while I was responding to your original post. But if you view that CNN clip, you will see/hear that the Syrians do not want to be refugees, much like we would not want to flee our homeland by force. This Syrian is grateful for the strike by President Trump because he wants his country back, not have it taken from him and his fellow countrymen and women.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Ok, so you edited/added to your post while I was responding to your original post. But if you view that CNN clip, you will see/hear that the Syrians do not want to be refugees, much like we would not want to flee our homeland by force. This Syrian is grateful for the strike by President Trump because he wants his country back, not have it taken from him and his fellow countrymen and women.
CNN's Brooke Baldwin Gets Schooled By 2013 Syrian Gas Attack Survivor

I see and how is Donald Trump going to do that? At least, Obama and Clinton had some realistic assessment of the problems involved. Trump does not. Show boating with this missile attack which resulted in more planes continuing their bombing of Syrians the next day.

Donald Trump does not know what the $#@^ he is doing. Obama and Clinton actually did and do.

Some of these journalists know a great deal more than Trump about the problems in Syria.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
CNN's Brooke Baldwin Gets Schooled By 2013 Syrian Gas Attack Survivor

I see and how is Donald Trump going to do that? At least, Obama and Clinton had some realistic assessment of the problems involved. Trump does not. Show boating with this missile attack which resulted in more planes continuing their bombing of Syrians the next day.

Donald Trump does not know what the $#@^ he is doing. Obama and Clinton actually did and do.

Some of these journalists know a great deal more than Trump about the problems in Syria.
Thank you for linking that, but sadly I think you have become hopeless. Despite all the efforts on other threads where posters have tried to explain to you the purpose of that attack, you still don't get it. It's not that I think you couldn't get it, but that your hatred for another human being has caused you to think without reason, logic, and your God-given intelligence. You have succumbed to purely ideological thinking.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thank you for linking that, but sadly I think you have become hopeless. Despite all the efforts on other threads where posters have tried to explain to you the purpose of that attack, you still don't get it. It's not that I think you couldn't get it, but that your hatred for another human being has caused you to think without reason, logic, and your God-given intelligence. You have succumbed to purely ideological thinking.
That's horse****. What was the purpose of the attack? To say we will make an effective missile attack in the future? Good luck with that as Russian forces will now be alert to this and may even shoot down these missiles. Trump showed his hand which is week to begin with as far as Syria is concerned especially because of the Trump campaign's now very real connections to Putin.

Your love of Donald Trump blinds you.

And as to the US invading Syria to get rid of Assad I really do not see that happening any time soon nor did Obama nor Clinton. Helping refugees is the better option.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
That's horse****. What was the purpose of the attack? To say we will make an effective missile attack in the future? Good luck with that as Russian forces will now be alert to this and may even shoot down these missiles. Trump showed his hand which is week to begin with as far as Syria is concerned especially because of the Trump campaign's now very real connections to Putin.

Your love of Donald Trump blinds you.

And as to the US invading Syria to get rid of Assad I really do not see that happening any time soon nor did Obama nor Clinton. Helping refugees is the better option.
Surely, you have heard of peace through strength. So it was an attempt at such, I believe. After so many years of seeing the US in a position of weakness, this was not an illogical move to make. Making homes for these refugees in other countries is not going to solve any of the problems we are facing. Maybe help in other ways as Eid suggested, but the solution is not taking in refugees and then ignoring the problem causing it. The President is responsible first, to protect our country and our people. Since we have troops over there,we need to let Syria and others know that this cannot be tolerated. Of course, it is also a human rights stand and if other countries have the guts they should join in. It is the right thing to do. We can only hope and pray that the current refugees being allowed in to the US are being vetted more stringently. I'm sure this strike was not intended to start a war, but to let others know that we will not continue the path of weakness and backtracking of the last 8 years. Again, all this has pretty much been said on other threads, but you continue to ignore that and instead regurgitate the same old stuff - "your love of Trump", "Trump and Russia", etc. Love for Trump does not blind me. I will admit that my vote was more in opposition to the other candidate than for him. I knew a third party vote would not hold water (this time around anyway- maybe some day) and could not in good conscience vote that way. However, I still believe your hatred of him does blind you, as you will not even acknowledge the statement of a Syrian who previously was a victim of a chemical attack.

By the way, to the OP, thank you for posting this. It is a very revealing bit of information from someone who knows from first-hand experience. Great to hear directly from the horse's mouth instead of always having to defer to the opinions of talking heads. Sad that news is just not news anymore.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
For the most part I agree with the above analysis, except he did not "become hopeless"...he was born HOPELESS...

We can not reason with a Wackadoodle!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM
n/a

Quote:

WSJ 4/12

Personal Best Regards:
I am puzzled as to what the meaning of this little story exactly is.

As BUCCO, I began a thread on this specific subject Aug 21, 2013 and was appalledat our failure to act, so I support anything we do, HOWEVER....

Our President has stated very clearly he has no intention of ever trying to topple Assad...EVER.

Thus explain the purpose of this thread.....unless our President changes totally on this subject, Assad is there until he or Putin decides he will go.

Of course the Syrians want some kind of response, but Assad knows he is totally backed by Iran and Russia and he is only going where they tell him.

You can share all the stories you want and it does not even offer up the chance for discussion unless you want a change in US policy. So what is the purpose ?

I do not advocate entering Syria but I surely advocate recognizing that Russia is his prop and as long as we give them a pass, Assad is there to stay and he knows it.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockface
I am puzzled as to what the meaning of this little story exactly is.

As BUCCO, I began a thread on this specific subject Aug 21, 2013 and was appalledat our failure to act, so I support anything we do, HOWEVER....

Our President has stated very clearly he has no intention of ever trying to topple Assad...EVER.

Thus explain the purpose of this thread.....unless our President changes totally on this subject, Assad is there until he or Putin decides he will go.

Of course the Syrians want some kind of response, but Assad knows he is totally backed by Iran and Russia and he is only going where they tell him.

You can share all the stories you want and it does not even offer up the chance for discussion unless you want a change in US policy. So what is the purpose ?

I do not advocate entering Syria but I surely advocate recognizing that Russia is his prop and as long as we give them a pass, Assad is there to stay and he knows it.
Really? That is your thoughts with no copy and paste paragraphs all bolded??

Allow me to unravel your puzzled mind; the meaning of the story is the guy is appreciative towards Trump and the bombing of the Syrian airbase. I know it was tough to figure that out.

Bucco?? You remind me of the Wackadoodle with his 234-567 project, you just love to talk about your PAST. You whine if someone mentions Obamma or Crooked Hillary, pointing out that is the past, and then you go and drag up Bucco...

It might be foolish of us to remove Assad, we could end up with worst. Of course any idiot could surmise that, BUT, you are non stop "Negative Nancy" with regard to Trump, so continue to search out things to whine about.

Yes, Assad is currently backed by Iran and Russia. They don't necessarily agree on all matters (possibly they have different views on gassing their own people, or maybe they like different genres of music), so support can change.

Are you suggesting we should bomb Russia and Iran too? That might be a bit taxing, seeing how we really don't have a reason other than they are supportive of Assad. I doubt that would cause Russia and Iran to be less supportive of Assad...

I noticed you do not have much negative whiny things to say about Iran...
Old 04-13-2017, 12:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Really? That is your thoughts with no copy and paste paragraphs all bolded??

Allow me to unravel your puzzled mind; the meaning of the story is the guy is appreciative towards Trump and the bombing of the Syrian airbase. I know it was tough to figure that out.

Bucco?? You remind me of the Wackadoodle with his 234-567 project, you just love to talk about your PAST. You whine if someone mentions Obamma or Crooked Hillary, pointing out that is the past, and then you go and drag up Bucco...

It might be foolish of us to remove Assad, we could end up with worst. Of course any idiot could surmise that, BUT, you are non stop "Negative Nancy" with regard to Trump, so continue to search out things to whine about.

Yes, Assad is currently backed by Iran and Russia. They don't necessarily agree on all matters (possibly they have different views on gassing their own people, or maybe they like different genres of music), so support can change.

Are you suggesting we should bomb Russia and Iran too? That might be a bit taxing, seeing how we really don't have a reason other than they are supportive of Assad. I doubt that would cause Russia and Iran to be less supportive of Assad...

I noticed you do not have much negative whiny things to say about Iran...
A few notes on your post....

.....I mentioned Iran...did you want a link or a copy paste to read...oh, never mind....READING is asking quite a bit.

.....I posted a thread and a few posts supporting the bombing, I said in that post that I supported it and I defended it.

.....The President in about 72 hours said we did not want to remove Assad, then he changed it and said he must go, and now I think he is back to allowing him to stay. I might add that in the first statement he said he supported Assad

.....I am not sure where you get to say what I suggested. i suggest nothing. I simply do not understand the reason for a thread about what happened FOUR years ago. Of course, the bombing whether symbolic or not was appreciated.

I suspect it was posted to give props to Trump and he got those props...no more necessary.

I noticed your post and it appears you have a sincere anger problem. Are you angry at Trump, frustrated with the lies he told you.

I brought up BUCCO because I have advocated SOMETHING be done for years and years. I am not a late comer to this subject at all. I was met with resistance then when I criticized Obama, and find no worthwhile reason to talk about the past on this at this point. I went back and read that thread this morning and noticed that some who post here now were also around at that time and had NO OPINION on that thread.

I hope I covered all your rantings and I assure you I do understand the reason and logic behind the bombing and have said so.

The only thing I am confused about is the reason for a thread about this poor man. I get it, as does everybody.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
A few notes on your post....

.....I mentioned Iran...did you want a link or a copy paste to read...oh, never mind....READING is asking quite a bit.

.....I posted a thread and a few posts supporting the bombing, I said in that post that I supported it and I defended it.

.....The President in about 72 hours said we did not want to remove Assad, then he changed it and said he must go, and now I think he is back to allowing him to stay. I might add that in the first statement he said he supported Assad

.....I am not sure where you get to say what I suggested. i suggest nothing. I simply do not understand the reason for a thread about what happened FOUR years ago. Of course, the bombing whether symbolic or not was appreciated.

I suspect it was posted to give props to Trump and he got those props...no more necessary.

I noticed your post and it appears you have a sincere anger problem. Are you angry at Trump, frustrated with the lies he told you.

I brought up BUCCO because I have advocated SOMETHING be done for years and years. I am not a late comer to this subject at all. I was met with resistance then when I criticized Obama, and find no worthwhile reason to talk about the past on this at this point. I went back and read that thread this morning and noticed that some who post here now were also around at that time and had NO OPINION on that thread.

I hope I covered all your rantings and I assure you I do understand the reason and logic behind the bombing and have said so.

The only thing I am confused about is the reason for a thread about this poor man. I get it, as does everybody.
Just wondering, why does there have to be a reason given? I, for one, found it very intriguing which is what made me google his name and research further. That's when I came across the CNN clip where he was interviewed. I found his comments to be very interesting and would not have known about this man had the OP not posted it. Personally, I prefer news where a person who has direct experience is interviewed versus so many programs that are based purely on opinion and supposition. This Syrian gentleman gives us a firsthand look at what the people of that country are thinking and really want. Now to me, that's news worth watching.

Tags
people, eid, kassem, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.