Meet Kassem Eid

Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Just wondering, why does there have to be a reason given? I, for one, found it very intriguing which is what made me google his name and research further. That's when I came across the CNN clip where he was interviewed. I found his comments to be very interesting and would not have known about this man had the OP not posted it. Personally, I prefer news where a person who has direct experience is interviewed versus so many programs that are based purely on opinion and supposition. This Syrian gentleman gives us a firsthand look at what the people of that country are thinking and really want. Now to me, that's news worth watching.
Just google Syria and read.

In 2013, I was very motivated but nobody much cared at that time. It was horrible then....and there was not much interest.

This is that OP from 2013....I think the link is dead now

Sage

Default Syria
Ok...even though it has been happening for a year or more, CNN is now broadcasting actual film of a chemical weapon attack in Syria, where the massacre of people has been continuing and ongoing.

Redline has been crossed...many times. Now that we can see it..what now ?

"Activists and rebel fighters accused Syrian President Bashar Assad’s forces of killing hundreds of civilians - including many women and children - in chemical weapons attacks on Wednesday.

Video clips apparently showing the graphic and disturbing aftermath of the alleged attacks on the rebel-held eastern Damascus suburb of Ghouta were posted to social media but could not be independently verified. The clips showed children choking and vomiting, while adults writhed in agony.

If confirmed, it would be by far the worst known use of poison gas during the country’s deadly civil war, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives."

Newsvine

If you really care, here is a item from the dreaded CNN from last year....

What Syrians want you to know

Also from last year....

"Five years into the war in Syria, most reporting focuses on the ebb and flow of the fighting, incessant foreign meddling in the conflict, and the spectacular brutality of extremist groups such as the Islamic State (ISIS). Aside from the occasional human-interest story on the plight of the refugees, however, ordinary Syrians have largely been lost in the shuffle."

What Syrians Want | Foreign Affairs

ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN OUT THERE.....takes someone to want to make a political point to get you to read it.

This is not new...what we need is stronger idea of what IS our policy and stronger actions against those who prop this up.

A selected tape for the media is not something that iimpresses me much.

I may seem a bit jaded and I suppose I am....I have been talking about this for years, on here and off.....this is Trump discussing Syria.....quote from debate....

"During the campaign, Trump discussed Syria principally in the context of refugees, whom he viewed as a potential danger to the U.S., fighting ISIS and as a way to criticize President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

During the second presidential debate on Oct. 9, Trump and Clinton, his then-Democratic rival, were asked what they would do in Syria if they won.

Trump said "Aleppo is a disaster, humanitarian wise" and said that Mosul had "basically fallen." Rather than proposing any specific plan for how he would handle the situation, he went on to slam "the stupidity of our foreign policy" and criticize the Obama administration's tendency to announce planned attacks in advance.

"Why do they have to say we are going to be attacking Mosul within the next four to six weeks, which is what they’re saying. How stupid is our country?" Trump said.

What Trump has said about Syria and Assad - ABC News

We need a FIRM PUBLIC POLICY....IF we really have feelings for these people, then show it.....in words and actions. Sanctions, review our policy on immigration....or we are just talking much like 2013.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM
n/a

Allow me to add this. It bothers me that people get so steamed up with this gas attack when almost 1/2 million have died there, and millions are refugees and starving.

We bombed a runway, shut down Syrians from coming here, so I do have a bit of a jaded view of this. Obama had a good chance....this country voiced loudly their disapproval along with congress.

These missles do not make us great humanitarians.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:36 PM
n/a

The point of this thread was to give voice to the people who matter. We can all sit here and hypothesis, place blame, play politics but Kassem and his people are living at ground zero.

as an individual I care not about politics when considering the effect political leaders omissions and commissions have on people's lives here and abroad.

Its clear that aggressive nations have been testing our will and resolve for a long period of time. As an individual peace through strength resonates with me. I don't care if it is a Democrat or Republican I am going to support the leader who shows backbone.

My experience growing up is that if you don't back a bully down he will view it as weakness and become unrelenting

America can't save everyone but we have to focus on those situation from a past, present and future perspective and work toward solutions to keep this nation secure. What is happening in the middle east and Asia threatens our existence.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-13-2017, 03:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
The point of this thread was to give voice to the people who matter. We can all sit here and hypothesis, place blame, play politics but Kassem and his people are living at ground zero.

as an individual I care not about politics when considering the effect political leaders omissions and commissions have on people's lives here and abroad.

Its clear that aggressive nations have been testing our will and resolve for a long period of time. As an individual peace through strength resonates with me. I don't care if it is a Democrat or Republican I am going to support the leader who shows backbone.

My experience growing up is that if you don't back a bully down he will view it as weakness and become unrelenting

America can't save everyone but we have to focus on those situation from a past, present and future perspective and work toward solutions to keep this nation secure. What is happening in the middle east and Asia threatens our existence.

Personal Best Regards:
I agree with all you say.

My point was.....this has been going on for years, with not a mention. Even in this "sort of" political forum, on Apr 4, I began a thread, and your voice was not present.

This terrible situation is years old...the "Fake news" (as you call them) media has covered it, and I posted a number of stories written about these poor people, so again I am a bit jaded because suddenly it seems we are to care because Trump sent missles to an airfield.

Sorry...I, personally, am not impressed. I support what he did...I understood it....

The care you mention is expressed by you for the first time I have seen, both here and on the old political forum. Nobody said a word when Trump changed policy this past weeks to "support" Assad (of course he changed that. Never heard You or anyone criticize Trump for his loving words on Putin during the campaign while children died in Syria, all orchestrated by Russia.

So excuse me if I misunderstand you, because it is new to me. The hands off Russia, Syria including sanctions (actually Trump wanted at one point to reduce them) was supported by you.

You support banning any Syrian refugees any haven, and use those who take them as examples of what not to do. So excuse me if I am looking at your sudden change as political.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:23 PM
n/a

I don’t like Assad at all,’’ Trump said in a Presidential debate in October. “But Assad is killing isis. Russia is killing isis and Iran is killing isis.”

Trump’s Moment of Terrible Truth in Syria - The New Yorker
Old 04-13-2017, 05:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just google Syria and read.

In 2013, I was very motivated but nobody much cared at that time. It was horrible then....and there was not much interest.

This is that OP from 2013....I think the link is dead now

Sage

Default Syria
Ok...even though it has been happening for a year or more, CNN is now broadcasting actual film of a chemical weapon attack in Syria, where the massacre of people has been continuing and ongoing.

Redline has been crossed...many times. Now that we can see it..what now ?

"Activists and rebel fighters accused Syrian President Bashar Assad’s forces of killing hundreds of civilians - including many women and children - in chemical weapons attacks on Wednesday.

Video clips apparently showing the graphic and disturbing aftermath of the alleged attacks on the rebel-held eastern Damascus suburb of Ghouta were posted to social media but could not be independently verified. The clips showed children choking and vomiting, while adults writhed in agony.

If confirmed, it would be by far the worst known use of poison gas during the country’s deadly civil war, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives."

Newsvine

If you really care, here is a item from the dreaded CNN from last year....

What Syrians want you to know

Also from last year....

"Five years into the war in Syria, most reporting focuses on the ebb and flow of the fighting, incessant foreign meddling in the conflict, and the spectacular brutality of extremist groups such as the Islamic State (ISIS). Aside from the occasional human-interest story on the plight of the refugees, however, ordinary Syrians have largely been lost in the shuffle."

What Syrians Want | Foreign Affairs

ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN OUT THERE.....takes someone to want to make a political point to get you to read it.

This is not new...what we need is stronger idea of what IS our policy and stronger actions against those who prop this up.

A selected tape for the media is not something that iimpresses me much.

I may seem a bit jaded and I suppose I am....I have been talking about this for years, on here and off.....this is Trump discussing Syria.....quote from debate....

"During the campaign, Trump discussed Syria principally in the context of refugees, whom he viewed as a potential danger to the U.S., fighting ISIS and as a way to criticize President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

During the second presidential debate on Oct. 9, Trump and Clinton, his then-Democratic rival, were asked what they would do in Syria if they won.

Trump said "Aleppo is a disaster, humanitarian wise" and said that Mosul had "basically fallen." Rather than proposing any specific plan for how he would handle the situation, he went on to slam "the stupidity of our foreign policy" and criticize the Obama administration's tendency to announce planned attacks in advance.

"Why do they have to say we are going to be attacking Mosul within the next four to six weeks, which is what they’re saying. How stupid is our country?" Trump said.

What Trump has said about Syria and Assad - ABC News

We need a FIRM PUBLIC POLICY....IF we really have feelings for these people, then show it.....in words and actions. Sanctions, review our policy on immigration....or we are just talking much like 2013.
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I didn't know about what happened in 2013. I did, and I also remember very clearly you (as Bucco) were very upset about it. You were obviously very well read at that time and I enjoyed your informative posts. I was not posting on the political forum back then, but it was mostly your posts that intrigued me enough to start watching things more closely. Anyway, what I was saying was I wouldn't have known about this particular survivor if not for this thread. I thought the interview was very revealing about how the Syrian people feel not so much about Trump, but about their homeland and the action or inaction of the US regarding it.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I didn't know about what happened in 2013. I did, and I also remember very clearly you (as Bucco) were very upset about it. You were obviously very well read at that time and I enjoyed your informative posts. I was not posting on the political forum back then, but it was mostly your posts that intrigued me enough to start watching things more closely. Anyway, what I was saying was I wouldn't have known about this particular survivor if not for this thread. I thought the interview was very revealing about how the Syrian people feel not so much about Trump, but about their homeland and the action or inaction of the US regarding it.
Hard to believe a guy so well read wasted his vote on a candidate that garnered less than 1% of the nation's votes...they say the mind slips with age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry if my response was harsh.

I just am annoyed..not a strong word, but trying to cool it a bit...at people who are so shallow and narrow minded as many on here. Suddenly people have hearts when it is convenient.

I am wrong a lot, but pride myself in admitting it, and take great pride in trying hard to stay balance. Been a loyal Republican for years (Democrat for awhile and that gave me a thirst for politics), but left and became independent when Trump got the nomination. I recall the Republican putting morals and values first and could not support the party any longer as they seemingly abandoned that. The move to extremism, which ironically Trump's hypocrisy is moving him away from, was not a trip I could take, but who knows, Trump is whatever the last person told him to be ������

But sorry if I was harsh...Syrian folks have suffered more than we spoiled Americans can even imagine. They simply want their country back.

Russia, who pulls the strings needs to be seriously held accountable.

By the way, Syria is tough situation. Obama's lack of action allowed Russia to get involved, although it could have been worse if he acted in error. That said, why we are not putting the pressure on Russia escapes me. We cannot get involved there without body bags, but when I hear of the Republican Party dropping increased sanctions on Russia on behalf of Putin, I get ill. When I DON'T hear talk of increasing pressure on Russia, it really irks me. They have taken over 2 countries, are trying to break NATO to pursue more, tried to influence a USA election, are strong allies of Iran, so what are we not really applying pressure.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry if my response was harsh.

I just am annoyed..not a strong word, but trying to cool it a bit...at people who are so shallow and narrow minded as many on here. Suddenly people have hearts when it is convenient.

I am wrong a lot, but pride myself in admitting it, and take great pride in trying hard to stay balance. Been a loyal Republican for years (Democrat for awhile and that gave me a thirst for politics), but left and became independent when Trump got the nomination. I recall the Republican putting morals and values first and could not support the party any longer as they seemingly abandoned that. The move to extremism, which ironically Trump's hypocrisy is moving him away from, was not a trip I could take, but who knows, Trump is whatever the last person told him to be ������

But sorry if I was harsh...Syrian folks have suffered more than we spoiled Americans can even imagine. They simply want their country back.

Russia, who pulls the strings needs to be seriously held accountable.

By the way, Syria is tough situation. Obama's lack of action allowed Russia to get involved, although it could have been worse if he acted in error. That said, why we are not putting the pressure on Russia escapes me. We cannot get involved there without body bags, but when I hear of the Republican Party dropping increased sanctions on Russia on behalf of Putin, I get ill. When I DON'T hear talk of increasing pressure on Russia, it really irks me. They have taken over 2 countries, are trying to break NATO to pursue more, tried to influence a USA election, are strong allies of Iran, so what are we not really applying pressure.
Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying and agree. It is a tough situation indeed.

Tags
people, eid, kassem, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.